Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Being one short of getting your first legendary item really sucks after getting both grimoires and all 3 tomes.

Man, Sword/Shield + Handgun is an amazing loadout for Kruber. Sword/Shield makes short work of even huge hordes focusing on you, and the Handgun one-shots basically any special.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Beta should end in ~6 hours.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I wasn't sure on the game before playing the beta, but it really sold me. Shame there's no 4-pack though.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I like Lady Legolas as well.

Her dual swords are really good, as is the longbow. Poison arrows seem okay? Not as good against Stormvermin but it's nice to be able to kill gunners and such while being in cover.

Also she and fake Gimli have a LotR reference in their banter. :3:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Have they said if the pre-order beta is just going to be the full game? I hope so, since there won't be a wipe after it.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Drythe posted:

Pre-order beta progress doesn't save to the release.

Yes, it does. There's no wipe unless they discover a huge gamebreaking bug/exploit.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Just give us the Space Marine DLC already. :colbert:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Trinkets are going to make the biggest difference when it comes to loot, I believe. In the beta I got a fish that gave me a 40% chance to not consume healing items upon use. Getting 3 uses out of a single medkit is kind of a huge deal.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Beta is currently up, I'm guessing they're testing the new patch they just put up.

Some changes include:
You can now select your upload speed when hosting.
Setting to enable dodging when moving forward diagonally.
VoIP! Push to talk is default, thankfully.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Skandranon posted:

Well, game starts up, but didn't get any players joining, so it's either not really running, or no one else is running it. Going to try soloing Horn of Magnus, which is the only available map at the moment.

It's working fine, I've played a couple full games.

You start with a healing potion on normal now, which makes things way easier.

They also changed traits a little. Berserking for example now says it has a 5-12% c

Another thing: They must have realized that people were just farming Man the Ramparts because it was easy even on harder difficulties. It's now possible for there to be a squad of Stormvermin guarding the entrance to the tower and there are also two guarding each anchor.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 11, 2015

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Rabhadh posted:

I just joined a game with Dezztroy through steam friends list

Sorry about not healing you, didn't know you were on your third strike :v:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I feel like they should make the Rat Ogre drop a loot die or something, because right now the Rat Ogre is just a random "gently caress you". I do like random gently caress yous in games, but getting some reward for making it through the mission after killing what is the game's boss enemy would be nice.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Betas haven't run great, but they're getting better.

You could always just buy it and refund it if it runs like poo poo.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Another 4GB patch just hit Steam. Maybe they'll put the servers up for a couple hours again?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
New missions are pretty fun! One of them ends with a L4D2 style scavenger hunt.

Also, man, getting the "max targets hit" animation with a charged greatsword swing is the best feeling. So many limbs go flying.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I never even realized, but the patch a couple days ago added a server browser.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
The loot has to be rigged. The vast majority of the stuff I'm getting is for the dwarf. I've gotten like 10 different hammers.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Having Steam crap out when you're minutes away from finishing a mission on Nightmare is the worst.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Magni posted:

The soldier can equal him with the shield and sword combo. Suffers a bit against stormvermin, though.

That's what the Handgun is for!

Really, Sword & Shield + Handgun is an extremely effective combo.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
My favorite is when pubbies rush to the guardhouse without checking any of the loot spawns. And then they all die because no one decided to pick up the three medkits you marked and pointed out in chat repeatedly. :v:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Beta has been delayed by 6 hours. It will also only be 3 maps, they haven't said if it will be the same 3 we had in the last beta or not.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Note that cursed dice, tomes and grimoires do not give you extra dice, but rather upgrade one of the 7 you get.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Hard isn't much harder than Normal as long as everyone has gotten used to the combat. Blocking is required on Hard to avoid wasting huge amounts of health.

I wish people would catch on to healing potions being much more effective if used right after being revived, since it turns your temporary health into permanent health. Meaning you end up with almost full health.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

averox posted:

assume it's like L4D

Number 1 reason for people failing missions :v:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

What's the trick to taking down rat ogres though?

Bombs are a huge help, especially the normal (and improved) ones which stun him for a while. Other than that, just keep hitting him. Make sure to block every attack you can, and don't get too close to him or he'll hit you with his ground smash which you can only partially block.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Waywatchers that only use their bow are bad players. Same with Wizards that only use their staff.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
If you ever needed another reason to not play with pubbies, they've started kicking people at the end of missions.

Tokubetsu posted:

When you're killing trash with one hit kills and do great AoE why wouldn't you use the staff 85% of the time? I only switch off when I'm in overcharge and theres still too many dudes on screen. Which usually means its a horde and I can safely chokepoint murder with heavy sword swings.

I'm talking about people who continue using the staff despite being on the verge of exploding because "But the Wizard is a ranged class!"

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Doing better than a dev feels pretty good. :smug:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I've had my game start crashing a whole lot from engine and script errors. Never had any problems in past betas.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

terrorist ambulance posted:

98 kills? Did you die in the spawn?

There were "speedrunning" the sewer level when I joined in.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Pubbies are generally so bad that it's actually easier to do Hard with bots. Did Horn of Magnus with one grimoire and only bots, went just fine. Try that with pubbies and you'll wipe before reaching the rooftops.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
2H axes and hammers play differently than swords, mostly due to axes and hammers focusing on high, single target damage as opposed to the greatsword's sweeping horizontal swings.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Do we know what causes the loot table to sometimes improve, seemingly at random? I've had Hard runs where there are two possible oranges instead of one, for example.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Fans posted:

Since it took me forever to work it out, here's how the Bright Wizard works.

Before you reach the 50% mark your heat cools down slowly. It cools down much faster past the 50% marks as you approach 100%.
You are NOT taking damage if you're above 50%, you only take damage if you reload to cool down faster when above 50% or if you reach 100% and explode. You can reload below 50% without getting hurt.

So don't be like me and constantly reload the heat because you thought flames meant you were taking damage. Unless you badly need to cool off RIGHT NOW to blow something up just stab a few things or wait for some to dissipate.

If I got anything wrong yell at me.

Mostly correct. The cutoff is nowhere near 50%, more like 25. Your passive cooling also slows down when you're above it, not the other way around.

Regarding things that proc on hit, does each enemy hit from a single swing count as a separate hit?

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 19, 2015

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
After doing Hard Horn 2 grimoire runs for a couple hours, I've only gotten a single blue. :suicide:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I haven't tried a bots match but if it's anything like L4D, they must be worse than useless. I once saw a bot pick up a bomb, I have never seen a bot USE a bomb.

They're better than the average pubbie!

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Packmasters are pretty easy to hear as their skulls or whatever make a distinct jingle (jangle) when they're running.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Fans posted:

Bash doesn't work on the Packrat itself though. In fact does it work on any special? Even the Stormvermin shrug it off.

The bash as in shield charge attack doesn't stagger specials. Pushing with a shield does however stagger everything man-sized such as Stormvermin and Ratling Gunners.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Atleast there won't be an Age of Sigmar video game because such a thing would only steal sales from the tabletop game/figures! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
5 Nightmare sewer runs later: 1 blue, 2 greens, 2 whites.

Just kill me now. End it, please.

• Locked thread