Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Alison just admitted she's not ready to be Cio's girlfriend and already they're exploring a whole new level of intimacy. I can't wait to see how this pans out. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
My libido was not ready for this.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

nimby posted:

Alcohol is a devil, not a demon.

Tony Stark disagrees.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Because there's always someone asking for the alt text; "Never underestimate the cunning of Angels. Don't get me wrong, they don't have more than an ounce of subtelty in their whole bleedin' body. But what they do have will knock you on your feet, mate."

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

ElMaligno posted:

10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon says trans rights

I'm not even going to pretend I can meaningfully speculate on how this is going to go, but by golly I'm enjoying that massive frame of gently caress YEAH right now.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Josef bugman posted:

I assume that one of the big problems with the various Demiruges is that they don't have folks around them to talk stuff through. White Chain and Cio seem to be helping Alison to see the changes and try to resolve them, and by so doing change her and themselves.

The Demiruges (despite all the outward growth of power) never actually change. They remain and are static, if not in powers then in personality. I think if anything this comic is trying to show the power that comes from change.

YISUN's favourite student was the Master of Want whose greed and hunger for what others had drove them to constant change.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Xarbala posted:

Now that's what I call a splash page

:golfclap:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I can see it now. Salami Dude and Alison settling their differences with a Monkey Island fencing match. "How appropriate, you fight like a cow."

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I know there's a lot to dissect in these panels, but all I can think about is Meti's awesome story in the text. Took a poo poo, killed thirty-five master swordsmen with a piece of driftwood, had clams for dinner.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Tulip posted:

It's very much that point Tolstoy made that, in a battle of wits, the peasant will beat the scholar, because the peasant is not wracked with confusion and doubt.

I mean of course Musashi said a similar thing but I can't recall the quote nearly as closely.

Hmm, maybe this ties into the main story. Is Slam Dunk about to lose by being distracted by his extensive philosophical musings on the use of raw strength to secure political power?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
HUGE MUSCLES. CARPENTER BRUT.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

:golfclap:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Motherfucker posted:

The next shot is just a panel of gogs screaming in various states of amazement and shock.

Now THATS entertainment folks!!!

Except that one Gog-Agog who was drooling at the sight of Allicio will now be full-on ahegao face.

Wyld Karde fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 3, 2020

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Mindblast posted:

I'm :allears: to find out which one of you got close to figuring it out.

Me too, but be ready for the answer to be 'none of us'.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
The rings have fallen. Solar Dude's image of perfection is marred. Drop of blood or no, he is no longer the divine untouchable god-king.
It's just as White Chain said; she didn't have to beat him in order to win.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

violent sex idiot posted:

how did it take me until today to realize the devils in the gang are jack and coke

... god dammit.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
No matter how we try, truly we cannot keep down the clown.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Demiurge4 posted:

What if the thing we're gonna hate is that White Chain isn't gay?

I think it's a sign I'm getting older, but human White Chain is triggering my paternal instincts. Gay, straight, ace, bi, pan, whatever, I just want my pretty girl to be happy. :blush:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Oxxidation posted:

vigilant gaze striding through the rayuban guard, using two of his arms to pummel attackers senseless and the other two to bring white chain a snuggly overcoat and some snacks

Today's 'called it' award goes to you, it seems. But without the need for violence.

Kangxi posted:

it's her :unsmith:

And she's adorable.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Captain Oblivious posted:

Was coming here to post about the insufficient appreciation for this part.

There's a lot of d'aww and feels going on right now. We'll get to it.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I love how Cio's tail is wagging while she ponders. Devil gal just loves a mystery.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Donkringel posted:

That being said, could it be that Angel's have a life's mission (to become their true selves) similar to how Devil's are always trying to find their true name?

The comic makes a big fuss that Angel's and devil's are opposites, but we are finding through exploration of the comic that people do not need to pigeonhole themselves into the expectations society places on them, so why should angels and demons?

Demons seek change, to grow and become more than they are.
Angels are static and shun change, convinced of their existing perfection as God's agents.

That is how they are opposed.

Cio and White Chain both reject these stereotypes, Cio in not wanting to become her former Black hued self, and White Chain by embracing change to become better than she is.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
So glad to see we got a happy ending with no sudden twist that we're going to hate.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

W.T. Fits posted:

Speaking as someone who grew up speaking English as my native tongue, this is all an absolutely fair and correct assessment. :hmmyes:

I forget where, but sometime either in high school or college, I heard it said that English doesn't borrow words from other languages, it drags other languages into dark alleys, beats them up, then rifles through their pockets looking for loose grammar.

I'm pretty sure that's from Terry Pratchett. Might be Douglas Adams. Both men who knew and loved their native tongue for the wanton whore that it is.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Zero_Tactility posted:

I could have sworn it was Pratchett (it's got that bite that a lot of his writing does), but apparently it was James Nicoll.

I sit corrected. It's late, I can't be bothered to stand.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

MikeJF posted:

That's what we thought about paranatural.

My thought exactly.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
This thread. This loving thread. :allears:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

SardonicTyrant posted:

All other comics: Great! Delays! :(
Kill Six Billion Demons: Great! Delays! :)

I just hope the Homestuck influences don't extend to a year-long hiatus.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
47 Ardent Tree Punctures the Virtuous

I didn't know Mottom's husband was an angel.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

shirts and skins posted:

From here on out it's just gonna be Chekov's Guns blasting like the finale of the 1812 Overture

I just want to take a moment to enjoy this wonderful metaphor. :allears:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Ridcully did actually talk to birds though. Usually he said "Winged yer, ya bastard!"

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Sometimes it's just nice to have a good, old fashioned, loquacious monologue. No, "I did it thirty-five minutes ago" subversion, no pithy "No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!", just an antagonist laying it all out at length and making sure everyone knows exactly what's going down and why.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Makes sense. If these people were able to work together they wouldn't have needed a pact in the first place.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Gnome de plume posted:

Oh good, someone's come to stop the destruction being unleashed on the city by unleashing destruction on the city

It's the Reapers all over again.

Still a little salty about that ending even after all these years.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Phew. Glad that's over with. Now we can get into the far more important matter of White Chain's future fashion choices. Maybe something in saffron?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1370175109458243592

Oh... oh my. :sweatdrop:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I have no idea where this is going, but I am so here for it. :suspense:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Yeah, our pal isn't clowning around anymore.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
So many angry clowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Bilirubin posted:

Decided that the voice of Gog-Agog is that of Jane Horrocks' character Bubble from AbFab

Headcanon accepted. :hmmyes: