Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Thesaurasaurus posted:

It might be that Michael was the only Prime to reincarnate as a Prime, while the others further splintered into lesser shards of the Cold White Flame that are the bulk of present-day angels. But yeah, I'm pretty sure that angels only die (and go up a numbered prefix) when they're slain in the Void, and the destruction of their physical vessels is just a serious inconvenience, like getting evicted from a house or apartment.
I don't think White chain has managed to die 82 times in the void.

I think that Michael as the only reincarnated prime hints at some deeper issue within the angels, and your guess is good, but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Angels are pretty bad rear end

Vigilant Gaze doesn't seem to imply 79 or 82 are particularly anomalous numbers. I get the feeling the active, remaining peace keepers have it pretty rough.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

As someone pointed out earlier, Metatron in the void is shown bleeding out of his shell. I'm not sure if we're in the void with Delicious, but there is a callback to the image of Metatron being impaled by spears and bleeding there, too.

Also their life cycle seems to imply they start as vapor then condense into something heavier then grow gigantic. It is interesting in how it sort of resembles stellar life cycles.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ixjuvin posted:

I wonder why Big Z didn't finish him off once he got the Names out of Metatron.
Might have made a mistake in terms of how difficult it is to kill a prime angel in the void that wasn't killed outside the void or some other inconsistency

He doesn't exactly look like he's in great shape still

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Thorns in the concordance (or wherever Michael was) all had different appearances.

I kinda wonder if it's an artistic choice, or if they're all the same person... Or perhaps joining with the Thorns isn't a voluntary process and this is how they look in the void because of that

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Maybe it has to do with their relative power or experience?

Has he ever hinted at what happens to a demon when they're ousted from Throne as Angels are?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I wondered if there was some way of faking being lower ranked, given she seems pretty powerful. Didn't occur to me they could demote.

Now I'm more confused. But in a good way. This gosh darn webcomic.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think the implication is he's fading as an ebon and this is him saying gently caress it, I'd rather die than go down a notch through serving this midge. The red implies the name "fades" a bit back, ya?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I love this comic. I love the fact she grabbed a mask and is now running toward Vladok Unbound with her screaming AAAAAAA trailing behind her.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's the opposite. It is becoming solid around the mask. The liquid is trying to pull away from the binding properties of the mask.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think white chain had some previous involvement with Cio, actually, the implication was seeing her again

Maybe we'll get some crazy flashback heist story down the line

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Quinton posted:

The phrasing of eternal life as a *condition* of the offer is interesting here...
In the context of how horrified she is at her own existence? It fits the self-loathing

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

*does fukken wikkid burnouts all over Mottoms parking lot* METATRON LIVES! WOOOO!
Am I supposed to envision him spelling it in burnouts

because that's what I see

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I kinda wonder if we're meant to take meaning from him using pliers when Alison just pulled the needle out barehanded. I mean they're probably not the same thing, but the visual emphasis made me think.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I feel like there's an angle of both "the seven need to die" but also "the seven are seriously hosed up people so don't feel too good about that".

And this is why K6BD is so good.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Nah, the minute she said see my husband I felt like we were going somewhere like this but the visuals are definitely .... powerful

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It might be that his power is connected to her power, and she's showing this to demonstrate her original point about how hosed up the path in front of her is, and/or we're seeing foreshadowing about a connection to Zoss?

Or maybe she just really like butt fruits.

Poltergrift posted:

[Also, just realized why Hastet-Om is constantly calling for more wives
Or he was eating them before he died, but your interpretation is harder hitting.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like how no matter what nothing in this comic ever goes quite how I expected

except it is always glorious

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Old Man Mozz posted:

I love you and I love this comic
Seriously.

This is how I love this comic: I try to keep myself from mashing updates on most narrative driven webcomics or manga. I find it maddening. I tell myself I'm going to shelve K6BD for a couple months at a time... But I can't do it. I'm back to f5ing the webcomic around every possible update time.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I was surprised Allison actually remembered the name at all, I was expecting a "what's your name?" moment. Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound!
Maybe there's some sort of contract element at play here

Because yeah she was quite drunk at the time

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm still laughing at the scene where the guy is reading the prophecy of the successor off of Jadis's ice block and he keeps saying "he" and Jadis is just trying her best to correct him and say "she" but all she can manage is S-S-S-S-S
The panels go "He is the successor" and then "s-s-s-s-s-s" so I think she's actually stuttering on the possessive

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Every once and a while you look at a completed page and go "yeah he had fun drawing that"

I am so hype for this

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That's basically the perfect Aesma response, why you guys gotta ruin it

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Malpais Legate posted:

Okay so this page shows Zoss and the 7. Is that supposed to be literal? I'm trying to make sense of the timeline. I was under the impression that the war that the Seven won and split creation over was after he vanished.
It just shows them hanging out when they're younger, maybe Zoss hung out with his demiurge bros back in peace time

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't think anyone was on the same tier as him, since the act of breaching was itself a huge breakthrough that allowed lesser attempts to make it.

Where was it stated they're all 3rd gen?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's universes. The 777,777 gods looked out from throne and wove a yarn that became a universe.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It basically seems to update just after midnight est in the morning of wednesday and saturday, yeah.

When was the last time we got a third strip in a week? The patreon still mentions 10 a month, but I can't remember the last time we saw that.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JT Jag posted:

He probably wasn't always that big. Being directly attuned to creation itself really helps you get riiiiiipped.
He definitely wasn't. I assume this http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-4-76/ is from directly into the post-war era (given five of them still look prepared for battle), and he's about twice Solomon's size.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I lost it at "can kill with knees"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah I don't think you drag a corpse in front of the council and argue with them with it all pinned up like that, but I don't know, this comic is pretty drat metal

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I do wonder if we're supposed to take his ascension as him buying his key near the end of the war, or if he bought his key at the beginning of the war and used his other resources to take an ever increasing chunk of the cosmos. I'm assuming the latter.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The chain symbolizes both ends of the slavery relationship. One of which she is expressing regret for in that exact panel.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cio has done some good and helped her in useful ways, she's not all negative.

But I don't think the point of this story is to write out the tale of the perfectly wonderful risen king. Nadia Om was evil but a little pitiable. I don't think we're getting the end without disliking the main character a least a little.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

After the second panel all I could hear is Cio saying "Wah! What are we going to do on the bed?"
It took me like an hour to realize why POMF made me raise an eyebrow but yeah

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ThaumPenguin posted:

who do you want to meet in a dark alley
Purveyors of certain kinds of good that aren't the good kind

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Magnus Manfist posted:

Obviously it's not clear what Mathangi's motivation is in general, kind of looks like she was planning on following Alison but finally got so annoyed with this spiky nerd she just had to go and wreck him first
I assume her motivation is buried back behind six drinks and the fact she not so secretly enjoys cutting things

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

99% of this thread's readers would prefer that a poo poo comic's poo poo characters are confined to its poo poo thread.
Yeah, this. It's already overdone.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ixjuvin posted:

sonic_spindash.wav
Haha gently caress, that's perfect

Someone needs to romhack Juggs into Sonic 3

I don't know why but Juggs on the barrel would kill me with laughter

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

PMush Perfect posted:

A pro-tip for any would-be webcomic writers out there. Worldbuilding wordvomit is only barely acceptable in the first arc. Still having those ten real-life years later? Yeah, gently caress that.
I think the funniest thing is it's JUST wordvomit, it really never came off that he had much of a plan or actual game in mind out of book 1.

White Coke posted:

Are those scars covering his body, or just giant blood vessels?
I'm seeing scars, but after playing a hundred hours of witcher 3 and reading Incubus is a swordsman, I'm just imagining he's Geralt as gently caress.

He's probably a refer to something else though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah should anyway except no that didn't actually work that way.