Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

Xeno Trunks outright states otherwise though. In fact, he's really, really angry at Time Kai for saying they're the same.

He goes on a gigantic rant about how he isn't GT Trunks and it's hilarious. Dude really hates his other timeline self.

Finally, a point on which I can feel empathy for Time Patrol Trunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kelp Plankton posted:

I hope they brought a Superman type dude to fight Goku

You just got my hopes up. Please, Toei.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ImpAtom posted:

Superman was able to punch dimensions so hard they broke ages ago!

:shrug: America Chavez does that in a way more interesting way, so it's kind of a poor indicator of Superman's worthiness.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lunatic Sledge posted:

My favorite character as a kid was Piccolo

He was a cool mysterious alien man with a drill laser, and a cape and big shoulder pads

He also filled the gaping void in my psyche where a father figure should have been :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rutibex posted:

I'm sure someone will die in this match, and I don't think it will be Goku. They need to have a shot of Zeno giggling with delight as someone is murdered in front of him to really sell this arc.

A 3 for 3 blow out for Universe 7 isn't going in instill any dread in me.

It's gonna be Krillin.

e: It's gonna be Krillin in the main tournament.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rodyle posted:

I do think that however they do it this is going to be 1. loving long as hell and 2. probably the last arc more or less? Mostly I base the latter on there kind of being no way to raise the stakes unless you go with the AND HERE'S ZEN-CHAN'S DAD thing

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Zen-chan is definitely not currently in his Final Form.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
:yikes:

So who's gonna be the one to kill Zen-chan? Logic says it's Gohan, who is the actual shonen protagonist with a Heart Of Justice, but understanding of DBZ says it's gonna be SSJGSSJ Vegito, who double-fuses with either Beerus or Hit.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sassassin posted:

Zeno threatens to delete Bulma.

Cut to Vegeta, Goku & the gang sitting atop the corpses of Zeno's guards, chowing down on Zeno meat. Beerus tries some and doesn't like it so they have to calm him down with a Pot Noodle.

We found it, the correct prediction.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

multijoe posted:

Goku literally had a 'his power level is maximum' scene last episode where he was framed in the villain's position in a beam struggle whilst a God of Destruction gave the 'Such power ... horrifying' spiel Krillin usually gives about Cell or whoever. Goku may not evil but he's definitely being portrayed as the antagonist this arc.

He was making hella Goku Black faces throughout the episode, too. I think they're trying to do like a deconstruction of Goku as the "protagonist" in light of how he's always actually putting his friends/planet in ludicrous danger just so he can get an adrenaline boner?

Anyway, I hope they actually capitalize on it instead of just teasing the concept. I wanna see Gohan have to save the multiverse by suplexing his dad off the side of the Void Arena, or something.

Uh, also I hope we get Xenoverse 2 DLC for all the weird multi-universe fighters, but I'm really not expecting them to do anything cool like an on-model Bergamo :(

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

tbp posted:

here is the general breakdown the way i see it:

guy who has saved his universe and multiple gods from sure destruction several times, and is so valued that he regularly is given preferential treament by the master of death: hey lets have a fun tournament in which to test our combat abilities

god above all who can't count: okay but also i'm going to destroy quintillions of lives for no particular reason, because despite my omnipotence, i just want less of life everywhere

bergamo: man it's truly the first guy that is the problem here. im part of the trio de dangers.

goons: well said bergamo.

He's a good dog, Bront :mad:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
17 and 18 are gonna do a Fusion Dance and just turn into a secret 4th Cell form.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Do you think Cell would have been able to win the Cell game if Gohan didn't go Super Saiyan 2 and Goku didn't give him a senzu?

Like could the Cell that was tired from fighting Goku have beaten Super Saiyan Gohan? If so could that even more tired version of Cell have beaten Vegeta? And then Trunks? And then Piccolo? And so on?

Probably? He's very difficult to actually kill, and the deciding moment was when SSJ2 Gohan hit him so hard that he barfed up Android 18.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The trickle of TFS content is not enough Mr. Perfect Cell for me. I need to see him get completely trounced by a rando from a different universe.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

:allears:

We're all having a cuddle puddle with Cell in this thread, but I'm pretty sure Beerus is the actual best DB character, followed by Good Dad Vegeta.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Calibanibal posted:

its gonna be extremely lit when piccolo absorbs dende and the other namekians and becomes a namekian god with miraculous healing powers, imho

"When 40,000 Namekians with pure hearts join their power, Super Namek God will appear"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Bardock turlas and black goku all walk into a bar

Grandma Goku doing that thing where you wear 4 different costumes to trick-or-treat at the same house 4 times.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I don't know why everything thinks Goku is evil instead of just a super naive and turbo-retarded guy who just really likes fightin'

He keeps breaking out the Goku Black smirk/tone of voice. They're definitely building up to, or at least teasing, a massive heel turn from Goku, who doesn't care of some universes die so he can get an adrenaline boner.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

dr.acula posted:

Well what the hell are they doing if they aren't preparing for situations like this. They also seemed to be pretty close to their gods in terms of knowing them pretty well.

They might have just been murdered by Black on the spot? Like, ultimately Black lost due to a technicality/interference from Zeno.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Manatee Cannon posted:

would you watch other kais on godtube? I wouldn't

I don't know, Universe 9 seems like he probably has a pretty good podcast, at least.

Universe 7's godtube channel is just 20,000 hours of vaporwave from 3 dozen planets.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sassassin posted:

I hope they explain that Frieza and Buus efforts actually raised the number significantly.

High Priest, gesturing to elaborate diagram on whiteboard: And so, as you can see, almost 70% of the people killed by Frieza deserved to die, along with their whole planet.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If Toei wants to really drive the nerds insane, they'll casually drop a group from another universe that's just straight-up the crew from GT: kid Goku, mustache Vegeta, tween Pan, etc.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
In fairness, I'm under the impression that the Kaioshin doesn't really create planets and life, as much as he actually just observes and catalogs it, and then assigns agents to shepherd the people there as Kami and etc.

I think Shin might just be really bad at his job? Like he spent a month just lookin at planets after the Buu Saga ended, and then didn't get back to work after Beerus woke up?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

OB_Juan posted:

I kinda like the idea that every planet is supposed to have a Kami equivalent, but most don't, because Shin doesn't know he needs to, or doesn't know how to do it.

Based on statements made by Frieza in Resurrection F (and RF Saga), it seems to be the case that each planet has its own Hell, and he was stuck in Earth's goof-rear end Hell because he died there. It stands to reason that each planet is supposed to have its own attendant otherworld bureaucracy and Kami/Guardian, as well.

Though, that really brings up more questions of what happens to you if you die in space/your planet gets blown the gently caress up. Do you just go straight to the nearest King Kai?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

seiferguy posted:

If you've watched Dragon Ball from the beginning, it would make sense that Krillin would be in the tournament, since he's always been Goku's best bud.

Still, I like how Gohan doesn't trust his dad because no one has seen Krillin get owned more than Gohan.

I don't know if DBZA will make it into the Buu Saga, but man I really want to hear their version of Teen Gohan have serious opinions about things.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ImpAtom posted:

So let's see. Goku, Gohan, Goten, Bardock, Goku Black, Turles, Kid Goku, GT Kid Goku, Ginyu in Goku's Body and Vegeta?

Take Vegeta off the list and put Cell on there. If Gohan and Goten go on the list, so does Cell, because I'm pretty sure the paternity test would come up positive.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
It would make the most sense if Goku just gets merc'd in the first 10 seconds and Gohan has to pick up the slack as the protagonist again, but I don't really see that happening.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
SUIT PICCOLO BEST PICCOLO OH drat

I'm so happy that this is the promo art we got. Suit 18 is very good, also.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I feel like this is all gonna really blow up in Goku's face if he doesn't start telling people the truth about the universe being at risk. I bet 18's gonna interrogate it out of Whis, who gives zero fucks.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rhonne posted:

Fit Buu is going to get his rear end kicked for most of the fight until he realizes that his true strength came from his fat all along and balloon up.

Yeah I'm waiting for the reveal when it's Serious Time that Buu's just sucking it in the whole time.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, they genuine seem to be setting these fights up as "The strongest isn't going to win every time" which is pretty exciting with the series lineup. Master Roshi vs, I donno, Hit doesn't mean Roshi's gonna lose.

Roshi has a lot of weird mystical powers that we've only seen mostly hints of, too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Hit stops time and Roshi's just in there like, "big whoop, I can do it too"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

DrPaper posted:

They're a bunny, not a cat

Ears drawn different, no visible cat tail, bunny teeth

That could just be like, a regional/ethnic difference, maybe? Or a result of alternate universe stuff. Like, there's more similarities than there are differences.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rutibex posted:

Girl Broly is Bra, Vegita is going to steal Whis staff and take it into the room of spirit and time. This way he can create double time compression and train Bra 20 years in one hour.

This is my new favorite theory. Do the thing that would piss Bulma off the most, Vegeta :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Aurora posted:

So you think going around rampantly spoiling people just because you're mad at a company isn't being a pissbaby?

I guess I'm open to ideas about other things to do about it :v:

I suppose you're on Sega's board of directors and therefore have a shred of a chance in hell that they'll listen to a single word you say?

And before you say "vote with your wallet", if we considered "actually *don't* play the most anticipated RPG of this generation" to be an option, then that's what would be happening. As it is, mass-abandoning Persona as a franchise would really be more of a self-own, because it's not like Atlus doesn't have other things to do with their time.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Nessus posted:

I thought a lot of the reason for this with P5 is that the Persona games are pretty much living or dying on their story and don't have a lot of "side material" or variation between playthroughs, so if you see someone 100% the playthrough, you've pretty much got the entire experience, save a few girlfriend-choice things and so forth.

It's the wrong argument, though. Like, the audience that's going to watch the stream/LP and also NOT buy their own copy of the game is like 90% people who weren't going to buy the game anyway. Atlus, or probably Sega technically, is mostly punishing actual enthusiasts, which would be the streamers themselves and the die-hards who want to see how other people are reacting to the game.

Some Japanese exec is on the phone right now, frantically trying to figure out how to stop 2 roommates from sharing a copy of the game.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sassassin posted:

Before medicine - Heroic Goku fights for his friends and family

After medicine - Gives Cell a senzu bean so he can give Gohan a real challenge.

Is this some kind of antivax thing

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
It's gonna be amazing if they do a time skip and we get to see Vegeta struggling with the weird emotions of seeing his son completely assume the physical, if not mental, form of Future Trunks, having pretty much not completely accepted said future son until they were at the end of the universe together.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

projecthalaxy posted:

Please be kind to trunks's khaki shorts and ill fitting jacket. They are trying their best.

The jacket fits fine. It's just, the shorts are pulled up very high. They may actually be pants.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm so glad Beerus fearing Bulma is canon. Dragon Ball Super is good, actually.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sassassin posted:

If you can wish back a building or some underwear you can wish back an android

Yeah, but not in the same wish because he's not a NINGEN like the rest of them.

Anyway, Goku can't even be arsed to wish back King Kai after like 10 years or whatever the timeline is. He's definitely not gonna wish back the robot who likes birds and wants to murder him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rand Brittain posted:

At some level Vegeta probably knows that he can't be trusted with that kind of technique because eventually he will kill himself with it.

Vegeta's last words, before accidentally detonating himself with enough force to shatter the planet:
"I'M THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR, AND PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS! KAIOKEN TIMES A MILLION"

• Locked thread