Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Waffleman_ posted:

From what I understand, Clover didn't plan on making toys of the enemy suits, so the designers were free to make them kinda weird.

They made some toys but they weren’t a big priority compared to the white base trio. Iirc one of the leading theories of why the original doan’s island ep is Like That is because the clover reps did an end-run around tomino to order an episode that was focused on the zaku so they could move more zaku toys, which is why the zakus in that ep are off model in a way that makes them look more like the toy designs than the animation ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I sure hope the mech designs are good because we're going to be seeing them in every fuckin' SRW for a decade.

Oh, buddy.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Most of the designs look better the further they are from the actual show and its slipshod artwork and coloring. It has some supremely awkward designs even divorced from that like the Bird Gundam and Bacue. The OYW redux suits are beyond saving though, how you manage to gently caress up suits that have dozens of good variants already is beyond me.

I like how the Evolve version of the strike has basically just completely overridden the TV strike in literally everyone’s brain.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

The real nasty thing about seed/destiny us that while SEED on its own is average to even good at times, Destiny is so toxic it makes SEED retroactively worse by association, which became literal when the HD remaster actively changed several elements of the series to make various characterizations and scenes line up better with their Destiny equivalents, almost always for the worse in every case.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Cyber newtypes are also physically enhanced in several other ways (rosamia was able to breathe freely at ultra high cruising altitude in her first appearance, iirc) so god know how stable they are physically, even

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

it's a very old fan theory that has zero basis in any sort of production notes or even lies tomino told in interviews, it's just straight up something people came up with because gyunei is vaguely the right age.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Its in the free feed and also the host who did this piece is a retired lawyer, so they actually can understand and explain the subject in more depth and specificity than some random dipshits who skimmed a wikipedia article

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Warmachine posted:

I didn't say it, but "One world government Earth Federation wins war, refuses to prosecute own war criminals (because winner), puts a few Zeon up on pikes as a warning (because loser), and Paperclips the rest" is the lest surprising outcome ever.

I mean 0083 makes it fairly clear that this is literally what happened

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Setsuna.

Setsuna does not gently caress.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Fivemarks posted:

This yeah. I honestly can't comprehend it- it's not like this is an issue where the climate wasn't right or it had a bad start but got better. AGE just, to me, seemed bad overall with a few good spots that don't make it worthwhile.

Some people just have bad taste

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

There was also a recent tomino interview where he claimed that zelensky is a newtype and that putin wouldn’t have started the war in ukraine if he’d watched victory gundam, though, so I can understand the confusion

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Burning was a frontline pilot in the one year war and also used to be an extremely heavy drinker so it makes sense he’s got city miles on him

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Don't forget Zion. Even if remembering it makes you weep.

I mean to be fair that’s not entirely incorrect, the rendering in english as Zeon was a deliberate choice to avoid any allegations of antisemitism by English media

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Thr giveaway is that the CCA Kojima tweet is semi coherent. I expect much more descriptive reviews when he's gushing about a movie he likes

Also we know what kojima thinks of CCA because he’s posted about it before

https://vxtwitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1217985466231738368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Sxtremely backwards dipshit executives buoyed by multiple properties that print so much money they will never risk serious financial consequences