Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Note that in all that, Peyton was 26/45 for 256 yards. And 75 of that came on the last drive (where he looked at least something like his old self). Peyton looked like late career Pennington for a lot of that game, and should've had at least another pair of ints.

If this is the best/healthiest he's going to be this year, they're in a lot of trouble. Luckily for them, they've got two NFC north games followed by road games against the Raiders and Browns before the schedule gets really ugly.

As much as you probably enjoy watching this, deep down you know your turn is coming too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Raku posted:

Lmao if you think the system was the problem after watching Peyton make a billion terrible, flaccid throws

A hurry up will theoretically tire the defense out faster and let Peyton figure things out on the fly which is a good way to mitigate his weak arm until he literally falls apart about week 7 or 8.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Derek Anderson based on last year and preseason this year would probably start in Houston and Washington.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Other than Kony Ealy being bad on the Texans final drive (and Ted Ginn Ginning it up for a play) there wasn't too much to complain about in the Panthers game today. No Kuechly and no Star, and they've started the year 2-0 :slick:

Defensive line was all over cam all day, hitting his arms, changing his motion, tipping passed etc

They just honest to god need one real wide receiver but of course that's not going to happen.

Also they were picking on aj Klein all game. If luke was in there that game is completely different

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

You might want to check their opponents because:

Saints
Buccs

Seahawks
Eagles
Colts
Packers
Titans
Redskins
Cowboys
Saints
Falcons
Giants

Falcons
Buccs

Bolded is what I see as games the team should win based on their performances v their opponents performances. Panthers wouldn't deserve the record, but what you think Winston or the shell of New Orleans that trotted out the last two weeks are that good?
This is pretty much how I feel. The Panthers are good enough to win a home playoff game, but they just can't score enough points to beat the Packers. I actually think they can match up with them on defense as best as you can expect, but there's just not enough talent in their WR to pull it off.

the Panthers defense is actually really loving good, and they still don't have Star, who probably won't return until week 6, which is fine. Shaq Thompson was all over the place yesterday and he hits hard. He plays just like Thomas Davis did when he was a rookie.

Speaking of TD58, he had one of the best games I've ever seen him play yesterday. Just destroying people when he hit them.

Also Blindsite JJ Watt had a monster game yesterday. It wasn't reflected in the stats necessarily, but he was harassing Newton all day. That houston defensive line is something else.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That Works posted:

JFC I'd have guessed you were 17 or something.

Carolina could win 11 games but I still think that bad as we are we can put together a shootout for one game and potentially split games. Especially if we shake up the staff soon. Who knows now though.

The problem with NO is there's just not a lot of talent on defense, and the offense isn't capable of making up for it anymore. That's hard to scheme around.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

guys cam got hit while diving. He didn't just decide to johnny rico that poo poo into the end zone.

Also like I've said Cam was getting hit as he threw all day yesterday. Additionally, he was clearly not on the same page of a lot of his receivers, which is understandable considering who they are.

the worst yesterday was a 3rd and manageable late in the 2nd quarter in their own territory, when instead of just running out the clock they took a shot deep. It was a perfect play and Cam threw a perfect ball, except ted ginn didn't seem to think he'd be targeted on the play and lolly gagged his route.

who are the big free agent WRs next year because if the Panthers don't sign one, or draft a first rounder, I'm going to make a lot of angry posts on the internet about it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

indigi posted:

A+ reference

Agree. Cam obviously isn't in the same league as Rodgers and Brady, but the man really has nobody to help him out. Give him a Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, or Julio Jones and he'd light the league on fire.

He has one. He got hurt :smith:

Also I feel it is my job to inform you the prime minister of britain had sex with a dead pig and you need to follow for A.) future redskins references and B.) the hashtags #snoutrage

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Michael Oher and co shut down JJ Watt for the most part.

quote:

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview
JJ Watt’s lowest @PFF ratings since start of ’12:

1) -0.6 vs STL, Wk 6 ’13
2) -0.2 vs OAK, Wk 2 ’14
3) 0.3 vs CAR, Wk 2 ‘15

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blotto Skorzany posted:

What has the Falcon's defense looked like over the first couple of weeks?

I haven't yet watched the Giants game.

They looked like world beaters in the first half against Philly, then looked like they couldn't stop a nose bleed until Chip went for a FG and Jordan Matthews dropped the ball.

they're improved over last year. The scheme is better and Trufant is turning into a legit player. Vic might turn into something big but right now he's trying to beat tackles around the end every single play and it isn't working very well.

Overall it's still a talent weak group. Dimitroff really left that cupboard bare. However, playing in the NFC South will make them look better than they are.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jesus Christ a team starting jimmy Clausen is not beating the loving Seahawks what the hell are you all on

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jimmy Clausen claimed he was dating a twitter bot and argued with me about it and I posted about it here and he blocked me once I proved him wrong and it was really funny at the time.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Petite Dinklage posted:

You can't bust that out without some pictures

maybe someone saved that but as far as i know that's been lost to the winds of time.

actually if you google twitter fizfashizzle clausen you can find lots of them

quote:

Brad
‏@FizFashizzle
@JimmyClausen lol that picture is 4 months old. http://plixi.com/p/45729963

owned clausen owned like a DB jumping your 6 second delivery.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 23, 2015

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Reminder that at one point Clausen was considered to be a potential "perfect" Quarterback

Reminder that I posted "Please not clausen" moments before the draft pick was announced :suicide:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jimmy Clausen hosed a Dead Pig

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not only should he not be in the nfl, but his family should be chemically castrated so they can't produce anymore d tier QB talent that somehow start at Tennessee.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Do they play the Redskins this year?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's way better that ended sooner rather than later.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trai Turner is Really Good At Football and passes the eyeball and pff tests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

Wasn't he hot garbage as a rookie? I feel like I remembered people complaining about him a lot.

Nah he's been good since the beginning. Maybe you're thinking of Silatolu.

• Locked thread