Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

It's impressive that there's a whole subreddit devoted to people born between 1880 and 1900.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Xaris posted:

whatever makes each generation after it sound worse, more demeaning and dumber, the better imo.

GREATEST generation -> babby bombers -> gen x -> millenials -> tweenials -> autistic durrhurr weee-wee-pee-pants generation -> steaming pile of impotent beta babyfood feces generation -> ?????

They weren't called the greatest generation until they started dying in droves. Before that they were the great depression generation (but not called that) - because that actually had an effect on them.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Teenage wasteland, oh yeah, it's only teenage wasteland...

They're all wasted!

Which g-g-generation are you t-t-talkling about?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

because high schools get a lot of funding from local taxes and federal/state grants so if you get your funding cut because the GOP hates education and you live in a lovely area odds are you are going to a lovely high school.

and most definitely about the second bit. idk why everyone pushes kids to college when it's obvious college isn't for everyone and not only that colleges today are rapidly becoming a way to get into tens of thousands of dollars in debt with nothing much to show for it.

btw I got a 2100 on the SAT what did you goons get

I took it before the scores were inflated by 50% so that the millennials would feel special.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

They added another section; that's not just inflating scores?

If anything I could have got a better score. The new writing section was my weakest area. Dumb section anyway; writing is so subjective (though they're supposed to just judge mechanics vs content it's dumb to have anything on a standard test be graded by humans).

The new section that only became necessary when schools realized that the millennials didn't even know what a five paragraph essay was, let alone be able to write one with correct spelling and grammar?

Not that you are any less able, in fact you're almost 600 SAT points smarter than your predecessors. GOLD STAR!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

i'm a millenial and just found out that the law firm for whom i worked this summer made me a permanent offer of employment upon graduation. this time next year, i'll be making $160,000k + bonuses.

suck it, gen-xer haters. suck it hipsters. go gently caress yourselves, SWJs.

So you're saying that FYGM is trans-generational?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

thathonkey posted:

my truck irl

idgi

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

OK, that reference is kind of funny in a nihilistic, millennial way.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Mad Monk posted:

I bet that mom gives out chick tracts instead of candy.

Whole Foods coupon for a free baby carrot.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Don't worry, I'm sure allergy mom also fears guns and also thinks no-one else should ever have guns either.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

notZaar posted:

My favorite crazy old candy is candy corn.

Mix it with peanuts and you can't distinguish it from a Payday. While still a second-tier candybar, Payday is way better than candycorn alone.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

nomadologique posted:

i'm not sure how i feel about viral marketing that takes advantage of MRA obsession w height to sell them products based on their self loathing and confirmation bias

How is that different from every other form of advertising?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

It's a disgrace what they did to women that slept with wehrmacht soldiers, they were just trying to survive in a world gone mad.

They were all short, though, so they only shaved part of her head.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

67. Find a way to do what you love, even if it doesn't pay well. Don't do that thing all the time, though.
You're not going to change the world, but you can change the part of the world where you are.
There is no person, no movement, no religion, no organization that is your perfect match and will never disappoint you. That's OK. You can still believe and you can still work toward something wonderful, though imperfect.
Ditch the cynicism of your 20s for the wonder of your single digits as fast as you can. Seek beauty and wonder. When you find it, share it.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 8, 2015

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

thathonkey posted:

you konw what? i thought about it some more and maybe i was wrong to criticize the advice. but can yall give some examples of the two unrelated skills yall have; one that you like and have a career in and another that you love and are a hobbyist of.

Lawyering (Public Defender, love it) and working on cars and turning 20 acres into a goat and horse farm and and and ...

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Aferisan posted:

I'm a millenials waiting for two things: get hit on my fixed and to live off the settlement or winning the lotto and moving to williamsburg

I got bit on my fixed in 1978 and I world love to live and work in Williamsburg. I'd want to be a blacksmith.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

FYGM and willful ignorance of public goods are not restricted to millennials.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Because The Man wants you to work a rat race job for the rest of your life feeling pressured to pay them off

No, only people who make construction materials or build houses should be treated like that.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

nomadologique posted:

when was the last time you were bit by a mammal under unusual circumstances?

Or had mammal saliva in contact with your mucous membranes, if you're into very unusual circumstances...

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

gently caress da Mods posted:

youre stupidif u think ChiCraple is good

I know changing names to sound like bodily functions isn't a millennial thing, but perhaps doing it after 6th grade and doing it badly but thinking it's awesome is a millennial thing.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

It's like a young, ginger Rob Halford.

VVVVVV
It's ironic.
And so retro.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

If Repo Man is millennial, things are looking up!

• Locked thread