Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder if the next panel is going to show a cut on Solomon's face with him smiling, so he decided to give her a body because he thinks that's her wish, thus ignoring and negating her entire speech beforehand? Then she is just like "While this mortal female form is kicking rad, I want you to stop being a son of a bitch that never allows change" or some permutation thereof. Thus setting up the conflict of a material desire going head to head with a metaphysical need (Solomon stop being a dick).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Contra posted:

Solomon David is going to kill white chain from behind in a fit of rage within the next two pages, expose his whole smug benevolent ruler thing as a facade, lose tons of face/legitimacy in front of his subjects and vassals, and in the confusion gog agog is going to start gogging up the planet. Allison and co will make their escape during the chaos, there will be at least one multi-page spread of pursuers/rayuban military/gog zombies having a melee and it will be glorious. The crew will probably run into Maya on their way off world.

White chain won't be coming back because she's 100% human now and humans are mortal. I know all of these things because I'm from the future.

Edit: Allison will lose her eye on rayuba
I mean running away at the end of a book after starting a war is frankly tradition at this point.

Also I've be re-reading KSBD after I deep dove the wiki and things are making a lot more sense now, versus my initial read.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I'm not immersed in lore, what is this about Gog wanting to be human and royalty? I don't recall that in the comic, is it in the flavor text below the comics?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Arcanuse posted:

Royalty is a continuous jerking motion.

But in full seriousness, what is Royalty if not the greatest lie of YISUN?

Royalty does not exist except over the eyes of aspirants; myriad fools who will charge about as the idiot bull, seeing a world full of royalty yet cannot understand why they never reach it.

The truth is that they do nothing but play a game that cannot be won; where "victory" is always just out of reach no matter how many bodies they pile in the attempt.

Were one to gather the keys of all the demiurges, they still would not possess Royalty.

So how, then, does one achieve Royalty?

You don't. You wake up in the morning, brush off the annoying veil somehow left on your face and go cook noodles.

That is Royalty.

Now excuse me while I return to the field of high poles upon which all liar-philosophers uncomfortably sit, awaiting the unwary in search of unwisdom to ramble at

I feel enlighteningly violated.

Good job.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Is there a Zoss crew running around right now?

Every demiurge has their own retinue/following/church/cult. I can't believe Zoss wouldn't have one. I wonder if Allison could potentially tap in to whatever Zoss crew is left.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
10VG is a pretty good new ally. Didn't understand but worked to get there, acknowledged faults and mistakes made along the way and now stands side by side.

Corollary question, can Angels hijack the ashen bodies of other angels? While I know that is 10VG, could it also be another angel hijacking 10VG's armor and pretending to be him? I'm curious if it could be a future plot point or concern, rather than saying it is happening right now, mind you.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Sorry I am repeating myself but 10VG is just so, so awesome. It's really good to to see a character who is tiptoeing around getting it (ignorance but in good faith!) Finally get it.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

paradoxGentleman posted:

Dante Alighieri is the patron saint of self inserts, and I say this with a heart full of love for the guy. If anything he elevates all self-inserts, showing that they can get as good as "a cornerstone of a civilization's literature".

Thank you.

This is why I self insert into all my works. I figure if I just throw enough me at the wall, one of those well muscled, introverted but highly intelligent me's will stick to the wall and finally show MOM I'M A REAL WRITER, I DONT NEED TO STUDY ENGINEERING LIKE MY BROTHER.

That being said, could it be that Angel's have a life's mission (to become their true selves) similar to how Devil's are always trying to find their true name?

The comic makes a big fuss that Angel's and devil's are opposites, but we are finding through exploration of the comic that people do not need to pigeonhole themselves into the expectations society places on them, so why should angels and demons?

Donkringel fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 25, 2020

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
This is dumb and I shouldn't post this, but I have to.

Now that Bob has broken the gate to become the first person banned, the seal is now weaker.

Others will soon follow.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I really like Salami Dave. I know he is a tyrant masquerading as a benevolent God etc etc, but I low key hope that he reflects and is "beaten" by joining up with Alison and them and then stepping down into retirement. I dunno, woodworking or something.

Honestly I think Allison and Company NEED a demiurge on their side to break the wheel. I know the best bet is the drunken swordsmaster, but she still needs to get the key from Incubus first.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

final chapter opens with ONE YEAR LATER

pan down to the deck of the airship, where solomon david stands, in a pair of boating shorts and a hawaiian shirt, grilling and drinking a beer

*Perspective shifts to Alison's old Sorority Sisters, who are running down a street towards a bomb shelter with fearful looks on their faces. Behind them, in the sky, a giant portal swirls. Mottom's city has already passed through, followed by countless military sail ships. Fighter jets streak towards them, but some have already become unguided, flower petals streaming out of the cockpits....*

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So question, why does mottom age while none of the other demiurges do? Gog and Mammon make sense, but salami, incubus, maaayyybbbbeee jaganoth do not.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Alison just gives him the key and walks away. That's what we will all hate.

Then the next book explores why it was a bad idea and fixing it.

This is a good moral quandary though. Saed and Alison has both been told the key is for him, but Alison is the one who put the work in. Feels kind of cheap letting him take it just because. Kind of feels like "the patriarchy" levels of expectation here.

Actually wait how the gently caress does she give the key anyway? That was a whole big question in the first book the White Chain and Cio didn't know how to pry that key out of her forehead. Have they figured it out now or has the expectation been that theyll need to kill Alison to get the key out?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I was super disappointed with the masks on the merch site.

I stupidly thought they were recreations of Devil Masks and not face masks.

I am dumb and disappointed.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Holy poo poo Salami is being faced with the original choice he was given so many years ago. Stand aside as a hermit master of Ki Rata while the world moves along past him. This is nearly the same as what his original masters wanted.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Except then his world was in ruins and his people enslaved.

Yea it provides a good backdrop to his thinking on what may happen if he accepts WCs request

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

IMJack posted:

What about the 108 Stars of Destiny? Do they hole up in the ruins of Dave's waterfront property?

Also I love "Allison and the rest of the sailor scouts"

Are they still 108? Doesn't look like many are left.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I have been refreshing entirely too much today.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
How many worms survived, do ya think?

We are looking at 3 v 1 fight, when it takes 6 to match that one.

Maybe 3.5 with the scooby gang on salami side.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Side question.

How do we know Princess Jack Daniels is now a woman? Originally she was Vladok, old man ebon demon, but now she is buff fight lady. Is it ever addressed directly in the comic? Is it just her name change? She doesn't directly look feminine, but she does give the same sort of vibe WC did in her stone form where you get that intended gender feeling.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

those feathers will end up being something, like, from metatron's body

I wonder if Metatron is pulling a Gog here and controlling jag via the feathers. Careful what you put into yourself....

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

twist reveal Jagganoth is just a large incel

A giant incel would be the natural enemy of a group of powerful women.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

SardonicTyrant posted:

What if I gently caress him instead?

Oglaf and KSBD crossover?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Gog is just... Slavering there huh?

I wonder how much willpower is needed to keep from becoming a mindless terrifying mass of eat-worms.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

19 Furious Hammer Breaks the Gods

Super on the nose and blasphemous. I like it.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

The epic of Salami Dave vs Pepper-Jackonoth.

Does every demi urge have a food related nickname?

Mottomless Mucket

Honestly trying to think of ones for the others but nothing's coming.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I think confused Gog a Gog in the middle left panel is the first time we have seen her look normal and not slightly off like we have seen in the past.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So all these names are from discworld?

Does anyone know how the audiobooks are?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

GunnerJ posted:

That's the stylistic issue, it reads like a lot of worldbuilding draft notes that aren't usually intended for outside consumption, like out-takes from the K6BD version of The Silmarillion. It is not to dissimilar from how a lot of characters talk in the comic but there's something grounding about that kind of thing coming from a character placed in the world and usually with an audience of a Normal Earth Person trying to make sense of it. Lacking that it's just purple prose, to me.

I'm not going to keep defending the fact that I don't like the under text because I am not attacking anyone for liking it. But I also want to mention that the term capital-R Royalty is something I am not sure comes up in the comic (or maybe only in passing? idk) because I only remember first encountering it reading this thread. It's also something that I don't think I am missing much for not "getting" by not reading the under text because from what I can tell, as a background worldbuilding concept, it's clear enough in the way the comic shows its characters acting even without a term to put to it.

I had honestly totally missed the text in my first read through. It was checking out the SA thread and wondering wtf everyone was talking about that made me look deeper.

I still haven't read all the text, need to psyche myself up for another read-through with all the text included.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So I purchased all the physical copies of KBS6D. Book2 arrived yesterday and I read through it. It had two very good snippets from "The Song of Maybe"

Okay so maybe I ought to read the under-text for it. It's good.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
You know, I totally skimmed passed having metatrons keys tortured outta him.

Man I know he is divine and everything but how much torture would you need to apply to extract 777777 divine words, one by one? Surely there is resistance.

Metatron my be hella crazy and broken y'all.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Demiurge4 posted:

I just copy the greatest hits from the discord server, lmao.

I am hearing "We are Number One!" Being tootled.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Pretty sure people aren't objecting to the destruction of the stadium itself so much as they're objecting to all the people killed as collateral damage.

Protesters: That stadium will should be demolished to make room for an orphanage!

Jagganoth: I will do BOTH.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Question, is there a rhyme or rationale for Gog's speech bubble changes? There are times when it looks written by a child and times when it is more normal. Is it like clown gog vs beast gog?

I always read the scrawls in a drugged out, loopy voice in my head.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

GunnerJ posted:

Must suck to get stuck with the keys to a bunch of universes that just contain like a single rock or a nice house or something.

That would be an interesting side story. A demiurge with keys to these useless places, key word of "bullshit".

"You want to know what my largest world is? An unending plane of farting asses. Just rear end and gas as far as the eye can see! What kind of rear end in a top hat God tells that story?!"

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

ThaumPenguin posted:

Zoss's conquest of heaven was simply the result of his natural tall person instinct of entering a blind rage upon seeing people who have the audacity to be taller than him

I feel this all the time!

Maybe I too can become royalty.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Question; In book 3 when Alisson is trapped in her mind space by her ruthless personality, she summons incubus. Incubus is there and explains the problem and then his secretary lets him know of a separate problem.

Is his secretary just him again in a sexy secretary outfit?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

thechosenone posted:

His head looks like a weird-rear end tadpole.

no offense intended Abbadon

Looks more like the sperm that becomes a serial killer.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Needs Allison and Co running up as the finishing panel.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

I just now noticed that woman tied up in the right hand corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

Mottom, one of the strongest beings in the universe, doesn't have an answer to an arrow?

That was not an arrow, it was a Jaggarrow.