Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Kanye may not be campaigning for this year, but if there's one person who deserves to get his mic snatched away mid-speech it's Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

Hey guys, remember when Bush the second was considered the most embarrassing world leader in living memory?

Well,

:stare:

Countdown to Trump tweeting that this would never happen in America, because it's against our head of government's religion.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

This is a very good analogy, even with WW2 I don't think Americans ever expected that could happen.

The problem was our WW2-era response to the whole thing (if our response to WW2 was "let's invade India! (or any other completely unrelated country").

Lots of things about the war on terror make more sense in a WW2 context.

Like "you forgot Poland."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

The congressional chaplain also put out a memo yesterday calling for members to show the proper respect for the pope, noting how things have gone with joint sessions in the Obama years

Looking forward to someone shouting "you lie!" at the Pope and getting turned into a pillar of salt.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Three Olives posted:

This is a joke right? Tell me this is a joke. The title starting with A Modest Proposal isn't enough to dissuade myself with the idea that at a minimum people will take it very seriously given that it has been published by NPR.

If they were going for satire, they probably shouldn't have started with "No, seriously, bear with us". But if they weren't going for satire, they really should have chosen another title.

Either way, what I'm getting out of this is that putting Trump in a position of power is approximately as good an idea as eating babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

zoux posted:

We live in historical times friends, as the Benghazi probe is now the longest Congressional investigation of all time.

The previous record holder was some small dustup called "Watergate".

If we're getting the Permanent Benghazi Investigation Committee from Alpha House, can ws get the high-profile Republican lesbian marriage too?

• Locked thread