Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So I stopped watching Super after the third or so episode and only watched the latest one when I heard Goku fights Winnie the Pooh, so what I wanna know is, when did Goku become friends with the king of martians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Good PR Frieza is actually better than just good Frieza.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

so i heard that Arale will be in Super, is this true

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

arale shows up

i always believed

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Tae posted:

Everytime people bring up hercules strength for db, they forget how mamy gimmicks went on those tournaments. Like most of the long range stuff like energy attacks, speed, and psychic stuff would knock him out of the ring ala chi chi.

could Mister Satan beat the combat stripper from the 21st tournament

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can't believe Goku skipped out on his final, decisive battle with Piccolo.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad you can tell Black Goku is a villain in the opening because he does that stand upright and casually throw energy balms from one of your palms thing that only villains ever do

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

if power levels are measured by relevance then bulma is the strongest human

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

you know who else got their secret inner power unleashed

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

twice even

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the real lesson of Dragon Ball is that true strength comes from believing in yourself and working out, and not from having old men touch you

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i bet Tien learned how to read and write so he can write something incredibly cool and bad-rear end on his shirt just like his childhood hero, Tao Pai Pai

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sometimes i miss the pre-flight days of Dragon Ball when people had to come up with their own dumb methods of transportation, such as throwing a pillar super fast, then jumping on it mid-flight.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i hope nobody actually tells Kid Trunks that that's his apocalyptic future version for the entire arc

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Augus posted:

The manga has nothing to do with what they do in the anime.

What are the creative processes behind the anime and manga, anyway? Did they both get the same general outlines for the plot but told to hash out the details themselves and that's why they diverge like that or something?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i love that cataclysmic battles happen so often in Bulma's backyard she finally made a super saiyan containment field

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Lupus Rufus posted:

Dragonball Super is so good. It's just so good. I fuckin knew she was gonna pull out Cell's time machine when she said she needed to find "it". Bulma continues to be the best character. Great episode. Great life.

Bulma remains the strongest and I am glad of it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

It'd be pretty disappointing for Black to have all this build up and then not turn out to actually be a thing

i hope this will turn out to be the case, because it would be funny

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

goku already fought a mummy tho

wasn't that Yamcha who fought a mummy?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Petiso posted:

Yes, then lost, figures.

yeah i should have remembered Yamcha jobbing instead

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I forgot it, actually.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

pik_d posted:

I think they'd have eventually given him a senzu bean

they'll get around to it after wishing King Kai back

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad Super makes lower forms useful by just having Goku use whatever form makes him even with his opponent for maximum fightmanning

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Goku will punch him and then invite him over to his place and when he sees Goku's inter-species circle of friends and family he realises wow actually mortals are cool and becomes a friend of Goku

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I know that won't happen but it would be hilarious to me if Goku befriended an evil Goku.

Goku is friends with the literal embodiment of destruction

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Goku's strongest muscle, is his heart.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

On the other hand, with Xenoverse 2 right around the corner and most players likely moving on to that one it might be smarter to just wait it out until it comes out.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad krllin beat the poor hygiene kungfu by not having a nose

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

it will be Pan and she will be trained by the most powerful being in existence growing up

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It feels really poppy and doesn't match the character voices to me. The other translator they had do vol 3 did a lot of Z and her stuff reads much better overall. Though she's probably responsible for Boo the Djinn and Vegerot so ehhh

controversial opinion: Vegerot is better than Vegetto or his million other spellings because it gets the Vegeta/Kakarott combination across better to non-Japanese readers.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i pronounced it with two hard G's but then Vegeta's name in the German dub was pronounced with a hard G also

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad both anime and manga make sure we understand that Bulma is the most powerful

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay, hold up, Trunks is just straight up being stronger than SSJ3 Goku, what. I mean, I like that a Saiyan can surpass SSJ3 with masterful use of SSJ2 but, like, that would mean having no issues whatsoever against Dabura and Babidi and being capable of manhandling Buu, why would the Kaioshin die in this scenario? and that's before considering that BoG outright states that Goku is just extra buff for having touched SSG.

Goku asking Beerus to lend a hand also makes a ton of noise to me.

powerlevels

Eopia posted:

I'm bothered by them translating Korin as Karin and continuing the mistake of translating Mortals as Humans despite having enough context from the anime by now to fix that.

They got enough context in the chapter itself when Trunks talks about "humans on other planets".

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Friends of Goku

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Akumos posted:

How are they not just destroying everything around them(the planet) at this point?

Goku's a martial arts master so he can use his destructive power with pinpoint accuracy and Black Goku's just copying Goku at this point.

Plus neither of them wants the planet blown up so why use planet-busting moves.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I think my biggest compliment towards Super is that it is totally insane that we got what was essentially a five episode character study of Future Trunks with almost no fighting and it was really good

Trunks imagining the kinda family life he'll never have and tearing up was surprisingly emotional for a cartoon punchmans show for babies.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Squallege posted:

Maybe Zamasu went through time to observe Goku with like, a blank slate dummy or something and instead of understanding that Goku's an alright guy he doubled down on the hate and that hate turned the dummy or whatever into a Goku

There's still the part where Black Goku clutched his chest in pain so I figure Zamasu just used his god of creation powers to revive heart disease Goku by pouring his own god ki into him, hence why Black Goku is similar but separate from Zamasu.

Is it ever mentioned if Kaioshins can revive people? It feels like a thing gods of creation would be able to do.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Bacontotem posted:

I watched a Twitch Channel get banned live for streaming this week's episode. Don't stream DB Super as Overwatch apparently.

a hard-learned lesson but a worthy sacrifice

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Vegeta being a total sap with baby Bra and melting like Gohan does around Pan when no-one is around to see it would be an amazing episode, make it happen Super.

Vegeta projecting the tough badman facade to his pals and pretending he doesn't care about Bra but when no one is looking he does silly faces to his baby daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

can't believe Goku will pilot Xenogears, cannonically

• Locked thread