Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Had to order some stuff off Amazon and wanted to get over $35 for the free shipping, so I decided to get this Law figurine since it was a pretty good price and I actually like the design:

http://www.amazon.com/Banpresto-Sculture-Trafalgar-Champions-Figure/dp/B00LWUZ9VM/

Certainly better than getting gouged for it at an anime con or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

sharktamer posted:

He could push powers then.

If this was actually a thing, I wouldn't be surprised if this was how Vegapunk managed to make so many breakthroughs on Devil Fruit research. What better way to study a fruit's powers than being able to isolate and capture the very essence of one?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Bisse posted:

or watching some string guy never die and make word puns for attacks that don't even make any sense (somebody tell me how Athlete Thread works please).

All of Doflamingo's attack names (minus a couple like the Birdcage) have "ito" in them which is the Japanese word for "string"! :eng101:

Athlete Thread is just him kicking with strings on his foot so it adds cutting action to his kicks. Why it was named that, I'm guessing it's because "athlete's foot" is an English term and that's it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I don't know why I didn't predict that Zou would be somehow related to elephants. It's so obvious now, especially when I realize that Funkfreed's fruit is the "Zou Zou no Mi".

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'm down with the clown, man. He's a gas.

:rimshot:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

I think we know Buggy well enough at this point to know which it is

Whatever's the flashiest.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Millions posted:

Didn't the anime completely ruin Hody's part in the cycle of human-fishman hatred by changing his "I have no logical reason to hate humans" motivation to "some humans were pricks to me as a kid"?

Yeah, more or less. He just grew up in blind racism.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

http://www.omocat-blog.com/post/73682519068/large-one-piece-prints-are-now-available-medium

This is a very cool print set and I would love to get nine matching frames and hang these up in my home office. Sadly, the artist isn't selling them on their store anymore and it looks like they only attend a couple west coast cons. :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My opinion is that Law is a good and cool character. Also,

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

LightReaper posted:

Loves food, was hunted but specifically told to keep alive, yeah I could see this

Now I want to see this happen because I want to know how Sanji feels about an attractive lady that crams junk food down her throat almost non-stop.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

MajorGravy posted:

Now this, I'd gladly have as a poster.

Was this done by the same artist that did the Mad Max Oda-style art? Because they can go ahead and keep doing these, they're great. :allears:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy poo poo, great chapter. Excellent spot for a break, too.

Also, :lol: at Momonosuke glancing down at Nami's chest behind the speech balloon

Edit:

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Not chapter related, but...

:laffo:

I appreciate how Law-Joy is not really doing anything.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 10, 2016

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

what are the official english names for the dog and cat guy

Garfield and Odie

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Krampus Grewcock posted:

The blueprints were actually just a Luffy style drawing of a lion/flower.

Then he mixed up the kitchen and the armory. The cola was meant for the fridge! :downs:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Asimo posted:

Between One Piece, My Hero Academia, and Onepunch Man there's basically no reason not to just get a Jump subscription. It's like what, $15 a year? All you have to do is wait a few days and you get professional translation that don't have lovely scans and cleanup jobs.

Also Toriko. Toriko is pretty drat crazy right now.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Call me crazy, but...

:stare:

GOD loving drat IT ODA

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Teaching in Wano would be an excellent end to Robins story when One Piece concludes

Was just thinking this. If the crew splits up after the end of the story, Robin teaching Momo how to read poneglyphs would be nice. :unsmith:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Touché; but no, not upset, just looking forward to seeing that specific part animated. I just don't give a poo poo about the anime anymore otherwise.

Same. I only check out the major scenes from the anime now. Gear Fourth's debut was amazing despite things like the Culverin padding.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I just wish Toei would make a One Piece Kai.

Give it another decade or two.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Luffy seems to be inheriting Roger's will just like Sabo inherited Ace's will.

Roger couldn't do anything with what he learned at Raftel, so he threw his dreams to the next generation in the hopes that someone would fulfill them.

The implications of "inherited will" have yet to be fully explained and probably aren't as boring an adventure as reincarnation or time travel or Blackbeard fetuses.

That's how I feel about it, anyway.

Julias posted:

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Dunked On!

There's an emote for that. :dunkedon:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

This is sort a dark thought, but how would Luffy have reacted in the aftermath of the Marineford War if all of his crew members had died? The main thing that saved Luffy from falling into a pit of despair and loathing after Ace died was Jimbei reminding Luffy not what he lost but what he still had (ie his nakama). Would Luffy had actually given up on becoming the Pirate King?

A big theme of the New World is how great pirates like Crocodile and (arguably) Moria were totally devastated and broken by the world that the Yonkou dominate, never to return to their youthful idealism. I think Luffy's biggest strength and weakness is how much he has invested himself emotionally in those closest to him, and the events of Kuma/Shabondy, Impel Down, and Marineford clearly showed that.

Thoughts?

He probably would have become just like them, disillusioned and bitter with broken dreams.

Likely the only chance he'd have to bounce back would be Sabo.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Gyges posted:

Luffy crashes the wedding, but is offered free food so he refuses to fight Big Mom. Instead he proposes an alliance, but no one is there to warn Big Mom of what that actually means.

Far away Law awakens in a start, yelling "Strawhat!" Though he is unsure exactly why.

Luffy ends up bringing back a ton of food from the wedding, and gives Law some sandwiches. But he forgot that Law hates bread!!!

Studio audience laughter, fade to black.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Only One Piece can make several weeks of plot dumping and people talking to each other an amazing ride.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Probably best to just stick with One Pace, or wait 10+ years for One Piece Kai to exist.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

that name for the arc alone gets me hype beyond belief

Same :getin:

These next few years are going to be one wild ride.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kild posted:

thats who he's marrying actually

With Ivankov being a character, it's easily to explain so many plot points with "and then they swapped genders!"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Toei announces a new mega filler arc where, after setting sail from Dressrosa, the Barto Club and the Strawhats fall into a transdimensional whirlpool and they have to escape from Davy Jones' locker in a series of wild and wacky escapades.

Shoren posted:

It's a true Davy Back Fight wherein Luffy and Bart face off against Davy Jones for the souls of their crews in dangerous games like Scrabble and Ultimate Frisbee.

This would be a welcome change from how it's been lately.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Here's an edit someone made of the King Kong Gun scene in the anime to be closer to the manga version/more concise:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=nUtmy_a6RTw

Also quoting this because it's actually good. Everyone should watch this instead of the full episode.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Chapter in a nutshell: :fuckoff: :owned:

I want that cover page as a poster right now holy poo poo

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

I will wait until it finishes before making declarations on its quality

I will not. Zou is :krad:.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

So official translations are out online, no missing pieces from the magical climatact, usopp was merely lost a little on "make it a magic wand." But what nami has is possibly her final weapon.

Okay, that makes more sense. But yeah, I'd be surprised if Nami got another upgrade after this.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Advice posted:

This guarantees she gets at least one more good fight, which I'm totally fine with. Three big, but really good fights over the series is a dream Robin can only wish for.

Yeah, I guess Robin will have to settle for revealing the secrets of the world and the lost history of the Void Century. Oh well!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

sharktamer posted:

Jimbei is cool but why does everyone pretend to love him so much cos he summoned happy whales once? That only means happy whales are :krad:.

You know, as a fellow shark tamer (Jinbe summoned whale sharks) I figured you'd be more understanding.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

It's kind of awesome how Blackbeard was hinted at being the anti-Luffy and the supposed "last boss" waaaay back when both of them ordered cherry pie, Blackbeard loved it, and Luffy hated it.

Pretty sure that was also the first time in the manga Luffy actually said he hated something he ate, not counting his devil fruit. So it's a Big Deal.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Okay, serious question here.

Since when did Luffy start eating vegetables??

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dr Subterfuge posted:

All the lols if no one can find the last Road Ponyglyph because it's hidden on the moon.

And then Eneru shows up, having managed to pry it out of the ground and load it onto the Maxim before returning to earth for Reasons.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The guy was offered a promotion to Admiral several times and he doesn't even have a devil fruit.

Garp is strong.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The Oars fight was fantastic and it was also a good setup for the following arc, where their teamwork wasn't enough to fend off the Marines, showing the quickly widening power gap.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's a new month and you know what that means.

New jeans. Shockingly, Rebecca has actually put on more clothes.

Not too crazy about Rebecca's super-mini-jorts but honestly I kinda like the casual designs. Sanji's wearing what I wear on a typical workday.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

Are we getting a new chapter soon or more time off?

Barring another "Oda got sick" surprise, we should have one tomorrow.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Good chapter. Year of Sanji indeed.

Did anyone else notice that Sanji's eyebrows swirl in the opposite direction of Yonji and Renju's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Is Bleach over yet?

:lol::lol:

Ohh, that's just precious.