Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

HEY NONG MAN posted:

heh, still lives at home too

Got his own twitter account even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Why Do Average New Car Prices Continue to Rise?

The major automobile companies explain the increase of new car prices as due to company restructuring, the increased cost of raw materials and shipping, and costs to meet the new regulatory demands.

After the U.S. bailout of the major automobile manufacturers, one of the demands from congress was a need for these companies to restructure to achieve long-term viability, energy efficiency, lower emission requirements and a plan to repay the bailout loans.

Changes in Demands
For many years, large SUV style vehicles were in demand. These vehicles have a higher purchase price and are more expensive to maintain and insure. With the slower economy, many of these vehicles went unsold. For this reason and the increasing demand for more economical and cost-efficient cars the manufacturers have to restructure their facilities to build these models.

New Technologies
With the increase of fuel imports and higher prices for imported oil, there are stronger regulations for fuel economy. Besides increasing the standard fuel economy of the current models, many auto manufacturers are looking to increase vehicle types that run on alternative fuels such as electric-powered, or bio-fuels. These new technologies add expenses to the auto manufacturers in the developing vehicles to run on these alternative fuels.

Increased Cost of Materials
The increased cost of steel is another contributing factor in the purchase price of new vehicles. With the lower demand for steel and other products, the only survival approach is to raise prices of their products. The money for these increased costs cannot solely be absorbed by the automobile manufacturers; they need to be added to the sales price.

Incentives and Advertising Costs
To increase the demand for a company's products, they need to be advertised and salesmen need an incentive to sell. To get the customers into the dealership showrooms, auto manufacturers spend millions of dollars on ad campaigns. They also offer larger bonuses to the dealerships for the sale of these selected models.

With the increasing costs of operating a new car dealership, high competition, and the lower volume of sales, many dealerships are keeping these incentives and not passing the discounts to the customer.

Import Taxes
Many cars are manufactured outside the U.S., and need to be shipped. Also, many of the components for cars that are manufactured in the states are imported. With increased shipping fees, these costs also contribute to the price of new vehicles.

Currency Fluctuations
The value of all countries' currencies varies on a daily basis. When the value of U.S. currency drops, the cost of imported products increases. These increases cause the manufacturer to spend more for their imported products.

Every increase of cost to a manufacturer affects the cost to produce, ship, advertise and sell their products. These costs, plus the need to make a profit are reasons the price of new cars are increasing.

TL;DR Its almost as if parts and labor arent the only part of the cars price.

edit: meant arent

JB50 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 30, 2015

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Dave Concepcion posted:

lol id rather be fat than live in britain

Theyre just as fat as Americans though.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

nm posted:

I know a lot of people who love it of all ages. I can't stand the thing, and I even lived in Minnesota for a decade.

Edit: Barely cracking a smile is how minnesotans react to the funniest thing ever though. Can't show any vunerability.

I live in the same town Garrison Keillor is from, and Ive never met anyone who talks like him, nor anybody who listens to that poo poo.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

The Mantis posted:

Holy lol this idiot. It's like a turd took an SAT prep class.

This video just made me hate immigrants

But its a burger in NEW YORK!!!!!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Nick Solares, meat expert.

I wonder what he would say to Michele Samarya-Timm, meat safety expert, about that rare burger. This lady goes around to restaurants ordering 55-degree burgers and then gets upset when the line cook doesn't know what she's talking about.

I looked at the article and I think you meant 155, right?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

withak posted:

183 threads discussing blue ray covers?

Im guessing its :filez: related.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

GORDON posted:

I'm one of the few men to go through the Marines and never get a tat. It's because I always legit considered myself too attractive to deface my body with permanent ink.

The few, the proud, the untatooed.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

radiatinglines posted:

1915: why get a wristwatch when you have a pocket watch?

2015: why get a wristwatch when you have a phone in your pocket?

There are clocks on like every big appliance and clocks everywhere in general.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

next time ur at a red light, take a look around u.

and if ur caught u get a $100 ticket - which is like a 30-50% of the average speeding ticket. its disgusting.

I drive a large truck at work and I can see down into everybodys car, Theyre ALL on their phones all the time.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

radiatinglines posted:

Oh man you sure nailed me there

Not

Wasnt really a shot at you just putting it out there.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Illavick posted:

Look at these assholes with their house and their kids and their dog! Playing with a loving toy, is there no decency? SHAME.

Wanna meet dat mom doe!!!!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Haier posted:

So is this a "her" or just identifies as a "her"?

If she? puched someone would they even notice?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Hello Annyong posted:

dis bitch fine af

Can someone please edit it so its just looping back and forth on the mom?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fixed it:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

This is like an Onion type site right?... right?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Stinky_Pete posted:

The thing that I hate most about his hair is that it's straight-up shaved from a clear line on the sides. It looks like he has mange.

I just now noticed he has a suit jacket and tie on. The rest was so distracting I never noticed before.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

symbolic posted:

that is a lot of loving orange juice

Have you never been to a grocery store?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

symbolic posted:

yes but i am not used to seeing that much orange juice

apparently i don't pay attention to it much

Some of it is sunny d which doesnt count as orange juice.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

id like it if my workplace had a gym. id double like it if it had a rock wall. ill let my bonus for one quarter take the hit, divided amongst my coworkers for a sweet rock wall. id use it for an hour after work or something.

Welcome to my world:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

The asses were not worth watching this video.

That chic with the tats would be hot, without the tats, haircut and piercings.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

hackbunny posted:

how is this legal

ah-ha! well as a student work it's very impressive

Phone jammers are VERY illegal in the USA.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/tJ41cOZ.webm

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Boiled Water posted:

Bottled water is very practical in places where you have limited access to water like say in the great outdoors.

I suddenly understand why you think the concept is odd.

Yes, that is exactly the reason everybody buys it.

Youre so smart.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

So its karaoke?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Crowd shot of teenroast:

Looks like 40-50 people max. They just do this to boost their egos right? There cant be any money in these dumass things.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

FCKGW posted:

so any old white dude with a goatee is walter white now huh?

Goon face blindness is real.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

To be fair, fixing the sink is an annoying task that is best left to a professional

Pipes, how do they work? - A Millennial

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I like how he looks at the cassette like there should be instructions on it or something.

INSERT THIS WAY.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Count Freebasie posted:

What the gently caress is Sensei Kreese doing at that table with those kids?

Im the guy in the middle who is not smiling and wants to kill everyone.

Tanned brunette on the far left is super hot though, she will be spared.

Many legs will be swept.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Either way I don't believe this is real. And anyone trying to follow those examples would look like a colossal tool who's trying really hard to look smarter than they are by shoehorning words with lots of syllables into their vocabulary.

Youre out of your mind if you think this is fake.

First of all its from a government agency. Second its from a bunch of silly people in the equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion team.

Guarantee you its real as gently caress.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Khorne posted:

Yeah, overtime in a tournament with money on the line sure is a foreign concept! Having to replay overtime due to rules lawyering is cryptic language as well!

What is MR3 and MR5 and who ultimately won?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

etalian posted:

But But it has that hot ATT girl?

THIS!

Im very torn.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Derp, My generation is the best every other one hosed everything up - Millenials and every generation ever.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

what if you want to go to a nice restaurant, maybe see a concert or go to an art gallery or take a girl on a decent and interesting date that doesn't involve driving for 40 minutes to find something that is actually something, small rural towns have nothing in them and no worth to a regular person

You could try the suburbs you know? There is something in between downtown big city and the open country.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Wow weve got peak millenial rage in here.

Pack it up everybody the USA only has white people according to this aussie.

Could have fooled me.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

sorry i somehow don't believe that the middle of america has many actual immigrant populations from europe or asia, i would love some proof of some of these midwestern cities diversity if you want me to believe you are anything

Over 75.0% of Minnesota's residents are of European descent, with the largest reported ancestries being German (38.6%), Norwegian (17.0%), Irish (11.9%), and Swedish (9.8%). The state has had the reputation of being relatively racially homogeneous, but that is changing. The Hispanic population of Minnesota is increasing rapidly,[8] and recent immigrants have come from all over the world, including Hmong,[9] Somalis, Vietnamese, and emigrants from the former Soviet bloc.

Minnesota Racial Breakdown of Population
Racial composition 1990[10] 2000[11] 2010[12]
White 94.4% 89.4% 85.3%
Black 2.2% 3.5% 5.2%
Asian 1.8% 2.9% 4.0%
Native 1.1% 1.1% 1.2%
Native Hawaiian and
other Pacific Islander - - -
Other race 0.5% 1.3% 1.9%
Two or more races - 1.7% 2.4%

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pandemonium posted:

Diversity is a good metric for what exactly? It's really odd to read people boasting about how many immigrants their city has as if it means anything.

Posting as a whitie in a non-whitie super homogenized part of the world. Probably living a better lifestyle than Mr. Melbourne over there to boot. Got that real internet here.

"Youre just mad your parents dont pay half your rent" -He says as if this is something to brag about.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

I can't imagine it was meant to be. Allentown is a pit. There's a terrible amusement park and a really poor and crime ridden lovely town beside it.

The word rustbelt comes to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Im the guy on the left going bald and trying to cover it up. Unironically 22 years ago.

• Locked thread