Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Zapf Dingbat posted:

And this month in "Great Job, Alabama:"

Alabama Closes Driver's License Offices in Blackest Counties

This is a state where a photo ID is required to vote. So when are we just going to break the state apart and have the neighboring states absorb it?

Time to bring back reconstruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mitt Romney posted:

When they went on 60 minutes and this CBS stuff it's nothing but huge glowing pieces about how awesome, nice and charitable the Kochs are. Downsides of their buddies owning the majority of the media outlets I guess.

I take some comfort in seeing the comments are overwhelmingly negative.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Yoshifan823 posted:

Kraft is a real dick here. There's this weird sort of aggressive tone to him as if he's attacking instead of interviewing. It doesn't help that Obama has a very calm, measured, slow way of talking (probably to keep him from speaking without thinking), which runs counter to how most people want him to answer questions. I'm so used to hearing GOP candidates talk like a machine gun. I was looking at Twitter during the airing this evening, and it was, predictably, split right down between people who hate Obama and think he's evil/a monster/an idiot, and people who think that Obama is cool.

After the interview, there was a story about Glen Ford, who was on Death Row for 30 years before new evidence came out that showed he was innocent. The DA who put him there was very remorseful and will probably think about what he did for the rest of his life, but the current DA, who let him out, is a world-class rear end in a top hat who thinks we need to kill more people in prison, and that innocent people being locked up get justice when they get out, so there's no need to compensate them. Ford was owed $300,000 for his imprisonment, and was denied it because the DA claims he was aware of the robbery that happened the night of the murder he didn't commit, so he didn't deserve it. They did, however, give him a $20 gift card on his way out for his troubles. He got a nice meal of fried chicken, and then a short while later got diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away 3 weeks after he was interviewed for this bit. He died penniless, and his funeral was paid for by donations from his church.

The DA has a history of being terrible, he was featured in a New Yorker article earlier this year. Basically he works in a super racist area, and wants to kill everyone he can who gets convicted of a proper crime, because society is disintegrating. What a fucker.

Is it just me or does CBS seem to be going full on right wing of late? COuld it be just a ploy to keep their primarily older audience happy?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Execute the assholes who come up with this poo poo. Throw them in a few crow cages along with the medication gouging rear end in a top hat and let everyone see them suffer a fraction of the pain they cause others.

I would prefer blinding them Byzantine style and then confiscating their entire estates.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Quorum posted:

You're going to have to castrate them, too, then. For historical accuracy's sake, naturally.

Fine with me.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

AfroLine posted:

sick of the whole we're saving the employer millions of dollars and passing on the savings onto you

It really makes me start to think that Athens had the right idea with ostrakismos, but expand it to include confistation of 90% of all assets.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Trabisnikof posted:

The "dream team" didn't do much better.

I don't think Davis running as a progressive would have helped her win either.

Running as a populist would have.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Trabisnikof posted:

Not really. She could have failed as a populist, a progressive, or centrist. Doesn't really matter. There just wasn't a way for Democrats to mobilize enough minorities and they still couldn't do it without turning off too many white people.

I think Grimes could have in KY. Davis was doomed, but she could have done better then the pathetic result/

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

It's Friday, you're blowing off work, so let's spend the day freaking out over this Ipsos model that says the GOP is going to win the presidency.

Oh wow, their going back to the old "Two term voter fatigue" bullshit? Also Reagans was about where Obama was at this time in 87. And Reagan didn't have the Dems in near full on civil war as Obama has the GOP now.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So any news on the speaker election?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Gravel Gravy posted:

So is racism dead or is it not?

The source is one of those "parody" news sites that spit out horseshit headlines for clickbait.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

I'd like to know what party John Kasich thinks he's a member of...

I feel bad for him because his the most competent in their deck and he is practically ignored.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Haha showing here his mastery of international sovereign debt, Carson vows never to raise debt ceiling as President.

Also, I had no idea Rubio and Cruz were the same age.

Cruz seriously looks like he is in hid mid 50s. I cannot explain how old he looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

Ben Carson was asked about a shady supplement company he had a relationship with that said it could cure autism, and he denied any relationship with the company and then immediately endorsed their product saying he uses it and everyone should use it.

Certainly wouldn't say its working for him.

• Locked thread