Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

debate is off. pick up the cheap CA shares while you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

very unlikely, but the debate might be back on. if so, you could buy shares at a slight bit cheaper. if he does well, then definitely cheaper. i'm staying out until the debate status is finalized

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

benchmark claims those polls routinely underrepresent latino populations. but you know, benchmark

538 has it at 94% clinton as well

either way, early reports are going to come in heavy clinton, which is going to swing that market, prob in the 80s. from there...who knows.

also, no exit polling

abelwingnut has issued a correction as of 19:49 on Jun 2, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

field and marist polls have it close

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

that flies against everything we've heard before

everything

what poll?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Fidel Castronaut posted:

He has Bernie winning New Mexico, which has caused movement in the NM market. He's also an idiot.

yes, but pre-oregon PI moved dramatically on his word. it was really, really bizarre. haven't seen his name mentioned much since.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what in the gently caress kind of system is that?

yea, avoiding that

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i think odds are good he drops out in the next 48hrs

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i mean, the ap called the primary. he's going to look really petty if he loses nj and ca yet keeps up with a campaign. his donations are way down, obama called him yeaterday, obama's endorsing her like wednesday, and he's not an idiot. it's time to move on. hillary already has.

i mean, yes, it's possible he keeps up a campaign. but...who the hell's going to care? i doubt hillary would even try to campaign at that point. the media won't care, they've already moved on. it just doesn't make sense for him to waste his time and, more importantly, her time.

abelwingnut has issued a correction as of 05:02 on Jun 7, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

no she didn't. she suspended on 7/8/08. the convention was in august.

Necc0 posted:

It also doesn't cost him anything to stay in and he's already been running on fumes for the past month. If he doesn't need to campaign any longer why even bother suspending, anyways?

because he realizes it's time for the party to come together against trump. he's going to look terrible if he's out campaigning after obama endorses her. like, beyond petty. just straight up sore loser.

he certainly could, i wouldn't put it past him. but...it's over. consolidate the base, take on trump. that's what's best for the nation.

presumably he'd stay in to help steer hillary's message. he has a better chance of doing that as some pact with her in turn for his concession. why would hillary alter her message if he keeps campaigning and she doesn't give him the time of day? he loses more leverage the longer he holds out. he'll also gain more credence at the convention if he drops out now. if he really wants to help, he drops out now.

abelwingnut has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Jun 7, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

he's already announced a conference thursday

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

commie castro, no questoin

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how on earth is that not an address? and they acknowledged it is pre-planned in the third clarification

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Peachstapler posted:

I'm on the B1 NO, biggly. No way he raises over a million space bucks.

why? isn't he far more visible this election? how much did he raise last month?

either way, seems smarter to buy yes at 20 on b2 and b3 than no at 60 on b1

abelwingnut has issued a correction as of 14:23 on Jul 20, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, feel like it's way better to enter the fundraising markets when they open and try to get low prices of yes in every tier. too late to enter now unless you have the number

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

vox, you crashed that market!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

not sure i see why utah R no is bad? trump's numbers aren't going up there whatsoever, neither are johnson's. hillary and mcmormon will siphon from them both. and given it's already a 3-way tie, i'm not seeing how trump comes out ahead. mcmormon has a lot of room to grow, hillary...maybe, the other two hell no.

not touching D no at that price.

just my take!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Discospawn posted:

No, I think it is highly unlikely that either candidate will get 50%. There's a good chance there will be a significant increase in 3rd party votes this year (including McMullin in Utah) compared with 2008 & 2012, and the last week has shown that Clinton's national lead may only be a couple percentage points.

In 2008, Obama only got 51.1% of the popular vote, and he was considered to have beaten his polling VERY significantly.

To put it into numbers, I don't think that market would be appealing for YES until it got into single digits.

johnson and stein will not break 2.5%. they totaled like 1.25% last time. i agree they'll see an uptick, but no way is it significant, especially given the 'horserace' narrative and how awful johnson has done this cycle. mcmullin might get 35% in one state.

let's say third party amounts a generous 5% of the vote. that leaves 95% remaining, meaning the mov would have to be 5 or more, which is right where the polling is.

now let's bring that third party number back to reality and say 2.5%. that leaves 97.5%. mov could be as low as 2.5% and it'd still hit.

people in that market are forgetting there are no 'undecideds' in the actual results. they keep looking at the 4-way numbers and ignoring this. really it's another market on mov, and simple math. i'd max it at 55c personally

abelwingnut has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Nov 6, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Patter Song posted:

:siren: We're up to 135,034,226 votes cast. :siren:

Not many votes left...we passed 135 million but we probably won't pass 136 million.

per?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

don't believe me, vox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

btw a lot of money to make today

• Locked thread