Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Parrotine posted:

Wait how the hell does that work out?

You get your rear end beat by a pirate pre time skip and get a promotion from CP9 to CP0? :shepface:

Aside from that one gently caress up, they were still pretty competent and were able to beat off the Marines who were after them pre timeskip. Akainu is pragmatic above all else so he probably cut them a deal to bring them back into the fold

NutritiousSnack posted:

It pretty much has to be. He's the only bounty posted to be Alive only. Something funny is up, Mr. Prince might have been a hint

I think it's going to be a case of mistaken identity and we're going to get a reverse Duval

Can Of Worms posted:

Ugh, the worst thing about this chapter is that we probably won't see the beatdown between Sengoku, Fujitora and Otsuru and whoever's attacking them. :( To be honest I would be incredibly excited to see a full fight between Otsuru and anyone, she has such a kooky power that's still pretty strong. Also a badass old lady!

I really hope we see more of the fight. I can't imagine anyone being able to take down all three and escape unscathed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Holy poo poo that dragon.

Holy poo poo it's Dragon!

Looks like a pretty good start to the new arc.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I always thought the fruits were weapons and a final gently caress you to the World Government left by their ancient enemies/Will of D guys during the Void Century as a way for people to continue the fight.

That said, being able to feed some guy's dream about a dog to a gun is totally One Piece to a tee.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

tbp posted:

I mean I think it happened exactly the way it looked, a nearby fruit presumably of the same kind (like banana to banana or whatever) becomes the devil fruit. I'm holding out a sliver of hope that isn't necessarily the case because I think that's an insanely bad storytelling idea, and while it doesn't outright conflict with anything we know of the fruits currently it seems to me absolutely silly that it would be some grand mystery about how they get reproduced in the world yet nobody except like three ppl ever has realized that it's just "yeah another close fruit lol"

I think it's probably more complicated than just finding the nearest piece of fruit.

Caesar and Vegapunk probably found out through experimentation and Blackbeard was shown to have done a poo poo ton of research on devil fruits to the point where he was after a specific one and had already known the strengths and weaknesses of the fruit despite its rarity.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Rip dragon

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

KoB posted:

Probably a minkman that has a DF ability to turn people into minkmen.

They already did something similar with Sugar's powers last arc though.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Luffy as a chew toy was pretty inspired.

I think Sanji got kidnapped along with Caesar, Momo and Brooke

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Advice posted:

So is Sabo the father or what? Dadan's buddy appears to be wearing his hat, so does that mean he came back to the island? Or did they just get it from the wreckage of his ship, and he never wore it before now?

And what is this cover arc, anyway? People responding to Luffy's bounty? Didn't we have that exact thing already?

I think it's a red herring given that Dadan's crew just like to wear themed hats on top of their turbans during parties.

I mean, the kid can't be Sabo's unless he went to Fushia during the time skip and knocked up Makino. He'd then have to take a detour after Dressrosa to drop off the hat instead of heading straight to meet Dragon and the revolutionaries.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

I approve of the Baratie's upgrade.

It took me a while to see it but it's now objectively the best ship in the sea.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I'm surprised that Robin didn't completely pick up on the name given her past as an actual assassin and member of the underworld.

These cover pages are also pretty good. Those Drum kingdom hats :3:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Guys we talked about this. One Piece is going to be a spaceship and then Oda spends another 30 years writing the robot/spaceship manga he always wanted to do.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I wonder if Jimbe is going to end up losing his head or maybe we'll finally get to meet eye patch guy.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Not only are they messing with his friend, they're messing with his food. Luffy gonna gently caress poo poo up.

I kinda want to see Sanji just deal with this on his own though. Luffy can take care of Big Mom's side and they can just meet in the middle.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Up on Mangastream. Lol @ Capone Jr being ugly as sin

The baby is gorgeous and you are a bad man.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Lola herself is assumed to be still in search of a husband.

I presume it's just a matter of time before she shows up for the wedding between her sister and a Straw hat.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

uhhh after luffy and big mom have their fight bege is gonna come in to finish it and sanji will stop it a la thriller bark and leads into the REAL title card of the arc (and only a few people see it or something like that cause strawhats love to do insane poo poo and not tell the others unless its offscreen or something)

I can't imagine he'd get that chance, Bege is going to go all out and expect Luffy to come in only for Luffy to go, nope, I'm good for now, I'm just going to runaway and party with Sanji's family, leaving Bege to deal with the full wrath of Big Mom.

There's no way Bege's carefully constructed plan is going to survive contact with Luffy. He might even run off with the Fishman treasure.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Hey, maybe the photo's of Kureha? She's one of the few women we know who's old enough to qualify, and we've got Chopper around to react to seeing her.

This is my guess as well although I kind of want it to be just a picture of a literal camel.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Oh my god. Why is it not next week yet? Everything about that episode was perfect.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

I love how the plan going off the rails was because they overshot how much stuff to do to give Big Mom a freakout.

I thought the plan would gently caress up because the Straw Hats would make a mistake but it turns out that it'll gently caress up because everybody stuck to it.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
One Piece can get pretty dark but I think Big Mom going into a rampage as a child and literally eating her adoptive family isn't something the editors of a children's comic would give the ok to.

The kids probably ran from the rampage and got caught by CP0 or the Marines before they all got the gently caress out of there.:ohdear:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Also glad that Bart is so committed to the #Strawhat #Brand

I love the fact that Bart is going to leave a trail of Strawhat merchandise in his wake.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Yeah I don't know. We already had a death this chapter with Pedro so I don't think there's any way that either Pound or Pedro are actually dead

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Pretty gutsy move for Oda to kill off half the crew.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

IceBorg posted:

I know we had other covers where non-SH were in it like they were crewmembers (Law being the most recent one I think) but the fact that Carrot is in there twice makes me hopeful she's gonna join.

How long was the gap between Jinbe being on those coins and him actually joining?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
This is probably one of my favourite chapters in a while.

The only thing I miss is the big end of arc party they normally have.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I assume that the bounty is just a way for the government to track where the pirates are and that it also includes information that leads to their capture.

Pirate crews still need to eat and resupply and there's always the risk that there might be an admiral waiting for you at your next destination.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I'd read an entire series of Sengoku and Garp in retirement just making GBS threads on anyone who has the smallest amount of responsibility

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Is this the first time we've seen Robin like that?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Holy poo poo this chapter. Totally explains the Robin face.

So many revelations, so many questions

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
There's no way they'd just chump Sabo off-screen.

I love all this stuff that's happening but I have to say that I'm way more vested in Capone's family reunion than yet another earth shattering revelation.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Begemot posted:

It's really funny to me that even Sengoku is kinda treating bounties like power levels ("if Big Mom and Kaidou team up, their bounty is higher than Roger's!") when earlier in the chapter he mentions that it's just a number Brannew comes up with.

These aren't scientific measurements of fighting power (you need Fukuro for that), they're just what some bureaucrat values their threat to public safety at.

That makes sense though?

I assumed that the Kaido/Big Mom alliance means that they're a greater threat that Roger ever was and now public enemy number one.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I believed the coins!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Wait so how does pirate docking work now with an extra crew member?