Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Funniest Team Four Star's been for a while. I was laughing or grinning the whole way through.

Everything about Goku getting punched in the dick had me in stitches - especially Vegeta's lack of sympathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Monaghan posted:

The dick punch scene was every bit as amazing as I'd thought it be :allears:.

Gero identifying Goku's Structural Weakness was an underrated bit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So, is OnePunchMan's gimmick like a magic thing, where he beats anything with one punch because that's just the way the universe works, or is he just supposed to be such a badass that he's never needed more than one punch, and it's still theoretically possible for him to have to punch someone twice if he meets someone tough enough?

This is important.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It's the latter. The joke is that he is hilariously absurdly ridiculously strong but it never matters because nothing can challenge him and his origin story is "pushups, situps and plenty of juice."

Rad. I keep hearing people talk about that show, should probably get into it one of these days.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I never saw anyone like this when I was around!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Comeon android Yamcha.

And Old man Krillin.

gently caress it, just all the cool DBM characters.

Don't forget Kaioken Videl.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Really, at this point Gohan would be just fine if his deadbeat dad didn't keep picking fights with the entirety of the tiny population of individuals stronger than Gohan and getting Gohan dragged into the fight. :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Was watching an episode breakdown over on Team Four Star.

Jesus loving Christ this abridged series started 7 years ago.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In It For The Tank posted:

They don't count GT but they (presumably, it's the only way I can get to 24) count the four DB movies? Surprising, cause they're way worse than the GT Special.

Also, if Dead Zone and World's Strongest don't get the respect they deserve (Top 10 bare minimum, should be Top 5), I'll be so mad I'll go Super Saiyan.

I'm not a hundred percent sure about Dead Zone, but they really seem to like World's Strongest.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In unrelated news, DBM appears to be gearing up to give us Mystic Raditz, and I kind of want this more than I've ever wanted anything in Dragon Ball.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I bet Slug comes tomorrow.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So what was that stream of angry japanese Lanipator was grumbling in today's DBcember?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

First off, that was Kaiser Neko. Second, he was saying he didn't like the ending song and preferred a different song.

First, I'm a dummy, and second, oh.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

y'all were right, xenoverse is cool

but man, that trunks sound clip where he says 'hey' is so amazingly bad. it's like it's being played through a gba or something

'Guys...'

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Has Team Four Star said precisely when the next episode is coming out? The graphic has been at 99 percent for a few days now, so I assume that it's imminent.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Merry Fistmas.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This episode was kind of cute for one featuring multiple huge fuckups and what amounts to a character death. :unsmith:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So, for lack of a better place to talk Team Four Star Miscelleny, I decided to binge watch FF7 abridged while working from home today. It's...alright, got room to grow. I'm mostly struck by the fact that I can't decide how I feel about the fact that they're playing Tifa as a slut.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baal posted:

Sounds pretty lovely, I also I listened to Aerith's voice and I was just done after that

See, that's my first reaction, but...she's not, like, made fun of or openly belittled or anything. She's just extremely dtf, and the jokes are more written around her bluntness and agressiveness than anything else. I don't think they're slutshaming?

I have complicated feelings about this abridged series on the internet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

She was planning to beat the information out of the Don.

See, she said "No, Cloud, I was going to gently caress him" or something like that in a tone that made it hard to tell how sarcastic she was being, particularly since she followed it up with something like "He'll say anything once his pants are down and my hands are around his -" and then the episode moved on pretty fast, and then later she's clearly open to the idea of being made to 'breed' with Cloud. Like I said, some of the jokes could be read as "Ha! Tifa likes sex/the idea of sex!"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like the Final Flash scene because it's one of the fairly few Jobbing scenes that manages to make the character doing the jobbing feel powerful and the villain's triumph feel meaningful for at least a little bit. The Final Flash gets more buildup than almost any other attack in the entire franchise, and the follow-through looks and feels really good, and having Cell himself briefly lose his composure at the last second really helps lend it some legitimacy.

I mean, it doesn't last for long because any savvy viewer knows that there's no way in hell Vegeta's winning this thing, and it should be obvious the instant they show Cell missing an arm what's going to happen, but as jobbing scenes go, they really make you believe for a second there.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder if I should feel ashamed for taking a second to remember that Goku repeatedly punching Jeice in the face while Jeice keeps trying to finish an angry sentence is a DBZA gag and not actually canon.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Twiddy posted:

"Sorry you won your case in a court of law, but our machines still took you down because they're dumb. No hard feelings, right?"

*I don't actually remember if the case was won in a court of law or if they and youtube came to an understanding, but it kind of amounts to the same thing when pointing out how trash the automated feature is.

I don't know that this applies to Team Four Star's situation, but honestly considering that I'm pretty sure the Super Hexagon guy or some semi-prominent Indie game dev got a copyright strike on a video he made on his own drat game with his own drat music, we've honestly seen worse.

visceril posted:

IIRC they mentioned in one of their videos that either him or Sonny (the guy who does Krillin) perceives the Abridged series as an insult to their performance.

Which honestly seems really weird to me, since I don't know how you watch the show for half an hour without realizing just how much these guys loving adore DBZ.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BattleCattle posted:

Nothing is real, it was all a trick, Hercule was right.

I would kind of love for the big reveal of DBS to be that the entire canon, from start to finish, was, in fact, a work.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BattleCattle posted:

Namek was a set. It's why it all looked the same.

What does this make GT?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Videl should go Super Human God Super Human.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

zelah posted:

What's gonna be past Super Saiyan Blue? SS Yellow? SS Black?

Probably not yellow...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Because it was grape flavooor

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Bulma tried to murder Goku the moment she met him.

IIRC, doesn't 'tried' also mean 'actually shot Goku in the loving face for the crime of being a strange child out in the wilderness?'

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dias posted:

I think it's easier to list people that DIDN'T try to kill Goku at some moment in their lives.

I'm pretty sure his wife and son only ever tired to beat him up... who else?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

master roshi never did anything bad to goku, and in fact gives him a cloud when they first meet

Beat him up in the World Tournament, and I seem to recall him considering killing Goku when Goku had gone Oozaru.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rutibex posted:

I don't think Frieza has a "race" per se, I think a few times I have heard him referred to as a mutant (Or, at least King Cold is the mutant). He must be unique, everyone in the universe knows about Frieza, but no one talks about his home planet. His strength can't come from his race, a whole planet of Friezas would be noticed.

He is also immortal, in the sense that he doesn't age, so there is no telling how old he is or where he came from.

I like how we're starting to make Freeza sound more like Cthuluhu

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I was told that One Punch Man saved anime

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is what makes it a good twist. It wasn't easily predicted. I also do not give a gently caress about his race because why should i?

A twist isn't automatically good just because you didn't see it coming though

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

"This lady can keep up with me in a fight. Of course I want to spend the rest of my life with her!" seems like pretty Goku logic.

That would explain why he spent so much of DBZ onwards being either dead or a million miles away from her...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gruckles posted:

Gero would've been invincible if he covered the entire surface of his body with energy absorbers instead of just the palms of his hands.

Couldn't he still be punched to death?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That bargain sale quip made me go back and rewatch the bit where Vegeta first sees baby trunks go super saiyan and shortly afterwards decks him right in the face.

I still love Vegeta's expression after he realizes that he just punched his 10 year old in the nose with enough force to flatten a city block.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

you mean two of.

One and a half. Vegeta was only tangentially responsible for Chaotzu's second death, thank you kindly.

Really, considering Chaotzu blew HIMSELF up before even taking a punch, even that's a stretch when you think about it! :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh DBM. Never change.

I really like that Super Cold design. Wonder how strong they'll let him get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

DBM are better at this than heroes.
(the specials are complete piles tho)

The Gast one was alright. Feel like there was one or two more I got a kick out of as well.

• Locked thread