Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

this is hard to do, and expensive to do

I wish I could find any more to your argument than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Zodium posted:

Hm, what if everyone in Europe just became a rational humanist all at once? That would solve a lot of our problems today. Politics is pretty easy, if you think about it.

What if at least the rational humanists began to whine less about how expensive this all is going to be? That'd be a start.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

my dad posted:

As loathe as I am to say something like this, a friend of mine spent two months in a primarily immigrant Muslim town in Sweden, and her experiences were a horrifying cocktail of misogyny (up to an including rape and death threats), from men and women alike (including a little girl screaming at her that she's a vile person for watching cartoons instead of having children). How do you prevent the creation of insular, toxic communities like that one without loving over desperate people fleeing a horrible place?

Literally empty the pockets of hardworking Europeans.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

tumblr.txt posted:

You didn't answer my question. Is being unable to have any more kids worse than drowning or being shot in a warzone?

Also I am an Australian, and we successfully "Stopped the Boats". I can share more about our solution if you like?

We could just increase their standards of living until they play MMORPGs all day. Birthrate powerbomb

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Welcome to the United States! As you are a refugee from a war zone, you have now been granted :arghfist::10bux:FULL CITIZENSHIP.:10bux::arghfist: Here is your driver's license. Here is your free access to public health clinics. Here is your library card. Here are some GROCERIES. Here is a bicycle, and a Crown Victoria and an iphone 3GS with uber already on it, now get into the arena with the rest of us gladiators, and just hope you don't get a workplace injury.

All of you, refugees from war, are welcome.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

tumblr.txt posted:

Sedanchair, are you proposing to take people who may not know how to drive and give them driver's licenses without proof of ability?

That aside it's a wonderful dream but will never ever happen in today's political climate. We may as well wish for everyone to stop fighting and just get along.

I propose an alternate solution: Accept 10x the current migrant intake, give them all the support they need, but Women and Children under 10 Only. It worked then and it could work now.

Yes let's keep the military-age males in the middle of history's greatest jihad cauldron, ostracized from their families.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

tumblr.txt posted:

Away from their families, on the opposite side of the world to the host country. Exactly.

I'm glad you've chosen to socially engineer refugees for fear of their communities becoming "toxic." That's certainly the place to begin such activities, with refugees from war.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Baron FU posted:

Shut the hell up. These things happen, especially in low income areas where extremism thrives. You are in no position to question how a working class/poor ethnic Swede feels or their experiences regarding islamic immigrants.

I'm tired of rich and intolerant people on this forum hating on the poor and working class.

This is a very neo-Nazi sort of narrative.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

chessmaster13 posted:

How about South Africa, or one of those nice little tax heavens like Belize. Any place that offers basic protection can be a great place if you bring money.

If you have money and freedom of movement, exactly how do you imagine the refugee crisis will affect you in the first place?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

my dad posted:

Which is why I'm asking about concrete measures for helping refugees integrate/settle in/whatever the appropriate word is. What policies can be taken? I'm looking for answers along the lines of "provide housing in the form shelters/apartments/<something>", "provide <concrete measure> to ensure refugees get access to proper education, healthcare, <other necessity>", "open up <type of workplace> to provide them long-term employment", "pass laws about fighting <type of discrimination> with <concrete measure> to protect refugees from harassment", "initiate a public awareness campaign about the conditions the refugees live in by means of <media>, <agency>, <charity>, especially focusing on <group>", hell, even "Join the Antifa and go crush Nazi skulls" is something concrete, I guess.

I keep getting replies about there being a need for reasonable measures, and I'd really, really, really like to have someone tell me what these reasonable measures are. Specifically, what gets to replace the <X> stuff in my post.

European countries have plenty of social services professionals who know how to handle all that stuff. Turn out the pockets of hardworking Europeans and shower them with euros. This doesn't have to be complicated on the citizen end.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

That's it? It seems like there are lots of other reasons too. Nigel Farage doesn't really hammer on about rape gangs (I guess he has more taste and restraint than you).

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Unknown Dyne posted:

Do you think the German people will sit idly by while traitors in their own Government cause the forced dissolution of German culture and of the very German people themselves?

Nasheeds at Bayreuth

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

lmaoboy1998 posted:

I'm refusing to believe this, for my own sanity.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Ambassador_claims_shortly_before_invasion_Bush_0804.html

quote:

In his new book, The End of Iraq: How American Incompetence Created A War Without End, Galbraith, the son of the late economist John Kenneth Galbraith, claims that American leadership knew very little about the nature of Iraqi society and the problems it would face after the overthrow of Saddam Hussein.

A year after his “Axis of Evil” speech before the U.S. Congress, President Bush met with three Iraqi Americans, one of whom became postwar Iraq’s first representative to the United States. The three described what they thought would be the political situation after the fall of Saddam Hussein. During their conversation with the President, Galbraith claims, it became apparent to them that Bush was unfamiliar with the distinction between Sunnis and Shiites.

Galbraith reports that the three of them spent some time explaining to Bush that there are two different sects in Islam--to which the President allegedly responded, “I thought the Iraqis were Muslims!”

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Ligur posted:

As for deporting our own citizens? Well... they were born here, you see. That's a little different people from halfway across the world who were born into another country. A State sort of exists as this system to take care of biz for it's own citizens. That's why they do poo poo like pay taxes and everything for the State, which in turn protects them and their children and so on. The State takes care of it's own criminals too, instead of deporting them, and tries to solve internal problems so the people who live there would prosper. Wheeee!

Your borders are without value and your national identities, similarly without value, should be erased. Distinctions between those born inside of nations and those born outside are without value. Now that's not to say that there won't be plenty of bigots, racists and nationalists who object to an influx of immigrants, and to turning out the pockets of hardworking Europeans until discrepancies in income and unemployment vanish. However, these reactions should be put in their proper context, as ignorance, bigotry and mental deficiency.

You can rally these bigots if you choose to, but history will record you on a single page with PEGIDA and Golden Dawn.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Pretty sure you're saying that to a Finnish supremacist so I don't think that argument will hold weight.

Yeah, I just hope people won't fall into the trap of arguing with bigots about studies or statistics. The correct response to poor outcomes for immigrants is not to restrict immigrants, but to impose sacrifice upon the native population until those outcomes are improved. They won't like it, but the nation will benefit in the long term. Then, when discrepancies in income and employment are erased, they'll have nothing to complain about but the fact that immigrants look and speak differently than them. These are the arguments that bigots should be stuck making.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Ligur posted:

You don't have make any guesses or be "pretty sure". You can just directly ask me if I think Finns are somehow superior over others, and I can answer honestly.

What's the point of that? You have already woven your elaborate rationale, cloaked in taxes and unemployment rates.

Snakes know how to conceal themselves in tall grass.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

MaxxBot posted:

So do you think that first world countries are obligated to just open their borders up and allow hundreds of millions of desperately poor people to flow in?

Yes, without exception.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

PerpetualSelf posted:

Do you believe in overpopulation?

Do you believe that children can be considered "over" or "surplus" population when they are standing on one part of the Earth, but not when they are standing on a different part?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Zodium posted:

Of course. For example, if there are more people in an area than that area can feed, for whatever reason, then there is a surplus population, and we should move that surplus population (or facilitate/allow them to move autonomously) to somewhere with more resources, especially children.

Ethnic cleansing? I don't agree. We live in a world where resources can be moved to people. People should have the right not to be uprooted or displaced.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

Reposting this from another thread, European Enlightenment in action, folks. .

Polish anti-immigration protest. Evidently it says something like, "Islamic pigs, we are waiting for you and will cut your heads off."

Cant have those backwards people in Europe. no sireee.

It doesn't take much to get Europeans to march around with a pig's head on a staff, does it? Why don't they wear bear skins and pray to the sun while they're at it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Ligur posted:

Whose homes? With what money?

Your home (or at least your real estate values) and your money, from your pockets.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
It's funny when nationalists talk about how their tax dollars should only go to help citizens, as if that was a meaningful complaint in the face of a humanitarian crisis.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Can you rephrase that to make sense please.

Foreigners!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

SickZip posted:

The crisis of the middle east is largely the middle eastern muslim community itself. The situation in Iraq and Syria is a human created problem and a lot of the humans that bear some of the responsiblity want to move to Europe where every indication is that they'll just do their best to recreate it. Your importing the problem, not solving it. Until they've fixed their poo poo, providing a safety valve does nothing but keep their state of perpetual crisis going and pull a larger area into it.

Dick Cheney and David Addington want to move to Europe?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Dead Reckoning posted:

Well, if you're going to stake out a position that people who are suffering have a moral right to the resources of wealthy countries, and that wealthy countries have a complementary obligation to provide those resources, you have to be willing to discuss the limits of that right and the practical challenges involved (especially if you're going to include people merely suffering from a low standard of living) or you have to articulate an unlimited right and deal with the problems that brings. So far no one has been willing to do that other than SedanChair with is "full communism now" shtick that we all know isn't serious.

I'm perfectly serious. The only reason open borders policy is not considered "serious" is because of political opposition from bigots and nationalists. In actuality, restrictive border policies, despite being the law almost everywhere, are "unserious" because their justification amounts to little more than "GO HOME WE'RE FULL."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Which basic economic principle?

The basic principle of "GO HOME WE'RE FULL." Or in economic terms, "money is fixed and if more people come in, they'll take it all and spend it on tortillas and obscure, noisy religious festivals. Then that money will no longer exist."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Dead Reckoning posted:

So where does Europe's obligation to resettle people end?

Why would it end, as long as there are refugees?

quote:

Is it only for true refugees, or does it extend to economic migrants too? Only for those who reach Europe, or does it extend to everyone in a refugee camp?

All who benefit from the deliberate holding down of poor people have an obligation to sacrifice until their circumstances are equal. To hold yourself above others in more desperate circumstances than yourself and complain about barriers to making you equal is an evil.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

God drat, this has meaning to you doesn't it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Narciss posted:

That's from Conan the Barbarian you poseur.

It's a quote from Genghis Khan.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

What's the compromise?

Some children stay in Syria to get murdered or starve.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Starshark posted:

I'm not racist but these reffoes are totes going to radicalize and blow us all up if not rape all the white women (not racist).

Send them back into the very teeth of war, at least then they will use the proper explosives when bombing your nightclubs.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

tumblr.txt posted:

It sure sounds like they're leaving a dangerous place if they leave the wife and kids behind, and not at all like a bunch of economic migrants.

Why don't those economic migrants understand? Their station's been chosen for them. Why do they try to escape it? Prosperity's for us.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm Just Worried About The Economy

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

jonnypeh posted:

By that I meant putting them onto trucks in middle of the night to take to camps far away to die. That's why I asked.

But won't new those new blocks of housing then become new ghettos? They must be spread out among the local population so the secularism starts working.

"The secularism." You make it sound like mustard gas.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Can Islam accommodate secularism? And, if not, can you please travel in time back to Baghdad at its height and explain why it is a mirage created by the shifting sands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

That's not how dyslexia works.

Nice deflection, though.

Not everyone uses British English, aggressive weirdo.

• Locked thread