Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Pppbbbttthhhhhh

Without any timeline this is just a graph I have to wait to fill up before I can visualize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

MLK Ultra posted:

probably should have used ' and not " but whatever.

What is your shoe size?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
That is a diagram of a dog orgy.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Boxers are dumb as gently caress but the best dogs yes they are

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Paladinus posted:

Yeah, and it's also mostly power and melodic death metal bands, so...

Screaming about the end of all hope and existential annihilation brings me joy.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

The only habitable places left for humans will be the white ring between the bass lords in the green and the nuclear wasteland in the red

no one knows what is in the yellow

no one has ever come back

e: but seriously this loving gradient goes from white to green to white to red to yellow what the gently caress

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Platystemon posted:

Has science not gone far enough?

Why would you get a dog like the one on the right? The reason to own a pug is for the sweet sound of every single breath being a desperate wet gasp for life

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
So I guess the point that is trying to get across is that at no point was the spending in the US even low enough to meet the highest spending of the other countries?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I've got a lot of alcoholic relatives living in Hood River, OR

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Carbon dioxide posted:

"traffic circles" refer to the mega ones with stop lights at every incoming road, or at the ancient design where cars driving onto the circle have priority over those already on the roundabout. It turns out that is a bad design that has even less throughput than a regular intersection.

A roundabout, on the other hand, is the modern kind, where cars on the roundabout always have priority over cars wanting to enter the roundabout. It is both safer and has higher throughput than a regular intersection.

Therefor, my opinion is that traffic circles are bad while roundabouts are good.

How can you tell what priority ruleset a given roundabout/traffic circle uses?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

Same way you do every other part of the road, signs.

I guess that's not very different than something like a "NO RIGHT TURN ON RED" sign at a standard intersection. Still, it feels weird to approach a roundabout and have to look for a sign to see whether or not I need to yield to those already in the circle.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I live in Oregon where we don't have sales tax, so most things ring up as they are listed, except for things like soda and beer that have a bottle deposit. People have lived here seventy years and will still be confused, confounded, insulted and determined to take a stance against this misdirection whenever their two-for-five-dollars budweiser rings up 5.20. "I ONLY BROUGHT FIVE DOLLARS" is a REGULAR FUCKIN RESPONSE (I am a cashier)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Brawnfire posted:

poo poo, I forgot about travois, I upgraded my trading post a while back and haven't seen any since.

Travois was a word that I assumed was in much wider use than it turned out to be. I find I still drop this word when describing something hauled in this manner and nobody knows what the gently caress I'm talking about.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I'm surprised at South Park's gradient -- I thought they fell out way earlier.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Can I ask a dumb question?

Why the loving sink?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
If Alaska split itself into three states, Texas would become the fourth largest state.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Platystemon posted:

Sadly not true. Alaska does not have three times the land area of Texas. It’s not possible to split Alaska into three states, all of which are larger than Texas.

You can at best split it into thirds and have two of them dunk on Texas and the third essentially tie with Mississippi for what would then be the thirty‐third largest state.

I think Canada would donate a little Yukon if it meant dunkin on Texas.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

So, no matter what age you are, you're not going to survive the winter?

edit: oh the graphics aren't part of the graph, nevermind

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Offler posted:

Also the claim that the absolute worst odds of surviving the winter for any 3-year old animal is 70% sounds very fishy.

Fish do just fine in the winter :confused:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Is there a PYF good/funny graphs and charts thread?

It could be akin to the dataisbeautiful subreddit, in a way.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Which one has the portal to Hell on it?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Never felt so snug about being an Earthling before.

edit: I mean smug

credburn has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Apr 19, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
If purple wants to identify as indigo, it changes nothing about how I see the rainbow.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I happened to live in a town that became a huge meeting place for everyone wanting to see an eclipse. It was pretty rad. My ex, who had seen this before, said there would look like there were snakes on the ground, and it kinda did. It was weird.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

If you look at it though the size does scale really well with the prices, at least with the cheaper three. You seem to get what you pay for. Based on this graph I think Spain gives you the best value, though. It's only a seventy cent increase from Greece but it's the same size difference from Turkey to Greece.

credburn has a new favorite as of 18:45 on May 4, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

It's weird that the guy in the poster has five fingers...

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I always thought the arrows and crosses were just gender designations, not specifically what kind of genitals I have. Is that not the case?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Took me forever to realize the numbers on the states are their ranking.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
That dude is way too proud of his own joke

Comedians must feel shame for me to find them amusing.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I gotta say it's kind of generally a poor choice to use a vertical bar graph to illustrate plane crashes

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Blue Footed Booby posted:

First time I ever used weed was right before watching Dredd. It kicked rear end.

what are you a cop

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I frequently will say I "use cannabis" because I vape, smoke, etc. and I've been called out on it by others before.

I don't think goon's a cop

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
If you yall don't call it wacky tobacky don't even come roun here

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
What was the original version of this "stop doing ______" thing?

e: by which I mean, what was the first one?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I won first place for submitting to a small literary journal a short story about how the dinosaurs died because there were all these Tsar Bombas and they were leaking radiation everywhere so they sent them back in time because they had nowhere else to put them.

I won a hundred bux!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

zedprime posted:

Paper has the last laugh. While the paper may be cut, the scissors are never the same.

There were three men came out of the West,
Their fortunes for to try,
And these three men made a solemn vow
paper must die.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Platystemon posted:

They should let you take off a little.

Circumcision would make it more historically accurate.

:eng101: David is partially circumcised, as per the practice of the time

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Mescal posted:

explain how

Well now I am not so sure. Looking around on the Internet, I see a lot of claims like this

quote:

Circumcision was different in the time of David and is actually correctly noted in the statue with just the tip of the foreskin removed. It wouldn't become a more common practice to completely remove the skin until roman times. Michelangelo, by all accounts, is accurate to David's time.

But they're all from commenters or quotes. I can't find a better source... yet!

So maybe this is just one of those things I "learned" just for the sake of dropping mad fact bombs but never checked up on it :|

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
The "floating heads making faces of disbelief" is generally a red flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Eugene, Oregon was founded as "Skinner's Mudhole"