Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Jesus, why are the new armor statlines so expensive to craft? Each piece needs 10 linseed oil on top of the regular mats. That adds like 10g+ per piece.

Is that the price to pay for a decent condition damage build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Rip celestial amulets.

Good riddance.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Can't wait to try all the great new ele builds this new patch enabled.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

A nice thing about the new fight is that champion mobs actually drop poo poo. So you actually get poo poo for participating in the full fight versus someone coming at the last minute and beating the threshold damage for the chest.

Every boss fight should be at least as involved and rewarding as this.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hi.

What have I missed since February and now? Is Viper gear still insanely overpriced? Is Arus still fat?

TIA.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

come back and play with me m'lord

Those strength runes you promised me better be in my mail.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

I highly recommend starting over with either of those classes if you're not deadset on Guardian

I agree with Arus, guardian is trash.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Can't wait to see the ele improvements that'll surely come this time around!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Visidan posted:

You means the ones that were just nerfed cause ele was overpowered for 3 years straight being able to heal the best and do twice as much dps as all other classes at he same time except thief (only 30% more than a thief)

Nah, the ones that make the class fun to play and not always use the same 10% of traits/skills available to the class.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Can't wait to collect 40 igneous rocks, get 500 karma, then do the same in a different part of the map.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Magres posted:

Let the people who like hearts have their map

I see now. Gather them all on one island, then drop a nuke on Foefire it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

All pointless unless they bring back fireworks in WvW.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lyer posted:

apparently Colin is now with the Amazon studio, wonder what they're cooking up

Foosball-based MMO

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Been sitting on like 40 stacks of gold ore for the past 2.5 years waiting for that to happen. Surely it'll come with the underwater revamp, where ascended jeweler will only make trinkets that work underwater.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Holy poo poo, why is T6 leather 25s for the most basic unit? Gossamer scraps are still as worthless as I remember.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lonk posted:

So I've been bouncing around a bit with this idea to try to set up an event/events for WvW for either/both guilds where we all use the same gimmick, ala the classic MM necro/reaper zerg.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FR9N3WF

Just gauging any interest in it for now before any actual effort goes into it.

The gimmick should be everyone wears full "Mighty" gear. That way everyone can have matching gear without spending too much.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Are the Bloodstone glowy eyes gonna be available through the cheevo after the next LS update?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Laphroaig posted:

did they fix underwater combat yet

They fixed it in PvP.

In PvE they added ascended breathers.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Updated Minstrel effects. Best update. Game saved.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

For once, I have no complaints with this update. Fun patch is fun. Even the story was decent.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

For once, I have no complaints with this update. Fun patch is fun. Even the story was decent.

Actually, I have one autistic complaint. And that's how the layout of the new zone doesn't match up at all with the uncovered map.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, I'm actually more willing to accept inconsistencies with the RoF because they're so volatile in nature. Though looking at the HoT map since release, it seems like they're just stuffing random zones where they can fit them.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, the hearts are surprisingly worthwhile, with good rewards from the vendors and a variety of things to do. Throwing poo poo at floating gadgets while gliding, in particular, is pretty novel.

It's highly unlikely, but I would kill for them to retrofit the old hearts with a similar system. The game could always use low-key repeatable content.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

*blood-curdling shriek*

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Cantha had great variety in its environments, but wasn't too fun to actually explore. Kaineng especially was torture to navigate in GW1, but would be sooooo awesome translated to GW2's engine. Actually, every zone in Cantha would translate well to GW2 and while feeling unique.

Elona was much more polished but got a little repeptitive with the desert landscapes, even if there were slightly different colors of desert available. The real highlight of Nightfall was the amazing architecture scattered across maps. And that would work out really well in GW2, whereas in GW1, buildings were mostly giant props.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Please don't slutshame men who create pale female humans and wear the armor with the least coverage.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Kormir did Nightfall. Foefire can't melt Deldrimor steel ingots.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm still not sure what this is all about. The original joke was at the expense of white nerds with Asian fetishes. :psyduck:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Serenade posted:

The enchantment teardown mechanic was pretty cool, even more so with the patch that added flash enchantments. I'd like to see how Guild Wars 2 would handle that given as there aren't enchantments anymore.

Effects on boon removal?

The berserker fire shield thing is kind of reminiscent.

I'd love an ele spec that worked similarly, though, since they're probably the closest thematically to dervishes. And they could use an alternative melee weapon after the disappointment of warhorns. *cough*

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

where the red fern gropes posted:

gonna throw john lightning under the bus for these offensive and inappropriate guild team names

I always knew the downfall of SFD would involve esports. What was the ticket for? Our missing lose crew boxes?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm sickened by the lack of barks dogs in this thread.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

At least they lowered the spread on engie pistol 2, lol. Still has some spread for reasons.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Alteisen posted:

I'm doing a presentation on the history of MMO's and I need a shot of a character of every race together

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Medium armor will be a trenchcoat that, when entering combat, reveals another trenchcoat underneath.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

CaptainSwanky posted:

If only we had more medium armor skins without capes and trench coats

Sekkira posted:

Bitch, please.

Visidan posted:

looks like dumb WoW poo poo "more spikes plz"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Light armor should be a robe that transforms into a bikini in combat.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hey, look at that weird mirror.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Someone from reddit cosplayed as Lonk

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Presenting the world's first HOPE wielded by a certified spacenorn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I use a drinking bird. Even during raids.

• Locked thread