Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

post pictures idiots

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Google Image Search: Mourning Steve Jobs

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I took my sister and her friend to a free concert last week, every time the band played a song they particularly liked, they'd squeal to each other then promptly snapchat snippets of video to their friends.

It was annoying and shallow, I believe every generation following the greatest have been self absorbed, now smart phones are enabling us to gaze at our navels in exciting new ways.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Morkies posted:

i use my to gaze at genitals, not sea armies

Got me

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: one of the last acts of the dying Baby Boomer will be to DEMAND that Millenials give them organ transplants to squeeze out another year or two because they DESERVE THEM GODDAMMIT GREATEST GENERATION :qq:

boomers and the greatest generation are two separate groups

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

I forgot to include the first part lastnight.

lol the author of this comic made a fortune off of the older tumblr base when they were still in grade school:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

gently caress you if you travel in a hoodie goddamn show some class

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Who Said It: Jaden Smith or Jean-Paul Sartre??

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNS0JaX9_X8crosspost from antismoking thread

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

This is making me irrationally angry. It's not art, anybody could do that. Project the image on the wall and trace it, not hard

so do it

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
hahaha if you think dead bodies or historical sites deserve reverence they're only corporeal

Ein cooler Typ posted:

cool dead bodies:
every single one

not cool dead bodies:
no such thing

grow up baby

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah, like 50-100 years ago it was common af to photo your family along with someone who just died

because pictures were a luxury and you had to get one with the corpse if you wanted a picture of the person at all.

Now it's easy to take pictures of anything all the time so why not take your picture with a corpse? How many people can say they have one of those?

All this ire for the living and respect for the dead is confusingly backwards.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

ghlbtsk posted:

Jesus Christ are those stupid scarves ever going to go away?

I dont see a problem with these scarves

full disclosure:

<--- Millennial

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Toadstrieb posted:

its the way in which it is in itself emblematic of the problem with millennials--they're easily duped and they like to be duped.

every generation is happily duped into being sold lifestyles and material poo poo

also shut up you sound real snotty

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Toadstrieb posted:

Wow yall have some reading to do, everything hasn't been the same forever just because it's easy to say that it has.

the difference back then was when you were selling the new american lifestyle, well-off people could actually attain what was being advertised

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Legit, what is with this poo poo? Like, I understand in a formal setting, but dressing your boyfriend to see his friends?

The gently caress is that about?

She wants to gently caress a rich dude but has to settle for a guy who dresses like a rich dude

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
old people are just as bad about gawking at their phones its not an age thing whatsoever

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Baracula posted:

im gonna go piss through my dick unobstructed by my prostate

lol

e: this sounds like an action bronson line

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Old people, not elderly, are the worst. I've learned this from a number of service jobs. The entitlement is through the roof with these rotund buffoons.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I want to see a picture of this 32 year old who dates women for their boobs.

Who in the world commits to a relationship based on appearances alone? Idiots, that's who.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Tyson Tomko posted:

She just rolled her eyes and mumbled something along the lines of "what a jerk"

It was one of those Pat looking old men who could have been a woman for all I know too.

Millennial wise, anyone here familiar with the 51 club or whatever is called? It's basically a deal where you pay $51 a month and they send you random clothes. Several hipsters I work with praise that poo poo.

Sounds like a good way to stay a few months behind on fashion trends

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Great Clips are you kidding me? Just get a flowbee or lighter fluid you obviously don't give a poo poo about the hair on your presumably ugly head

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
What do you call the generation of kids ages 0~12 ? Because I hate them and don't want them to be millennials. They're on ipads since infancy and exceedingly worldly and thus neurotic

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

momerath posted:

i'm going for a design centered major on the gi bill how hosed am i

Ditch the military look, network network network, and you'll do fine.

Oh and of course work hard and take instructions in stride. you'd think that should go without saying but you know...

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

momerath posted:

yeah, i'll be in new york city and i actually have no idea what to expect. last experience with "college people" was pretty disappointing tbh

Hey, I just moved to nyc for design work. I got here because I worked hard as a research assistant for a professor and she introduced me to people who turned me on to openings/gave good recommendations.

If you want more pointed advice or someone to bounce ideas off of, hit a dude up.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Twat McTwatterson posted:

this is loving hilarious and true as gently caress

It looks like they live in the suburbs so yea it checks out

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Did anyone mention those dumb "pranking da hood" video where some random white dude goes to the ghetto and talks poo poo or steps on a guy's Jordan's and is surprised he gets hit

IT'S JUST A PRANK MAN OK

I feel like that's the very definition of this thread

the true prank is that its all staged for views. Millennials are gaming the system in hilarious new ways

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

a dog from hell posted:

She turned the the driver and said, "Nice brakes!" and gave him a thumbs up.

Haha that's awesome and doesn't belong in this thread

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

something tells me that if she was white you'd being calling her an "entitled vapid oval office" - but what do i know

Jack poo poo it seems

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

“I'm wearing a vintage hat, a coat from a Japanese primary school's second hand market in Milan, an American Apparel shirt, a self-made bowtie and customized jeans shorts and Dr Martens boots. Don't dress up like sheep.”

“My outfit is a postmodern stand to the state of the society. The print on my top is self-designed and self-made.”

“I like to wear clothes from the 20s and the 30s. At that time clothes were made to fit the body naturally. I found my style a couple of years ago, when I was looking for a new pair of trousers.”

“I wear other people's clothes: The jacket is my grandmother's old, the pullover from my boyfriend's mother. I like to wear pink, black and leggings. I like girlish but clean-cut and simple clothes.”

this is vastly preferable to a sea of investment bankers in pale blue button ups and black slacks. The future is now.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
whatever I embrace the weird poo poo as long as its honest and not vain. every post on lookatthisfuckinghipster is someone desperate to be seen and thats the most unstylish mindset.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
its fascinating to me that industrializing garments produced simpler, lowest common denominator items. This summer I went to the Biltmore Estate with my partner when they had the Downton Abbey costumes on display and I learned how much upkeep was required back in the day for just a few relatively complex articles of clothing. Its cool to meet people who create and refashion items in their wardrobe rather than wearing what was produced en masse.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

froward posted:

all fashion is vain. "honest" is shorthand for "presents themselves exactly as they are" but nobody loving does this.

fashion and style are forms of expression but its no more inherently vain than displaying a painting or playing a song you wrote (which may also be vain). So I think following fashion trends is exceedingly narcissistic. Fashion week just wrapped up and it was stupid how many people around town were clearly following trends.
When I say honest I recall people who dress how they like, its cool that people wear hiking boots and running shoes because they're comfy.

in summary cool off you sound too serious

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Or an 8 y.o. Chinese girl making the iPad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

lol they were talking about this rat on the radio this morning. its just as cute as I expected. Go Rat Go!

• Locked thread