Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Anyone else feel like the soldiers great hammer is kinda unsatisfying? I just feel like every other weapon has weight to it and the hammer is made out of foam, that can pop a skaven's head like a water balloon. Everything is super cool and fun save the hard technical issues like sound cutting in and out, and the second level crashing every time I call the boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
My recent string of pubbies has been pretty sad tonight. So anyone up for some last minute Skaven fighting before the beta ends? (I'm in the goonintide group if that helps)

Sazabi fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 7, 2015

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

beta convinced me to get the game
i hope it sticks around!

Ditto. I hope the DLC has better magic items than what I've seen. Like 5-10% chance to regen five health or ammo.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
They can add whatever the hell they want as DLC so long as it doesn't split the community (maps) hell they could copy Payday 2 and I would be fine with that. And if they wanted to actually make money they would release a mercenary skaven as a new player class.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Tokubetsu posted:

Pulled the trigger on the pre-order so I'm ready to bathe in skaven blood. :black101:

They shall write songs of your glorious deeds. Such as "three blinded skaven" "pop goes the skaven" and "ratatouille(but with skaven)"

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Do we know if the upgrade system gets more in depth? or is it just
Break down item for material
Unlock special items trait using said material.
Or maybe it's something that isn't 100% ready and they plan to release it later.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Isn't the only difference between white tier and the other ones is a single random stat like more ammo or life on kill. Or do blues and greens do more damage by default than their white counterparts.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Every map in L4D 1 had at least one area that would be instant death if a tank knocked you back at the right angle.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Are there any checkpoints in the middle of levels where you restart if you lose? L4D had 4-5 parts of each campaign so if yowoulu lost you were only losing 10 minutes tops, but the campaigns in this seem almost as long as a L4D campaign but with no checkpoints.
Every time my party wiped or bugged out the game would bump us to the start. So no check points as far as I know. Also when you say L4D campaign I assume you mean the full level(or movie as they called it) or just the sections within said movie. Cause the vermintide tide missions(15-25 minutes) are way shorter that a full L4D movie(an hour).

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Trudis posted:

I played on nightmare for the first time tonight and got dual drakefire pistols for the dwarf, which I didn't even know was a thing. It uses no ammo, instead relying on the same overcharge mechanic as the wizard. Left click is fireballs that can be rapidly fired a bunch of times before heating up, right click you charge a massive short range blast with both pistols drawn. It may be my new favorite weapon.

:prepop: that sounds. Just amazing! I haven't tried anything harder than normal yet but drat if I don't desperately want to now.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Vermintide is a game that I'm satisfied with. I don't feel like it's missing anything for a full experience. Xcom 1 for example I felt needed more weapon and class variety, or total Warhammer needed more unique mechanics for each race, and to add Skaven and tomb Kings.
Vermintide doesn't really feel lacking in anyway that a sequel feels necessary. That said, holy Sigmar am I :stoked: for this sequel.

As for the PvP debate, I think adding it is fine so long as they don't divert any time, money, or workers to that project. L4D was built to be a PvP game vermintide wasn't. Even though we know nothing about V2, looking at the first one gives me the strong impression that a PvP mode would have been a horrible add-on. I really really hope Fatshark never tries does it because the risk of ruining the game is too much for the reward of giving L4D players one more game to moan about not being as good as L4D.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Digirat posted:

In other words, pvp is fine as long as it takes no time or money to make, which is literally impossible. Make no mistake, there is no way to add a non-horrible pvp mode to a game like this without a serious investment of resources. Lunethex just laid out some good reasons why it would be a massive effort to make it work with vermintide's existing design, and I guess I'll add my reasons to that when I'm not phoneposting

:thejoke: I was saying in a roundabout way that PvP in vermintide would be bad. And spending resources on something that best case scenario will only divide​ the player base is well a waste of resources. I do not understand this desire some of you have towards bring PvP and new enemy races into a game about killing rats with friends. Not fighting player controlled rats and some times orcs with friends.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Assuming the add new characters or simply replace the old crew. Are there any iconic classes you guys think should be in the sequel? Aside from a Slayer class, I'm not too knowledgeable on warhams, does any other race/profession have a similar relationship like the witch Hunter and bright wizard do?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
The only thing stopping Bardin the Slayer from using ranged weapons, is a random easily deletable line on there website. I'm more concerned with all this Nurgle in my rat game. Too soon to dismiss it outright and we all agree, Fatshark works hard to make their rat games good. Bugs can be patched, but game mechanics are a one way street.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
I'm still expecting a late Feb early March release. But hey, no complaints about getting in early.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Iceclaw posted:

To be honest, as far as Witch Hunters are concerned, filling a dead brother's shoes is a good ending in and of itself. That and unless fatshark get some major liberties from GW, all of this is meaningless.

How so? I have derived a large amount of meaning from stabbing/cutting/crushing/burning/exploding/maiming/shooting/shoving them into walls and off cliffs. Infact I struggle to find any examples of meaning outside this rat blender simulator.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Yardbomb posted:

I will refuse to acknowledge Age of Smegmar until the day I die.

One of the only good parts to come out of AOS https://youtu.be/_-MzNpMD1K8

The other being the "triumver-rat"

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Inzombiac posted:

Can you play this solo yet if you don't care about grabbing books?

On normal and easy totally. On hard you have to start playing baby sitter.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
One of the empire units if left idle will talk about not being able to start until Kruber gets here. Or "did ye' lot hear what mess Kruber got his self into?"

Anyways, I'm not in the beta:wink: but if I was, which I'm not. I'd probably talk about liking it and reassuring others that the humor is still amazing..

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Bogart posted:

Zeno Clash does first-person combat pretty well too, and it has Father-Mother! :D I didn't watch the other characters' review videos, do they all have special skills as well?

Every class gets one passive and one active.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Fire Barrel posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic for 2. No lie to say that VT is probably one of my favorite dedicated multiplayer games (which, I admit, isn't saying much since I don't play tons of MP games). Worried a bit about some of the classes, but at least the WH Captain looks to be exactly in my wheel house.

What worries you about the classes?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Weird thought, but how do you think they'll do the cinematic trailer? Will they even do one? Cause each character has 3 different canonical classes. Will it be three trailers or imply something about possible futures that you decide! I would be ok with ironbreaker Bardin holding the line against ratmen until a chaos spawn shows up. Bardin starts to laugh as he removes his helmet to reveal a flame res mohawk puff up like a peacock. Then stripping his armor and unsheathing two axes strapped to his back, and yells about cousin Okri before charging in. Cut away to Saltspyre and kruber discuss the optimum number of feathers to adorn the perfect hat. Cut back to Slayer Bardin putting on a green cloak, tucking back his hair under the hood, and picking up a crossbow before running off to join the others.

How would you do a cinematic trailer for VT2?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Fishstick posted:

My only real beef so far is the lack of "Damage taken" stat in the end of mission stats. How am I supposed to shame my friends?

Shame them for being a dirty free love elf. Or not having enough leg to reach the top shelf potions. Or for having a common hat with only one feather!

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Elf account spotted.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Lunethex posted:

New page. If you have anything you want to add to this QoL bullet list feel free, I'll post in a few hours.

I'd like to change my equipment in the same room as the portal mission starter place. Or make the path shorter between the two. I'd also think the crossbow would work better if you fired one shot while aiming and a burst of three when shooting from the hip.

Trip report, pubbed it as the dwarf with a decent Saltspyre and kruber, the elf often brought up the rear. Make it to the end when all the enemy running towards us start to sink into the ground. I literally see the exit light up. Screen goes black and everyone loads to the start of the mission except the elf. WH asks if we have to do it all again? Kruber says we get to do it again. I tell them a saying my cousin Okri was fond of. "Never let an elf host on their connection." We all have a laugh.

I give the game 13 new your pizza rats out of 5.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

PantsOptional posted:

You can just hit “i” and bring up the inventory/talents/crafting screen.

Thanks.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
That would be kind of a bummer if the dialogue didn't hold up. Because that was a huge bonus among my group, and compared to L4D or most games really. I get what you mean by out of place. Though I'm in favor of this trade off because them being Debbie downers doesn't work long term. Hell that would probably kill the game if the gang acted all sad and depressed during the end of days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Third World Reggin posted:

It is really weird that people in here are talking about the possibility of some sexual relation between characters pointed out in the dialog and not how bardin is an anti-semite.

Did I miss a line where Bardin talks about some other relative who sends him emails about chaos being fake news?

• Locked thread