Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Rutters dead baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Not sure what they could really change about Pro Clubs. The gameplay will have changed, but outside of that? Maybe being able to "create" your virtual team mates, or buy players using coins from winning tournaments so you can have say messi on your side.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

They could take a stab at actually doing the stuff they said they were gonna do with the mode when they originally created it, for one.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-16/32335-fifa-pro-clubs-the-forgotten-mode, for reference.

Your link didnt work but I found the article

"“Longer term I see the time when you have managers, an economy system whereby you might be able to buy or sell real human players online and have contracts with clubs, where playing FIFA becomes an alternate reality to the real world of football. The day will come where there are virtual equivalents of David Beckham or Ronaldinho, from different parts of the world, who are expert FIFA gamers and clubs are clamouring to recruit them to represent their side, just like the real world. Ultimately the ambition for studio is to have the best 11 English FIFA football players at each position playing against the best 11 American, German, and Italian FIFA football players at each position to actually stage a virtual world cup where you have the very best strikers, midfielders and defenders from around the world playing FIFA against each other to earn the right to be the world's best FIFA football team.” David Rutter"

That sounds hyper retarded, what people want when they play clubs is to play with people they know. Also imagine logging in and finding that because I think you're a twat Ive sold you to Soulex FC and now you're doomed to only ever play with him because you cant get out of your virtual contract.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Apparently the FUT draft is on the demo, my bet is massively increased chances of superstar players to get people more hooked onto it

I think the way FUT draft is set is to give you great players every time anyway.

I think pretty much every game on the beta my team had at least one of Bale-Ronaldo-Neymar-Suarez-Messi.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

zooted heh posted:

cant wait for the rage in this thread when someone gets sent to mexciana boyz fc on a transfer cuz everyone is too passive aggressive to tell someone they suck at fifa

Tbf I tell people they are crap

Soulex posted:

Pretty much what it boils down to. He's holding on to poo poo years old. I tried to reconcile like three times, but he just wants to keep on hatin

idk what you want to reconcile about, I'd put you among the worst fifa players on the forum and wouldnt want you on my team, idk what we would "reconcile"

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

The draft thing is totally doing big stars to suck you in again, they'll all be poo poo 99% of the time when the actual game comes out, 4 wins in a row or not... That is my guess.

Nah they wont - the fact it costs 15,000 coins to enter normally, or you can "buy" draft coins with real money means it'll be a real moneymaker for EA

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

Ah, so to do a draft it costs 15k? The draft is only one round? I haven't looked that much, just played one game last night... it was fun enough but I may avoid it like I planned with UT this year anyway.

A draft is only 1 round for you yeah.

A standard draft is 4 games, but as soon as you lose one it ends. The rewards change depending on how far you get, but theyre supposed to be at least as good as what you pay to enter (which means crap when 2 gold packs would be the same).

One thing I dont know if its been talked about is you can also get loan player packs as rewards, I had a loan messi and got a loan player pack and it had messi in there, but you could combine them rather than having to dispose of one.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

There's some other posts there in the thread too.

Lmao hes the worst.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

but mates needs you in defense, we can't keep relying on stotty

I dont think Stottys getting it either.

I think Mates might just be me and you this year.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

zooted heh posted:

lol why the gently caress are thier two goon teams on the playstation.

Cause theres a EU team and a USA team

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Poster in germany whos spent a lot on Fifa?

You're fooling no one Soulex. Post under your normal account.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

I'm on pc, he's on pc, i'm a fifa god, he's a pack buying moron, yeah sure lets do it.

e: Not that he would accept a challenge, I'm sure.

e: I just looked him up on the stupid skill rating website, he might be the worst player in the thread.

lmao I was hoping someone would d this

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Mr.PayDay posted:

How about this: "Make the Payday pay" - FIFA16 FUT Goons Tourney
As the proven worst PC Fifa player on this planet I will challenge the best 3 goons on Origin/PC after, lets say 6 weeks after release.
How about early November (Oct is too much work/RL stuff and we might need to play on a weekend because of time zones?).
A further reason to wait some weeks: If I - against ALL odds - win games, I don't wanna face that "I only had 71 overall team rating, you fucker" stuff.

The 3 goons with the highest Division get the entry. If it's the same Division I think YOU could play a deciding entry game :) We'll think this over when it's the time.

We will play best of 3, good weather, random stadium and 12 minute matches (6 min per half is standard, right?).
Everyone brings his highest rated team,

The winner gets 3 * 2200 Fifa point codes via PM
2nd place gets 2* 2220 point codes
3rd one gets 2200 Point code

If all goons beat me 2-0 overall, the amount of goals against me decides the ranking.

This is a win-win-win:
1.) We prove Fifa FUT is not p2w
2.) I learn how to play this game
3.) You can beat the "reddit moron" (I am way longer registered at SA than reddit ffs but okay)
4.) I keep on spending money in this fifa point poo poo, but you beat me, you get 'em
5.) Your progress after the first weeks in FUT Divisions gives you an "incentive" and a chance of a way greater reward than the FUT Draft ;-)
6.) Out of nowhere this might be fun

I can even provide a small teamspeak3 server if needed.

Now flame on

Tom, Hegav?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hand Knit posted:

I got a report from this thread but I can't really tell what's going on.

You probably shouldn't pull some guy's posts from reddit, I guess. That seems like offsite, kinda helldumpy stuff that we want to avoid.

I dont know what was reported but he linked to his reddit thread himself and theres been no one stalking him.

The short version of what is going on is the guy posted to say he's spent $700 on virtual coins to open sticker packs of players, and everyone is making fun of how stupid he is. Then someone checked his online record and it turns out he's really bad at the game. Now he's melting down offering to play people.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

Like I said before, the FIFA 15 AI can mostly keep up pace with you.

No it cant. Ive got a career mode game where Ive got loads of pacy stars and can blitz an oppositions defence with a good touch around them

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
So your AI can keep pace with you comment was absolute bollocks then yeah? Standard T Fowl post really.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

No, it's what I am going on from playing the game demo and pro clubs with AI players.

What you left out in your post Taff was that you play on semi pro, I play the leg, so yes, you can easily outrun them.

You just said you dont play against the AI. And your reply was to someone talking about Doumbia on Ultimate team, not clubs.

I play my career mode on professional when I'm playing with a mate and World Class when I'm on my own. Legendary is boring to play against as its just too perfect. You can still outrun someone with a pacey striker tho.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I'm pretty sure that the only difference between the different AI difficulty levels is the 'gameplay sliders' being tilted in favor of the AI where in the lower difficulty levels it's tilted in favor of the player. The AI is exactly the same only they get massive stat boosts and have a lower chance to make errors. If you're playing offline you can adjust these sliders yourself to the point where semi-pro is as hard to beat as legendary and vice versa.

When we get bored of career mode I change the settings so all the shots are 100% accurate and all the goalies are 0% effective at saving shots and then we play a 1v1 seeing who can score most

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

First thoughts: I'm probably gonna get a refund again. Skip this garbage, our shitposting friends are right as always.

Seems you're scared of playing Mr PayDay, all talk and no trousers?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

yes, i find myself extremely intimidate by the man with the 24% win rate, since the only way he should be able to have a record that bad is if he's hustling us

Post your winrate

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Mr.PayDay posted:

I read that if you play offline Drafts, it seems that the AI difficulty does not affect the rewards? Anyone who can second this?

Thats not what the beta said. All your rewards should be a minimum as to what it costs for a draft token.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
As Fifa Champ you now run it smelly face and its your responsibility.

I wonder what our sides name will be - Mates? M8s? Mates FC?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Is Sassasin thinking of getting the PC version just to school Mr Payday, hell, he'll be missed at M8s but I'd love to see that match

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

We all love a good goalless draw.

Nah, I'm not getting it, but I was tempted for a second, like I am every year. Had a laugh at seeing all the deluxe/super deluxe editions and how many free UT packs they're offering with each one. Garbage mode for idiots.

No offence, Taff.

I'm not one of the big ultimate team players itt!

I'd love to see a Stotty vs Sassasin one on one

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I'm glad you got over it AAC and will NEVER play fifa again

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Ive seen enough of Yurdadsdik to know I'm not impressed, theres far better men to play in the hole.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

shortspecialbus posted:

Hey I hate to interrupt the whole ripping on people for spending their money in a different way that you would thing, but I don't do FUT and I have an amazon promotional code for FUT 15 weeks of gold packs. I have it on PS4, dunno if it makes a difference. Who wants it?

Obviously you should send it to your favourite poster in this thread, hell, I'm not going to tell you who

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I think I get that with my preorder anyway I didnt order the super retard 40 weeks one I ordered the deluxe

Send it to Andre Le Fuckface

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Theres 3 versions you can preorder over here, no packs, packs for 15 weeks plus some celebrations, or packs for like 40 weeks. If Andre Le Fuckface ordered the 1st one send him your code (possibly ftw?)

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I can feel tempation coming back to me... all I want right now is to open a pack, feel that rush. Someone talk me down from this ledge, Ive got a wedding to pay for. But maybe we could scrimp on the flowers and I could take a shot at getting a Messi

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
He cant, my sources say he didnt even play it.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

African AIDS cum posted:

Do you only want to read people praising the game?

Who are the posters praising the game? Name names AAC

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

African AIDS cum posted:

If this guy had his way, we'd all be. Luckily this is a free country and we can abuse Rutter.

I keep my abuse of Rutter to twitter.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Yeah it goes up in difficulty each round.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

I thought the demo was fine, different, but alright.. but I was playing a CPU. I didn't have the interception problem. The problem with this game is they all seem to pivot like boats, pass like they are in the MLS, and the defense closes down even faster so that piles on with the passing.

You have to setup passes more now, which takes time, so it kills those split second decision passes often which sucks. Just my very initial impressions.

Demo code is old code so its going to be different to the main game

Also since you said you're playing mainly Pro Clubs then the split second decision passes should take time. Their big thing for years has been trying to stop the really fast tempo of dead on passes

T Bowl posted:

This game is going to have a huge patch within a couple weeks, no doubt.

lol based on what?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

It always does? duh, Taff.

Many people aren't feeling it based on reviews, same thing as last year, and they patched within a couple weeks. Still was poo poo with the defending for months though.

There was no patch that changed the gameplay last year, you're talking bollocks again as per usual.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

there was taff, they changed sprint dribbling last year

When? I just went through and looked at all the patch notes before saying that and theres no mention of that, the only patch with anything gameplay related was one in november which made changes to the shooting and goalkeeping

What exactly needs to be patched Tfowl?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

What planet are you from, there was a massive patch last year that fixed a ton of poo poo, keepers, shooting, nerfed pace and through ball success, etc. I didn't even play the game at the time and I knew that.

e: And the incremental patches kept messsing with that stuff making it slightly better.

That was in november 2 months after the game was released, thats not an instant patch like T fowls saying

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
If you're looking for advice you're best waiting a few days for the Europeans to get it. I dont think an american has ever won a Fifa tournament on SA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

character over skill probably, taff is a monster who draws his power from the tears of others

Parmos is the american team you idiot, the Mates have never rejected anyone

• Locked thread