Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Casyl posted:

Traditional Jedi robes

What chest is that for the traditional Jedi robe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Hey, good tip. I never took much notice of that set.

Edit: Good belt for a Jedi, too. I'll probably just buy the set on the cartel market next time there's a sale.

Diabolist's gloves and boots are also good.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is 12x ending tonight or on the 27th?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Tuskin38 posted:

I may have a way to leave school early. Last class is pretty much do assignment and leave

Don't be a fool, stay in school.

And remember: crack is whack.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've found I'm not getting quest rewards consistently and the contacts at the base aren't recognizing I have (by now a crapton) of materials to give them. Oh well, maybe it'll get fixed in the patch? Otherwise this expansion has been the bee's knees. It's a shame the game hasn't been like this from day one.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SKY COQ posted:

The more I play Fallen Empire, the more I wish Zakuul was the hidden empire Revan and the Exile went off to fight at the end of KOTOR 2. It's so much better as a weird empire from beyond the stars than Sith Empire #237

It may be that your idea was Bioware's plan, but Lucasarts wouldn't allow it while George was still in charge. They've been given a lot more latitude now that they're under Disney to create new ideas and planets.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cythereal posted:

I agree with most of this, and have some additional thoughts of my own:

The biggest problem with Scorpio and T7, I think, is that they don't do anything in the story beyond vaguely described tech stuff. They aren't characters at all unless you're already familiar with them from the Jedi Knight and Imperial Agent, and personally I think both of their roles could and probably should have been filled by Theron.

Scorpio in particular is clearly there to set up something involving the Eternal Fleet, but that plot thread is dropped immediately upon introduction. It's an interesting concept, but you're given no time to think about it because you're immediately whisked away to Asylum because the story still has to cram in finishing Heskal's barely existent subplot, upping the stakes, and making the bad guys a direct threat.

KotFE at present feels like an extended opening planet sort of deal, quickly introducing major plot elements and characters before opening up to let you start exploring and sidequesting. That's not really a good sign, considering we're more than halfway through the KotFE story according to the Bioware website.

I've got this idea that the Gravestone is the ship Valkorion road in on, and maybe the Star Cabal was all a big con orchestrated by him as well. It makes sense given that the Star Cabal was founded at the end of the Great Hyperspace War, which is when Vitiate was supposed to have decamped to the Unknown Regions. I wonder if the Dark Sanctuary is his real body or something. Looks like a big turd with canisters stuck in it.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Guys does Riposte/Retaliate have any place in the rotation of a DPS Guardian/Juggernaut? Seems like it never procs. My Juggernaut is tank spec so I rolled my Guardian as DPS, but I feel like I'm doing it wrong. Also is there ever a crushing blow equivalent that procs off of the equivalent of Aegis Strike to become an AoE?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

Everybody wants to be Darth Vader, and nobody wants to be Luke :sigh:

What temperature is it inside a Tauntaun?

Lukewarm! :haw:

It doesn't help that the writing and voice acting for the Jedi classes totally blows. They could have done not to make them bland Dudley-Do-Rights. Obi-Wan in both incarnations at least had liveliness and character in his voice.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Berke Negri posted:

Actually, it owns, because while I think highly of the base SWTOR story they definitely went maybe a bit too heavy on being "iconic" with references to the star wars movies in a way KOTOR didn't even really do.

I wish they and all the rest of the EU would knock it off with the ubiquity of carbon freezing.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is it just me or is the "get revived here" option gone?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Are you dying in a Star Fortress?

I've died a handful of times across multiple planets on my 1-50 run and I'm not getting the message anymore.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite thing from KOTFE is where you're about to fight Arcann and you say to Valkorion "it's showtime" like he's goddamn Beetlejuice.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Thumbtacks posted:

You get 6x xp in flashpoints?

I think the whole 6x xp thing was a misnomer, you get boatloads of XP from everything now, even heroics, because of level scaling.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Please, that's nothing. You ain't lived took you've waited 45 minutes for a boat, to take a 30 minute boat ride, only to fall off at the end because you're on dial up and you zoned too slow.

Is that original EQ?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any way to still get the Deceiver 198 gear that used to be on the Ultimate Comm Vendor? I really liked that head piece and didn't know it was going the way of the dodo.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Well let's hope they find that sweet spot, because one of the only reasons the new content works at all is that companions are so insanely overpowered. If we go back to being on par with every planet with old style companions it's going to make the whole game a major slog. Also poo poo I guess I should've finished all the Star Fortresses sooner.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I just found out that George Lucas changes the name of Korriban to Moraband in The Clone Wars which seems kinda crappy. Legitimately the only good thing to come out of the old EU was Tales of the Jedi and it doesn't get full recognition. It's nice I guess that in a lot of ways it remained the same, i.e. it's still a red planet and still has a Valley of the Dark Lords, but what was George Lucas still doing making story decisions on Star Wars stuff in March, 2014?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Defiance Industries posted:

Maybe in 4,000 years the name changed? It can happen In a much shorter time especially when the place is lost.

Another thing I learned is that it's apparently canon now that the "Old Republic" is not just an older iteration of the Republic but a completely separate entity that fell 1,000 years before the formation of the Galactic Republic of the films. And the Sith and Jedi officially diverged at that point and not far earlier as had been previously established. So it's likely that Sith ever having been a distinct species at all is out.

Also it's seeming more and more likely as the new Marvel EU is chugging along that SWTOR is not going to get recognized as canon. Too much baggage from the old EU tangled up in there and if they accept the game they have to accept Tales of the Jedi and a bunch of other Dark Horse stuff along with it. Not that it matters that much but it does kind of suck to think something that used to feel part of a larger universe is now this disowned vestigial Elseworlds thing that the main arm no longer acknowledges.

In the run up to the new expansion I had expected that the Imperials and Republic would merge and become the latter day Republic as a result of the war with Zakuul, giving the Pubs the Bomarr Eight Spoke Wheel roundel and evil guy British accents for Coruscanti people. That would have been neat and even made a lot of sense.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's all fictional, and your experience before and after a canonical decree does not have to change.

Like I said, part of the enjoyment is the shared universe. Not attempting to rehabilitate the game in terms of the lore of the rest of the series takes you out of the experience, and it'll only get worse as the old EU and the new canon get more and more out of sync as a result of the old stuff being discarded and ignored.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean, it doesn't take me out of the experience.

I thought the point of the Old Republic setting being millennia before the films was to allow them to do whatever, without needing to worry about slotting into the main storyline. Revan wasn't going to have an impact on the main series before, and he isn't going to have one now, so on a practical level nothing has really changed beside some checkbox in a Disney spreadsheet.

If anything, narrative-wise BioWare has certainly disappointed by taking a big poo poo all over Revan and the Exile, and that was something they could do regardless of Disney canon law

What I'm saying is that the new canon has truncated the timeline. The idea that the Sith only branched off around 1,000 BBY explicitly invalidates pretty much all stories prior to that date. They didn't have to do that but they did (like you said it was 5,000 years ago and doesn't matter), so that has to tell you something about their attitude and intent towards ongoing legacy EU stuff going forward. It's not as though Story Group isn't aware of this stuff but they're making decisions invalidating old lore anyway.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Okay I reread the Wookiepedia entry and apparently they haven't bumped up the Sith schism to 1,000 BBY. I was thinking of the New Sith Wars and the Ruusan Reformation or whatever lame poo poo Darth Bane came from. So it's actually I guess a little more cohesive save for the fact that the Old Republic that collapsed and the Galactic Republic that succeeded it are portrayed as being entirely identical.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is the server down or something? I locked up creating a BH now I can't get back in.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

JC is down, yeah.

Well poo poo.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

shadok posted:

Some people are reporting a 3-hour rollback, but I was on my Warrior hunting trophies on Hoth for Qyzen's recruitment mission right up to the shutdown, and I didn't lose a single one.

I lost at least the last 30 minutes of play. It doesn't seem like things are very stable lately. First the corpse thing and now servers are going down for random restarts.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'm kinda done with the game. The wait between the expansion and the subsequent chapters has been too long and I feel like they're probably not going to have much substance to them because they have to keep milking this thing.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Orgophlax posted:

Do Jedi Knights suck, or did I somehow completely bone my character?

Trying to do a heroic solo on Nar Shaada, I'm 6 levels over planetary max yet I'm getting my rear end handed to me by the big boss. My BH & agent have no problems soloing heroics.

I noticed the other night that something had suddenly happened with my level 32 affection companion where she would just stop healing herself and me for several minutes at a time even if I had pulled all the aggro getting us both killed. It started happening pretty much out of the blue. I'm also running into a lot of bugged heroics lately where interactable objects don't spawn at all and I have to change instances to get them to even show up. Maybe I'm just unlucky but it seems like there are more and more problems with the stability of the game.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

What do you guys think would be better in PvP for a blaster? Old 168 PvP one or a bolstered 190 one?

Trick question, you said the second one is bolstered so it's already at optimal stats.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Bob NewSCART posted:

You got that all from one crate?

I got the rancor, monocycle, and the main/offhand vibroswords. No Zakuul Knight Captain armor though, guess I'll have to hit the GCN.

The droprates for new items is really low now with their Grand Chance Cube crap in there, I guess that will drive demand up initially but the continued availability through grand chance cubes will keep prices stable overall. Or flood the market with more crap than anyone could ever buy driving prices down? Who knows?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This latest chapter was pretty underwhelming. When's the next one coming?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So with the pattern so far it seems like the headline characters for each new chapter are going to be each class' respective first companion?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This chapter...yeesh. Not great. One buggy 30 minute mission, no alliance alerts (even though they're just fetch quest fluff), arena still hasn't been released, crates are still hosed. They really don't seem to be making a case for renewing my sub.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nonentity posted:

So. This is my gift to you.

As well as

And

And also

Do those have standard blade animations or are they also Kylo blades?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Did I hit a bug or does this chapter end on a really abrupt cliffhanger? That by the looks of the description for the next chapter doesn't get resolved?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Nonentity, can I make a request for a saber model? I'd really like to see a classic KOTOR style saber hilt: just a plain old chrome tube with a tiny amount of detail.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Okay I'm pretty sure I've done enough testing to confirm that buying Hypercrates is a terrible idea. I bought tow of the new Hypercrates and got jack poo poo.

Bought a Supercrate and got the Droid companion and the Acklay. This is like the last two packs where anything good I got was in the Supercrate and not the Hypercrate.

I guess what I'm saying is I have too many credits.

Until they fix the crates it's pointless buying them. I always get 40 of the same thing and the rest are all chance cubes. Between that and how short and content light the episodes are I think I might unsub for a while and let a few episodes accumulate. Maybe they're better played in rapid succession.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I wonder what Valkorian's plan, motivation and/or ultimate goal is? At the beginning of KotFE he's won, he's the ultimate power in the universe. Then he takes a fall (no I don't believe for a second Arcann got the upper hand on him) and aligns himself with the PC for...reasons apparently. I consider taking down Arcann to be a red herring to whatever Valkorian is actually doing.

I don't think they actually know yet

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Fojar38 posted:

Kaliyo is starting to bother me. She is a little bit too huge an rear end in a top hat to be constantly getting away with it, consequence-free at this point.

I was hoping I'd get to ice her at the end of her stupid chapter rather than just having the option to talk her down. Oh well. Hopefully we still get to kill Doctor Quinn Medicine Woman when he shows up.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Colonial Air Force posted:

There is a chance after this current chapter that Kaliyo could be in peril.

Yah but in a way that is totally going to bone us, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah me too.

• Locked thread