Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Any new designs you want to give us in honor of the new thread? :D

Nothing will top The Log.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've just been using a companion with my same mainstat and giving hand me downs. Granted not every class has one, but I think most have at least one...

Or you could do what I did and slap aim 190 Ziost gear into a legacy set, then just trade it to whoever you're on at the time.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

For a companion? ...why not use the legacy Yavin 192 gear?

Since when does Yavin give you 192 gear? I thought it was only 186.

E: I seem to have found it. Well then.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 9, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

You scare me sometimes. :D

Now, not that it matters since companions don't need gear in a week and a half anyway.

You scare me all the time, so it's only proper that I return the favor.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Yeah, just remember there's a lot of new people coming to the game with KOTFE that might not have seen the storylines so spoiler when in doubt.

Examples -

Okay to not spoiler - "I really love the dark side choice the BH gets to make on Alderaan with the nobles."

Should spoiler - "Whoah, I can't believe the Jedi Knight has to fight the XXX at the end of his act 3!

They changed the JK storyline to make you fight Vin Diesel/Ice Cube?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

I really need to start paying better attention to my GTN sales. :( I guess I should have just given this to you, Rouncer.

Wow, you got rogered but good.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Thank you!

How do I get a cert other than slots and crates? Are they on the GTN?

Certs are legacy-bound, so no--you'd have to luck into one in a pack. It's not hard though--they're fairly common.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

FYI guys guild is getting full (at 485 and it was at 450 a few days ago) and I'm down to kicking people that haven't logged in for 40-50 days (prevously it was 60-70). There's no limit to how many people you can have in the guild, BUT if you've got alts that you leveled to see the story and have zero intention of ever playing again and feel like removing them to make room for more people, go for it. If you're actively going to play them, then don't worry about it - I'm talking about that Operative you made to see the Imperial Agent from the female story perspective, got to 50 and said "Never playing her again."

Again, not gonna force anyone to boot their alts but there is a cap of 500 and I have a feeling KOTFE will bring some people back along with some new people (Which is awesome). If things continue the way they've been then we can get a runoff guild going for alts.

Runoff guild wouldn't allow for green chat though :(

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

A Thing that I'm actually considering: Leveling a new Alt once 4.0 hits to see the new "streamlined" leveling process :saddowns:

You're not alone, I'll probably do it too.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've heard that gold selling is such a big deal you can get banned for even making jokes about it in guild chat

I seem to recall a certain guild member who learned that the hard way. Who was that? Do you remember?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'll use this as an excuse to post my Jedi Sage. I freely admit that I blatantly stole this look, although not the colors, from another goon, because I loved it so much:

And because I actually got complimented on him, my Sniper:

I sadly cannot enter the contest, as I've already got the Togruta.

E: I want the idle lightsaber animation that the Sage has for every single-blade class, because it's the best :swoon:

Also, if you're the goon I stole that look from and you're posting in this thread, just remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 15, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Eimi posted:

Looks a lot better than what Juggs get for sure. I'd just prefer anything than the Jugg idle pose. (Nonentity halp)

And everything is better than what Jedi Guardians get. I MUST ALWAYS HAVE A TWO HANDED GRIP ON MY SABER :byodood:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Fiaxx posted:

Thanks for letting me join the guild last night - I feel all official now. The only special gear I really have is level 50 comm gear back from 2013, I think. Talos always questions if my shoulder pads are large enough. The mask is great for keeping my beautiful face hidden from the masses. I do not have the Togruta unlock yet but had been thinking about it. Maybe now's my chance!

Aww, are you bummed that the Sith Inquisitor wouldn't give you his/her body?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

I was able to have print screen work reliably by remapping it to F12 :iiam:

Anyway...

Here are my main dudes

Sage:

You're the guy I stole MY Sage's look from--I was wondering who it was. Anyway, dude, I wouldn't have copied it if it didn't kick all kinds of rear end.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
poo poo, I have TONS of that stuff. Time to cash in at my stronghold.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So is there a concise guide to what is disappearing? I've got green/blue/purple crafting mats spread far and wide and I'd hate to lose them.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

prefect posted:

When the entries say "alt 164" and "alt 129", does that mean that's the average quality of their gear?

Or have you had over a hundred fifty alts? :ohdear:

Knowing Medullah, both.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

I'm just the rear end in a top hat that yells for the silent masses because I'm a known poopsocker who's invested too much time in this game. ;)

I still cannot believe you actually got that bank character to 60. Nerd.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Zotix posted:

So, now that the 12x co is gone... How long does it take to get to max level? Are there any other ways to speed it up?

I'd imagine about the same, if you do the planetary quest in addition to your story quest.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
That's, uh, really kind of a bummer about comm gear vendors. Guess I'll have to get to work on those recipes on my Cybertech now :(

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Fuzz posted:

They removed the Comm Mod vendors? What the gently caress, why? That makes no sense. What the hell do you use Basic Comms for now, then?

Or Data Crystals, whatever the gently caress they're called now.

I'm wondering this as well. They didn't move from under "Currency", so they must be good for something.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Tuskin38 posted:

Weird all my companion weapons were in my inventory when I logged in. Also their pants

It was No Pants Tuesday, and it's now No Pants Wednesday.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

How long have you been playing? If for a while, you should get a set of starfighter gear that's orange and bind to legacy in your mail as a new toon.

Barring that, just buy the cheapest set on the GTN (usually a cyborg set) since outfit designer lets you look however you want. Spend some cartel coins to unlock it account wide and never worry about orange gear again.

So is it just the gear vendors who are gone off Fleet, or gear AND comm/crystal/McGuffin vendors who are gone?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Beeme posted:

Man, this new jedi knight armor is so sweet it makes me want to start one. Why can't we juggs get armor this sweet. I'm trawling through Tor Fashion trying to come up with an outfit but it's rough. I can't deal standing side by side with these plot npcs in their nicely designed armor while I have this mismatched set of clown gear. :smith:

Hey man that's nice gear

FOR A CLOWN TO WEAR

AT THE CIRCUS

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Am I bugged? I keep gaining Influence levels through conversations with my ship companions and yet my Presence stat isn't going up.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Their presence should go up, not yours.

Then I guess I'm still unclear as to what makes them effective. Do they still just do damage equivalent to your character's, or do they do damage proportional to the amount of Presence they have stacked?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Both. They get higher presence for higher influence, so they become more badass.

So...this effectively means that if you cheese your companions with gifts you can make them into unstoppable killing machines for the early-stage planets.

Please don't change this, BioWare. I want to be able to jack up HK-51's ratings to the point where I can just have him kill everything in Act I.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Nipponophile posted:

It's almost like grouping up with people and playing social content together is fun! Now, if only a couple hundred thousand other people could come to this realization maybe this could be an MMO again.

Blasphemy!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oedzi is going to hate this question but is it possible to solo the heroics

Haven't they all been reduced to 2+? If so, I'd think it's possible if you just set your really-juiced-up companion to DPS.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
If heroics really can be soloed (even easier so with a roided-up companion), then I think I just found my favorite way to level.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

Luckily, currently, I think it's impossible to die if you have a comp set to healer. It can take a long while but they basically never stop dropping heals on you and themselves.

I discovered that--with a class that's either pure DPS or specced to DPS, you can do fairly good damage and just never, ever have your health drop below 80%.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Goons like to play bad guys.

When we Force Shock a helpless Imperial, we're really Force Shocking Jimmy Finkelstein from 3rd grade when he took our lunch money.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you think about it, the empire is actually the good side in this story, if you ignore the part about slavery and how it's ruled by a council of evil wizards

The Republic is a lovely, corrupt government being propped up by its Force users; the Empire is an efficient government that is being dragged down and held back by its Force users.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Though really, look at Makeb. Who was the hero of that storyline?

Dr. Oggurobb Hutt.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

I've been trying to use the 12x bonus to get all the different stories done. I was able to get 3 down and was working on a 4th. Now that's it's gone I noticed that there was a sort of new leveling system. Can anyone explain how it works or if it's different? I like the game a lot, but always felt like it became a slog after a while because it took so long to kill anything, but that was gone with the 12x thing. Is it easier to kill things now?

According to the 4.0 patch notes, you should be able to level to 50 just by doing your class quests for each planet along with the planetary quest line, each of which will apparently have its own icon so you can distinguish it from other quests.

Also, level scaling will make it so that you can revisit bonus series quests on previous planets AND get level-appropriate XP for doing them.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

wtftastic posted:

I'm probably going to go through Ch1-9 or story stuff without grinding a lot of other alliance stuff on other characters because I like the story :3

Me too, but also because when I hear about all the alliance stuff my eyes glaze over.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

go3 posted:

Since the mod vendors were taken out what should I be doing with all these loving commendations at level 49

Actually they weren't taken out--they were just changed to greens instead of blues, and from what I saw, those green mods they sell will actually not gimp you significantly at all. They go all the way up to 190 at 60, which is perfectly respectable.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

prefect posted:

Question about the log mount: can you actually fly around on it like a speeder? I saw a video of it yesterday, and the person who got on it just sat there.

Sadly I think it's just a regen animation.

A man can dream, though. A man can dream.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

I hope we at least get some customization tokens soon for them. I was disappointed in that too.

I kind of had to dress up the old comps since I run a tight ship and running around pantsless does not work in my employ :colbert:

Really glad they fixed the "constantly grunting Qyzen" bug before the pants bug occurred, because that would have made it doubly weird.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I've run into a problem. Don't have the early access and am at the 1000 data crystal cap. Is there anything I can actually spend it on that doesn't require reputations?

If you have alts, you can send them some cheddar by buying some legacy-bound stuff with crystals and sticking them in a legacy bank. They can then sell those items and get the crystals back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

And you can't use kolto stations while you're alone.

So no, you can't solo the tacticals.

Is it just that they haven't re-weighted the trash encounters for tactical FPs or are enemies really that much more difficult?

• Locked thread