Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Please remember me in case anyone rage quits after the season. I’d really like to get into a dynasty league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Only if you promise to trade or at least respond to trade emails.

We only have 5 that trade or talk about it quite a bit to guage each other's interest.

That can be arranged. I try to whore myself out on trades at least once or twice each season.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I’m now stuck following this thread since I’m hoping a spot opens next year, but can you track punts on MFL?

I’ve always wanted to include punts in FF.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Bloody posted:

Is there still someone watching this thread looking for a team? I love the design of this league but am way too terrible to compete so I am considering bowing out

Spermy Smurf posted:

Alfalfa was it?

I’d be more than happy to take over.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Welcome aboard Alfalfa.

I honestly forgot the league was open so I could fix my poo poo.

Thanks

I’ll get paid in for at least 2018 tomorrow.

In the mean time, come get these contracts!!

Who wants a $59 Dez Bryant contract :lol:

Bloody your team wasn’t/isn’t that bad. I’ve taken over way worse orphans so thanks.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

I already gave him a team with zero thought about it.

I dont know who I booted cuz MFL on a phone blows but... everyone check your poo poo.

I got the correct team. Already figuring out the quickest way to set fire to it.

What rookie picks do I have/when is rookie draft?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Draft picks: from the main page, click the Draft Room tab. It'll show you all the picks you have for 2018 and 2019.
When is the draft: we haven't decided yet. Previously we've held it as late as possible; usually just before or after the last week of the preseason. However this year since we're moving the veteran free agent draft to after the rookie draft, we will probably need to hold the rookie draft slightly earlier. (The veteran draft will probably be a live auction draft, but it should be pretty fast - typically there's not more than a dozen or so veterans that people actually want.)

I'll start working on the draft schedule once everyone has paid dues, as that is a signal we have all 12 teams engaged for 2018 and can base the draft day/time on our collective schedules and time zones.

Appreciate it. Has the draft order not been created yet? It just says I have a pick in every round, but no specifics.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Can also charge a smaller amount for future year’s picks.

I.E. pay $5 to be able to trade 2020 picks.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Just emailed and paid.

Apparently your email isn’t leperfish@gmail.com which explains why I never got a reply or the money was claimed.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

God damnit I would have given a first round pick for Gronk at $53.

Grrrrr

Talk trade before dropping big names. Some of us have a lot of cap space!

We aren’t allowed to trade so easier just to drop and hope you can re-win. That is the only option if trying to clear space early.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

We open to trade?

Tried to send something and got a weird error message.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Open this poo poo up. I’m ready to spam everyone with horribly awesome trade offers.

I want the 1.04 you can’t have it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

1.03 OTB. Come get you some.

If it was the 1.04 it would have been locked up.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

This is the actual scoring from week 13, first down syndrome actually had 1545.94 but I had him with 1889.31 which was BALLs' score
I've given BALLS Titoon's score instead

concord, mclean, garbage, and ash ketchum are all correct, but with first down having 1545.94 he should be in the top four, bumping ME (Concordes) into the middle pack instead.

Right?

So I can fix this by swapping my team with first down's team and I don't have to re-roll? Or should I just do it all over

Do it all over including the lowest 4. Cmon 1.04 no whammies no whammies.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

This is tough because both me and spermy are affected. Although I traded away my first round pick so I'm a lot less affected.

The easiest thing to do is just swap me and him. But I'm also open to just re-rolling everything if that's the consensus. I don't feel like I'm in a position to make a ruling. Maybe Teemu Pokemon can decide, he's our commissioner who is mostly unaffected (STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE's pick is not in play and he only has picked up my fourth round pick, so that one pick could be slightly earlier or later but by the 4th round that's basically irrelevant).

Just swap them. It’s the most fair if he agrees. No need shaking the rest of the picks up if he and you are both cool with that.

Open up trades either way though. I got an itch I need to scratch.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

In the future if we draw for draft positions, I say it goes nba lottery style.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

man gotta get used to this late draft mindset.

Definitely will take some adjustment so whatever bonehead trades I make in the next few months please excuse I'm just going tag it as impatience and getting used to the schedule.

With that being said, send me some trade offers if you need to free up some space.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Its the only mindset to have. "Dont draft guys who blow their ACLs in camp at 1.03" is a great way to draft.

I'm not sure how other leagues do it, but I'm all about it.

In redraft you are 100% correct.

I’m dynasty that’s part of it. Not just thinking about this year but drafting based on short and long term value.

All my other dynasty leagues did rookie draft in May and are now doing FA auctions or waivers have already opened.

I’m fine either way. Way more info will be out by then so less homework for me. It’s just different :)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Have a couple offers out. When will the IR athletes be directed to move back on the roster to get accurate cap numbers?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Not sure who Balls of Fury and 1017 Brick Squad is but sent you both some trades last week. Maybe I’m still ahead of the timeline.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

therealVECNAmfers posted:

it says I have no outstanding trade offers?

If it's from me, it's because the person I offered was already traded.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

Looking to move Howard for high-end IDP starters and/or good cost controlled WR.

Also willing to move my TS eligible kids (trent taylor, mack hollins, breida, ekeler, henderson, chad williams), or Lee.

I’ll take Howard if interested.

Who is Team McLean? Got an offer out to you.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I'd prefer a slow draft as well if possible.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I’ve done a 3 month 96 team slow draft before.

It sucked so bad I bought Zauper in this year to co-manage my team with me.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

They both have their pros/cons.

Personal preference since both will happen this close to the season is to do rookie first.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

You're shooting yourself in the foot if you go into the FA draft with exactly $66 in cap space (for example). Then whoever has more space gets the players they want and there's nothing you can do about it.

That's the point and part of the gamble. Should have cut more guys earlier or evaluated the contracts better if you think you are going to need to get more talent back in FA.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

And that's fine if we want to do rookie first. I don't like rookie first, it doesn't make sense to me since the variable is always the FA draft. I dont like gambling after I've already blown my cap on rookies. I'd rather trade away my picks if I get Gronk for $60.

I'd rather get my rookies set then hunt for value in FA. Compared to over paying in FA and having to move a solid rookie pick for trash value because I can't get anything worthwhile back.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

1. I prefer rookie's first, but I really don't care

2. I prefer slow draft but I'm sure I can sweet talk my wife to ignore me for 2 hours one evening if absolutely needed.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Where can I find draft pick costs? Tried looking on SS but couldn’t find it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

It's a roster space question. Its not a "who is better" thing.

I would rather have free agent vets than a rookie round 4+.

There are great players in FA and I can likely get some of them for $1. If I can then I would trade my picks away.

I sure as hell wouldnt skip 1.10, I would much rather trade that pick away.

The offer is sitting in your inbox...

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Can we lock down logistics, order, type of draft, and schedule tonight by chance?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I’m CST.

Will look at dates when I get back to work and can check calendars.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Can't edit the document so here you go.

No:
8/8-10
8/17-19
8/20-24
8/31 - 9/5

Yes:
8/11 Evening
8/12 Afternoon
8/13-16 Evening
8/25 Evening
8/26 Afternoon/Evening
8/27-30 Evening

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Alright I've got you guys in there.

August 7th isn't on the table because Ash is gone till then, and September 7th is after the first regular season game. So I've got you down for 5pm+ on weeknights. I take it you're not available at all on the weekends?

Did you intend for the bolded dates to be contiguous?

Yes I was just breaking things up by week. Unfortunately I'm traveling for work all next week and the week of Aug 20th and that consists of stuff until 8-10pm at night. Then I have a few live drafts I have to attend on Saturdays so those are out.

If I'm the odd man out and there is a date that works for everyone else, let me know and I can probably swing it (except for the 18th for sure)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Rookie Fast Draft and FA Slow Auction sound best to me.

FA Auction 14 hour timer and timer resets anytime new bid is made.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Proxy bid gets rid of the back and forth.

I’ve never done a FA Auction that wasnt a proxy bid.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Here’s an idea.

Why not just do live rookie auction and then immediately afterwards do live FA auction.

Easier than trying to find 2 dates and all in all shouldn’t take more than 3 hours.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Taxi squads. Cant auto draft to them, so commish need to move them manually.

So how would FA auction then rookie work?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

K, so we need to do a slow rookie draft first. Fix your cap issues everyone.

FA agent draft live on August 30th at 8:30pm-ish EST?

We can kick off the rookie draft any drat time, it's going to be straightforward and if people set their draft lists it'll be done in like 2 weeks.

12hr timer, pause from 10pm EST till 6am EST. That work? If you don't respond at the end of 12hrs we give you a kicker.

Set your draft list and you wont ever have to log in, it'll just automatically pick for you.

Doing it slow means we can move people to taxi squads easily too. No real need for us to create 4 extra bench slots.

Even if we kick the draft off on Tuesday (7th) it should be completed by the 16th so we could probably do the FA draft on that date still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

Speaking of this... any interest in Ekeler, Hollins, Trent Taylor, or Chad Williams?

I probably wouldn't drop all of them, but a few of them are likely to not make it.

I'd be interested in Williams just for the heck of it