Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Dr. VooDoo posted:

First DLC will be mandated by Games Workshop and it will be a Sigmarine who will remind every how glorious the age of sigmar is

In the far future, there is only bankruptcy (please).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Super hype to try this game. I keep clicking the play button and nothing happens.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

I don't wanna work, i just wanna bang on some rats all day!!!

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

This game is really fun. Thanks to everyone who helped on the full monty horn missons.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Blacktoll posted:

What does hiding underneath the horn do, even?

Causes the pathing of the rats to go all Benny Hill and they have difficulty getting to you. Their confusion makes them easy to kill.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

I don't know about the packmaster but with the assassin you can block the pounce with a well timed push. Had an assassin leap at me while shielding, get bounced and then exploded by the team's collective firepower.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Sooo do we get the same 3 maps or something different? I would like something different to test now.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Tormented posted:

Isn't he full game coming out Friday?

Ya but i want different things till then. How hard is it to just rotate the maps?

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Kamikaze Raider posted:

How hard is it to wait a week for your new toy?

I was under the impression that the closed beta had a different set of maps. I would not mind if supply and demand was replaced. I really don't mind either way, just thought there was more to see yet, like a forest level or something. Snark is not necessary here, it is enough that this game is good and doing well.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Musluk posted:

Joined a goon game, we decided to visit the mage tower.

We entered the storefront and a rat ogre spawned behind the hidden door, basically stuck. Then my dwarf suddenly... died. From full hitpoints. :iiam:

Wizard towers, no sense of right or wrong.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

For me, I like this game way more than l4d. So far, just for the beta I have outplayed the hours I put into both l4d games. I find the grimoire and tome system more interesting and the combat more satisfying than l4d. Specials are kinda nuts and I don't like grinding the loot system but even with just 2 people and bots, it has been really fun. Even when a run goes south, I am still optimistic if I was just a bit better, that could have been salvaged. I feel like there are things to improve, something I didn't care to attempt in L4D. It is good now, kinda rough but if they give it support, this will become awesome. Playing with goons is just the icing on the cake.

E: Like for example, I think the dodge has a few frames of invulnerability. Don't know but I think so. What if you had a character who couldn't really block but had a farther dodge with more invulnerability frames. Different offensive options is one thing but different defensive playstyles being possible gets me interested incredibly.

Hypha fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 23, 2015

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Goons in general are good at running horn of magnus cause of how many times we have done it in the beta. I think another map might be better for farming but i am not certain. Personally I think it might be war machines, since it is very straight forward aside from the blowing up the doomwheels stage and for how open it is. I just don't know where anything is yet. I generally like all the maps. Wheat and chaff looks great but drat is it brutal.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Generally your melee weapon choice also decides what you do as a group. You can focus on being a stormvermin can-opener but hordes are difficult to thin. The two handed weapons can cleave through hordes but have to give stormvermin some pause. If caught out also, the slower weapons can be overwhelmed if the skaven come at you faster that you can hit them. One handed weapons with a shield can hold back almost anything but they don't kill things as fast as the others. The range weapons can compensate but only so far (bright mage being a bit of the inverse).

Making sure you have a good mix of weapons help. At least one shield and some decent aoe is all that is needed for melee.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Coolguye posted:

They currently clearly ARE considered something other than specials, which is potentially part of the problem because they equally clearly pose a special's threat profile.

I agree with this. A single stormvermin strike takes most of a shields stamina and a significant amount of your health on higher difficulties. Sure you can push them but they push back and something likely gets a swing in. They are best handled exactly like any other special, something going at a high velocity through the cranium.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Tamayachi posted:

I *just* bought this game because I was interested in dual wielding longswords as an elf and mowing down rats, is that viable?

You are the tsundere blender. Go hog wild.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

randombattle posted:

Chance to regain ammo actually means "Change to get one bullet" It's a real letdown.

They should really buff this up. Elf and witch hunter come into their own if parked by a ammo crate. I know they want it to be more melee centric but the ammo trait should be closer to how useful the health is.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Al Borland posted:

Thats a handgun? :aaa: I thought people were talking about like a pistol.

There is no pistol for the soldier. It is either the single shot or the repeating model.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

I think so far my fav trait is more powerful shoves with a shield. It sends stormrats reeling like normal skaven and normal skaven go flying all over the place. It buys way more time than the charge attacks and you can even bully stormvermin around like a bulldozer. On Man the Ramparts, i just dumped half a stormvermin patrol on nightmare over a cliff.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

No they just have a ton of health. AFAIK only Storm vermin are armored, clan rats have cosmetic armor but I am not sure if it counts

A clan rat can take a bit more punishment than a slave rat but only a little more. The warhammer still goes thump to the same effect.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

I personally like Man the Ramparts for my nightmare/cata quick runs. No rat ogre, generally easier to control level design. Only problem is heaps of stormvermin but they are easier to handle than a R.ogre.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Funny thing is, most of the factions already had special snowflake names in the Lore. The High Elves, for example, call themselves the Asur.

I'm sorry but the theorem of GW=bad makes this point moot.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Krinkle posted:

When the dwarf says "nice shot dorie" or "good one dorie" who the gently caress is he talking to? Nobody's name is anything close to dorie? His weapon? That can be a hammer or axe or sword? Does he call literally everyone and everything dorie? Does he have an invisible friend?

Dawri is the Dwarf word for comrades who are not dwarfs, so everyone else.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Krinkle posted:

I'm sorry, I didn't know. I didn't even know there was a non 40k warhammer until this game came out and I was pressganged into buying it. I didn't know any lore names. Dorie is just an old lady's nick name to me so I looked at everyone's names and was stumped and angry.

What is there to be sorry about? It is just a sperg trap. Who cares if you can't speak Khazalid, just spank rats!

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

victrix posted:

And they threw this setting with those kinds of character opportunities away for faceless suits of immortal armor fighting eternally on the bloodgrim bloodplains of bloodfyre :cripes:

Whatever, gonna pretend GW doesn't exist and continue to enjoy the rad games people are making in spite of them.

It is not like "they" were going to do anything with it anyway.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

It is a unique combination of "Hey God, I know you are a dick but please save my rear end" and "Hey God, I know you are trying to save my rear end but you are a dick".

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Lemming posted:

Game reviewers are both bad at video games and tremendously stupid. With this understanding, everything should make sense.

But you gotta respect those ethics maaaaan.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Radish posted:

What stuff should you try to be going for with the elf? I don't feel her melee is that amazing with my twin swords and she runs out of arrows so fast.

Ugh, this post reeks of ignorance.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Radish posted:

Sorry I don't know how to play this game I just bought I guess!!

Cool thanks!

It is just a dumb joke. The elf is the better Francis.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Weird question about R.ogres and the trueflight bow. The pathing freaks out and the arrows start orbiting. Are they still doing damage during this or is it just a graphical glitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Everything that interacts with or involves a rat is fun. Anything not about rats is debatable. By and large, your screen will be covered in rats.

• Locked thread