Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What tune should I be singing these lyrics along to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

I dunno, they seemed to imply they needed a human for the door.

And that Alison is unsuitable.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The sword Cat Master is wielding reminds me of Prophet's war knife.
Given that he's named Cat Master that shouldn't surprise me I guess.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

I can pretty well answer any questions you may have about the original Tomb of Horrors.

What the gently caress is the guy in purple doing?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

lol so the guy whose ostensible job is to be the trapsmith and mechanic has a backpack full of nothing but high explosives. I think I figured out how he disarms the traps, you guys.

A wall can't be trapped if there is no wall. Same with doors. Floors, etc.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Smooshed up brains were another popular tanning ingredient.

Or if you're boring you can use tree bark.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Mottom should be running out of stockpiled butt tree fruit by now.

Unless it had seedlings or something.

Doesn't she still have a Key? She could presumably stop aging by just being too angry to remember to do so.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is that a full-body halo?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Since finding out that frozen pork buns come out pretty nice (as long as you arent buying crap) there's always a few in my freezer. :9

also lol if the guy replies 'Yeah a crazy tunnel ape keeps doing pullups on the shrine!'

How do you unfrozen a pork bun? Can you microwave, or do you need to steam in a rice cooker?

Edit: Assume for this purpose that I am not Royalty and cannot simply cut the cold away from the bun.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Oct 8, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

coolusername posted:

So she's definitely losing a hand, right?

Which she will replace with one made of Want.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Also don't forget the drinking contest against a black devil which she legitimately won without having to cheat, then when said devil decided to hit the self-destruct button she stuffed it back into a mask and name-bound it or however that works.

"I'm drunk as hell and have no idea what I'm doing!" would make a good motto for a noble house.
Anyone want to translate it into latin so Allison can have heraldry?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

McKilligan posted:

I'd imagine that it IS how it works - given that Vladok had de-synced from the drinking game and was in a more vulnerable, chaotic state. It proposed a contest that it didn't expect to lose, rather than admit defeat and be bound by the rules of it's wager, it chose to break it's own rules and unbind itself, reverting to that crazy, chaotic elemental state. While super loving dangerous, doing so also left it vulnerable to binding again, and here we are.

It's the sheer amount that Allison consumed while remaining upright that's the nigh impossible bit.

But just charging at it holding a mask should not have worked. It's like trying to tie up an elephant using a silk thread and a toothpick - tying animals to posts is a thing, but not like this.
The mages were going to start this long complicated procedure starting with Drulle's Third Resonance and proceeding from there while having very little confidence of success, then Allison charged right past them and did it raw.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Magic is lying to the universe and having it believe you. Royalty is not bothering to make your lies plausible.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Xand_Man posted:

I wonder if Friday's panel is going to be her fighting the rest of the room or "You just punched someone through the loving ceiling, the guy you are looking for is in the back room."

Both. They're saying that, but she's punching not listening.

Re Empty Palms, do angels have meridians? They don't have internal organs AFAIK.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 17, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

One of the sons is going to eat it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

This isn't even a new idea, it's right there in Meti's Sword Manual. Maya's sword hilt is a crutch that a true master would discard.

Consider: there is no such thing as a sword

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think it's 'restraint' as in "stop resisting!". She's restraining that goblin from comitting further violence.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I name KILLBOSS's kick technique the Deathbulge.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Clearly, punch him through a wall a few times first.

So he was actually flirting with Al-Ysun before?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mimesweeper posted:

also drat, I guess that throat slash did leave a mark.

allison is going to have some serious explaining to do if she ever gets to go home.

*posting to instagram* got mauled by several bears at the Grand Canyon but I'm okay! Thanks so much to the Flagstaff Medical Center, nicest people I've ever met!

I wonder how difficult it is to harden your flesh just enough that enemy attacks still leave a badass scar, but don't actually kill you.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

The Sparri are a brand new addition that's going to be incorporated into the next version of the draft that comes out. Tom describes them as monster hunters and technoshamans who live on a planet with literal world serpent megafauna, and when they got reintroduced to Union society they found out that mechs were a thing and they were like "hell yeah now we can hunt even BIGGER monsters."

Do they incorporate monster parts into their mecha? Monster Hunter style?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

I don't think so. Rogue angels haven't really been shy about flouting the law that we've seen. I think it's more likely that these are perfectly perfect law abiding and enforcing angels but that somehow it's this rote and inflexible adherence to the law that results in Vash getting off with little more than a slap on the wrist, and White Chain's going to be pissed as hell about this despite the fact that as an immutable being of law that doesn't crave change she should simply accept this situation and move on, duty done. Like these last couple of pages have been all about White Chain going "stop it, I'm not changing, angels don't change, we don't want change," but I have a feeling that deep down White Chain values justice more than she does law and watching Vash bounce back to his crime bossing ways on the Throne equivalent of a technicality is going to be what pushes her to really start breaking out of her self-imposed dogma and start being the change she wants to see in the world. Possibly starting with punching Vash so hard that his spirit vacates his body.

He is duly delivered for judgement. Unfortunately the court in question hasn't been in operation for 600 years and he just walks out through a shattered wall.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

Jagganoth seems to have had the brilliant idea that, rather then be a lazy overlord, you should oppress all 111,111 of your worlds into do-or-die wartime logistics production. Your city isn't producing enough? Congratulations your region is now conscripts for the future front lines!

111,111 universes. Presumably each contains numerous worlds.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rhaka posted:

Every item on the fanfiction checklist is now sorted.

She's not even using a sword.

...is that more magical than a sword that does exist? It's quite possible.

A.o.D. posted:

he happens to believe with all his heart that the best thing that could happen to the universe is that it end, perhaps to make way for something better.

Hell, :same:

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Dec 21, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Yes, let's build a water displacer into the end of our rods. We can't have that pesky water slowing down the reaction during regular operation, can we? Oh, there will be a little spike when we insert the rods, but I'm sure it will be fine. And I suppose we'll have to keep the graphite cool, so we'll just put another water circuit on them. I'm sure the tight fit required for cooling won't slow down the only part of the reactor which is absolutely required to move into position with maximum speed and confidence.

Every time I think about the reeeealy old-fashioned reactors I get this chill up my spine and resolve to stay as far away as possible.

It still would have been ok if the operators hadn't done precisely 100% the wrong thing at every step of the way.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Who What Now posted:

So where is Niave's room? I know that she's a former slave but she should still get her own bed.

She's the accountant and wrote the purchase contract. So she assigned herself a whole floor underneath this one.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

work = force x distance. Her strength is now beyond the quotidian human, meaning she applies far more force to things, meaning there is much more energy involved. So she eats a lot.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

Nyaeve is basically the only person on the team who knows how to do anything besides lift and punch dudes

e. well i guess Cio can cook food and accounting books

Alyson can make coffee.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pacra posted:

Meti's sword manual is the best fictional - and nonfictional - sword guide because it states "swordspersonship kind of blows; go do something, anything, more useful with your time"

Like eating noodles.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Mottom never even saw Allison and pretty much immediately got distracted by bondage nun wrasslin, that was probably like the fifth or sixth place that day she'd crashed her ride into and then started fighting whoever was inside

She didn't specifically intend to attack Yre, it's just that flying cities are surprisingly difficult to steer.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I do like Alison's smoking gun(s).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tollymain posted:

i wonder if devils are immune to being gogged

Since devils are their Name rather than their flesh, devouring them might not mean absorbing them the way it does for fleshlings.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I need that first panel without the dialogue bubbles.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think my favourite among the depicted competitors is the masked leatherman with the axes. He looks like he's already chopped a few hundred people into dogfood just left of the panel and has no intention of stopping.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its relative.
WELL DONE YOURE NOT A....*checks notes*.....complete fuckup??????

Abaddon may be going for a two-sides-of-the-same-coin type of allegory, that you need to be a selfish prick to be capital R royalty.
Especially considering that paragons of virtue in the lore stories rarely go unpunished for their purity.

Aesma is fairly pure in her furious stupidity.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mindblast posted:

If I already had one can I still have another?

If you already had one then you have thousands.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

well it seems to take a while to repair the colosseum for each new one. I blame some sort of ki rata bullshit for its destruction

Pretty sure he builds a brand new colosseum for each one no matter what.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Complications posted:

I love that the colosseum either generates or attracts its own fog bank for people to make dramatic entrances through.

That's the Fog Door. All fights in the colosseum are boss fights.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

lookit how stoked those lizards are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How come Allison gets a boxing helmet but batman doesn't?