Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
METATRON LIVES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
I've been wondering how a blue demon could have stolen a key, and also why she was so unique when most of the blue demons we've seen are so similar looking.

It seems dear Cio wasn't always blue.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
Quick thinking Allison.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

wiegieman posted:

Preem Nand is a Servant who summoned a Devil into himself for more power because he's crazy.

Not that we know this from the comic. Operant/Abbadon said it elsewhere. Also, we know very little about Servants in general. The Grand Dragon, one of the Demiurges is one. We don't know much about him either, other than his associated sin being greed.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-2/

l love the irony that Vladok now being made into a Crimson devil.

Seeing as he started as a Crimson, was mistaken as an Ebon outside of universe, and was promoted to Ebon because that confusion inspired Operant.

How better could a devil trick a human into promoting them?

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

wiegieman posted:

His first appearance, but it was barely red so everyone thought he was an Ebon and Operant rolled with it.

He was also covered in fur, as red devils are supposed to be, and he looked quite like a sketch that had been posted on his tumblr. Though some things have changed.

If it makes you feel better, consider that Yisun is maybe lying to you instead.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
I have a coat.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
I wonder if Ingsvld, Geas knight is storing his head in his book.

Or if Cio wandered off with his head. Either is good.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Affi posted:

Okay so just binged on this. Man I love it.

The webcomics thread said it best.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Captain Bravo posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons is so loving good, you guys.
It bears repeating occasionally because there are still people who don't know that Kill Six Billion Demons is so loving good.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Hiveminded posted:

There is a hidden page here: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-79/
ctrl-a, and look right above the offering arrows.

Don't wear it out.

e: actually I don't trust goons to do simple things correctly, here's the link itself: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/who.jpg

I'd seen that before, and always wondered where it was linked from. I figured it was some hidden tumblr thing.

I'm going to miss naive Alisson.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Green Intern posted:

It sure was nice for that one guard's kid to make a finger-bangle for him! What a good working environment!

Clearly he comes from a world where the Arts of War 2: Crafts of War was a smashing success.

PS:link is SFW, but oglaf can be very :nws:.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
True royalty does not bow.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
I could only phone browse while the April fools comic was up, does anyone recall the alt text?

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
Allison, pretty little shrub, or soon to be human weapon sent to die against Jagganoth? (as long as neither he nor anyone else gets her key)

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
The latest comic kind of makes me wonder, how long has Jagganoth been as powerful as he has?

From Mottom's words, it seems that it must be a relatively recent thing. But then, why was he allowed to gain it? Such a stalemate kind of relies on smacking down anyone who would disrupt it. Were the demiurges so scared of starting off war that they let him build himself up, or did he do it in secret, one day appearing as he now does?

Somewhere there's a comment that the last time the demiurges met, an event of great import happened, with a clue to look at the table infront of where one sat. I think it's on the tumblr. But there's a very broken area in front of Jagganoth's position. Perhaps there is when and where he first revealed his power.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

jsoh posted:

isnt allisons earth also not our earth? i remember something about australia not existing or something like that

They're missing Australia. Maybe.

So the reason it's escaped notice is that everyone travels by gates that are opened by keys. The gate to earth is locked now, who knows where the key is. Allison currently has the master key that can open or close any gaye.

Also the demiurges have 111,111 world apiece, so they can also overlook a world for a long time.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Most probably that was a gag. It seems like Allison is from an Earth that is exactly like our Earth but isn't ours.

We're often the universe that's missing New Zealand, so there is precedent.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Operant posted:

Hey nerds, it's me, KSBD guy (Tom/Abbadon).

Image just put up the promotion for the book coming out so I guess it's a good idea as any to pop in the thread if you guys have any questions, wild speculation, etc you want to throw my way.

No question, I just love your comic, and wanted to say so.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

thechosenone posted:

Hey guys, how powerful would Don Quixote be in KSBD?

He'd probably take down a windmill or two.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
Just gonna add some bolding.

Poltergrift posted:

Which leaves Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire as Mercury.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Poltergrift posted:

The dog is sitting in Mottomfield's spot, so Mottomfield uses the Red-White Art to PERISH her into a lump of writhing worms and kicks them off the table.

"This is my spot, Dog-Agog," she says.

Sorry for the interruption, but in the continuing comic the part of Zoss will be played by John Arbuckle.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
Still a great comic.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

As someone who hasn't read any of the prototype, I'd be interested in hearing more about this.

So I only read it once, and it was quite a while ago, but I'll give it my best.

Prototype Allison was very repressed. Not just about sexuality, but about basically everything about herself. She was smart, and she was playing the part of the dumb sorority sister. You still see echos of that personality in current Allison, things like how her friend said she didn't know where the old kind of pudgy girl who really liked sailor moon went, possibly getting lost on her way to the gym. You also see it in her blonde hair dye. The whole of Mottom's backstory is also an echo of this. "The jewel must glimmer."

Back to prototype Allison though. So, the MSPA comic was basically a forum game. Operant would draw and write an update, and solicit responses, and good ones would be used to lead the comic along. You'd get the peanut gallery saying things how hot the girls are and that Allison should kiss them, and people people playing with the dumb sorority sister conceit saying how books are dumb, and how boys are hot, and Allison's monologue would pipe up with things like boys are super hot and I totally have tons of sex, and books are dumb and I'm totally not a virgin and of course my sisters are hot, they're my sorority sisters and we're all hot as little throwaway lines. People noticed pretty early just how forced Allison's inner dialog was, and continued to needle her with lesbian comments (and books and boys etc). The very beginning of the comic has her poolside with a philosophy book hidden in a Cosmo knockoff.

Anyway, fast forward to very near the end, and she's in a battle with a powerful demon, and is mostly being controlled by a magic parasite that's giving her tons of power. The parasite is needling her with similar comments to the forum posters to keep her under control, but Allison snaps out of it, seizes control of this power and shouts "I AM NOT A LESBIAN!" before collapsing.

I think it was the only time she even says the word lesbian, the rest of the time is just more like, I totally like guys, and other deflections. (There might have been trailing off with the word half said, or in subscript.)

SunAndSpring posted:

Yeah but the old comic was pretty silly and heavy on the cheesecake, while new K6BD is more serious. I feel like old Allison was lesbian simply because girl-on-girl titillated the audience.

I'm sure that's why it was first suggested, but repression was basically the theme of the prototype, and it fit really well into Allison's character.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Inglonias posted:

I am suddenly very glad that I can't find this prototype.

Sorry about that.

Operant is a really good storyteller, and I'm not. The other thing that the prototype had going for it was it's presentation. It took huge advantage of the interactive nature of the forum gameness. Despite it's improve nature, it still had great art. I also skipped over basically all the interesting world building and interesting concepts to focus on who prototype Allison was. Similar to Allison in the first half of Book 1, prototype Allison was something that events happened to, not someone who did events, and it ended basically right when she had first seized any initiative. Consider if KSBD had ended when Allison was shoved out the window after pulling out White Chain's needle.

All that said, the overall tone was quite different, very comedic, much more cheesecake with a side of body horror.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Korgan posted:

If some of the replacements aren't those guards who got drawn into the pursuer fight in the castle I'll be very cross :mad:

Crate of Teacups. :colbert:

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
I'll be disappointed if there's not exactly 108 of you there.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

who says there's other mornings

does this apply to everything or just people. Like, if you blow out a tire do you no longer recognize your own car, cause yours was easier to steer?

Is it still your car when you wreck it?

How about after it's crushed into a steel cube?

How about when it's molten down?

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
If it makes you feel better, I still wish you wouldn't post them, and went ugh when you did. It wasn't really worth saying anything until you asked, though.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
So, we have the yellow city ex-moon of throne, which was destroyed. Apparently by being apparently by being flung off into the void. Now the text talks about the blue city. What other colorful cities do we have?

Which ones missed out? Violet? Indigo???

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

M. Propagandalf posted:

Person Man, Person Man,
Shoved in the head: a succession plan?
Flies around in a junk boat can
Person Man

This one was pretty great too.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

PetraCore posted:

EDIT: Solomon David, my man, I can't help but notice all your advisers seem to be men.

Size of your beard determines seniority on the council.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It's entirely possible at least one of them is, in fact, a lady with a prosthetic beard. Let's get all Lhankhor Mhy on this poo poo.

I was hoping for this as well.

Alas.

Anonymous posted:

Are all of Solomon David's councilors men?

Abbadon posted:

Yes, absolutely

So sad. Perhaps poor Solomon David has issues with women.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Paramemetic posted:

They not only get a bigger number, but an increasing number of scare quotes.

53 """""Not""""" "To" """"Be"""" """"""""hosed"""""""" """"With""""

The number of scare quotes is the number preceding the name.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

CitizenKeen posted:

So I definitely read it as Michael being #2. So rather, it's just Michael's only died once. Huh.

To Zoss. When he came in and killed all of the prime angels.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Oneiros posted:

They’re not cowards, they just don’t. care.

At best they think of humanity as a mutt that made a mess on the floor but is kinda cute so they don’t tie it in a bag and toss it off a bridge. At worst, well, you have the thorns.

They just don’t see much point in upholding the law when the gods are dead and there’s little to no direct consequence to them regardless.

There is the old law that Koss baked into them. Then there's the new compact they had with the demiurges. Many of the angels consider it to be broken, with their war. Considering their leader is one of them, well...

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm not really sure to what extent you can define something as psychologically unhealthy for a society of beings of pure order who live and die in an infinite cosmic cycle.

I donno, White Chain sure seems like she could be healthier to me.

Not to mention the nothing matters of Michael,the almost Stockholm syndrome of Metatron, or the omnicidalness, and if the brief look of a very feminine and human face is anything to go by self hating, Juggernaut.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
The first words that Juggernaut says to White Chain are "Hello, deviant."

For context, this immediately follows the page where White Chain asks what does it matter if she feels feminine.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

Violence is pointless, and only begets more violence and suffering. Think of the Very Wise Frog.

Very wise frog recognized that violence was inescapable, and use it to:

Clown someone who thought that he could run from violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Joe Slowboat posted:

Oh, that's annoying, I misremembered it. I like that a lot less, that one is just a busybody who refuses to accept that it can't fix people by superintelligencing at them, not Royal at all.

I'm quite sure you remembered correctly.

An excerpt from the end of Excession:

quote:

They looked around, in the midst of an undreamt splendour.

~ Now this was a view worth risking everything for, the Grey Area sent.

~ I think we can all agree with that, agreed the Peace Makes Plenty.

~ If they could see us now… mused the Break Even.