Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Shazaminator posted:

Yo, what are people’s opinions of Build Divers? Last proper Gundam I watched was IBO, loved season one but kind of fizzled out on the second one. I Ioved Build Fighters, but Build Divers looks very different- a bit too SAO at first glance - and although I’ve heard very good things about ReRise I don’t hear much about the original Build Divers. Is ReRise worth muddling through the first series? I absolutely love all the 00 Gundam variations on the wiki, for what it’s worth.

Build Divers has some fun characters and some good stand-alone episodes but the main plot is is absolutely awful. ReRise is cool though and I don't think you like, need to watch Divers for context, though you will ofc. miss some of the references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The cannibalism is only mentioned in passing in the show too.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

As the OP of the current one I demand we follow the naming scheme established in the threads thus far and good luck to the clown that has to make a pun on F91.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ramadu posted:

at least thats what i thought i heard the story eventually went with, ive never seen or read it at all

lmao every single time.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

It's lame how only dudes get special robots in Wing. Noin deserved better than the Taurus.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

00 or IBO rewatch?

Watch a good show imo. Either S1 of 00 or something else entirely.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

S2 is just as good tho

Strong disagree but to each their own.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

yea theres no point engaging with tsob anymore lol

There never was.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Give me Guntank or give me death.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ManSedan posted:

I also appreciate that Lockon 2 is like, an okay sniper but as the stakes increase he’s more likely to just pull out his pistols and go to town.

I like the idea of Lockon 2 looking the same as his twin (obviously) but being a completely different person from his fighting style to his reletionships to his values, but I think they kind of undercut themselves by having him go "hey Haro, did my brother have a catchphrase I can copy?" during his first fight.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

So I've been playing Gundam Breaker 3 a lot lately, I've just been in a gundam mood since watching IBO I guess and I've never really watched Gundam X before and between some idle curiosity in that, and the fact that the Virsago looks a lot like wing's Epyon I've come around to really wanting to see it just to know what's going on in that series. So what's the consensus on it? I never really hear about it; is it just boring and no one talks about it? Or is it bad so people try not to bring it up?

I'm mixed on X cause it has some really fun episodes and one of the best romances in the franchise (funny how actually making it a focus of the show will do that) but as mentioned the ending is very abrupt and also I have some issues with its themes.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm sure someone has made a show about a harem of dead girlfriends.

*thinks about the last fight in zeta gundam*

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Just from a time perspective, binging a 50-episode show over one weekend is pretty impressive.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

As the thread OP i would be happy if noted racist Fivemarks no longer posted here. TIA

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Midjack posted:

buttfucked your eyeballs in the face.

Gonna need a diagram here chief

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

Will it have an english dub or anything?

Have the existing srw games got any non-Japanese voices, or is it always japanese voices with other options for text?

No SRW has ever had a dub.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kuvo posted:

i wonder if the weird roster is due to the devs coming up with some gameplay idea then trying to match it to an existing suit

I don't really see how the GM fits into that though, since it's just "the Gundam, but worse"

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

This is about a week old but if someone else posted it i missed it: New g-reco movie 3 trailer https://twitter.com/gundam_reco/status/1413863311926468609

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Willo567 posted:

I think it would really benefit from a trilogy remake similar to Hathaway's Flash to make the story less of a mess

How can you say that when by your own admission you haven't seen it?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Willo567 posted:

I mean, I know about it via SRW. I just heard that the story is rushed mess because of the production issues, and that sentiment seems to be shared by a lot of people.

I was just making a suggestion

So you don't have any idea what you're talking about, got it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The first chapter of Gundam Seed Eclipse is out, in a sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6_VQH2ae8A

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I doubt it, if only because if that was the case you'd expect them to stylize the titles similarly.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Crossposting this from the Gihren's greed thread cause that thread seems, hella dead:

Droyer posted:

Started playing this game now that the revil campaign is complete. It turns out I am insanely poo poo at it. I've never really played grand strategy games before and I find it all a bit overwhelming. Managed to lose as Revil on Easy on turn like, 12. Also sometimes my advisor at the beginning says that we've managed to capture enemy data (or something like that) and I assumed that was enemy blueprints being stolen but I can't find where I'm supposed to find them so I can develop them.

Also further question: according to this https://girensgreed.fandom.com/wiki/EFSF_Event_Tree The only way to keep Ryu alive is to let the White base get defeated and thereby turning of White Base mode, but later White Base omde events says that Ryu gets exp if he's still alive. Is there a way to keep him alive while still being in White Base mode?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Not 0079 but surely dropping asteroids on Earth qualifies.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ethiser posted:

I can’t either. If it’s not some original creation it’s too hard to tell what part is the original design and what has been added, while the other two have obvious GP02 and F91 parts.

The second one is clearly victory 2 though

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Argas posted:

Nah. F91. There's also the torso's... rib thingies there, and the back are clearly the VSBRs (albeit upside-down) and not the Wings of Light.

drat you're right. I'm gonna blame phone posting

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I should've specified that what I meant by Intro Crawl is the opening that shows random clips from the season, rather than the actual show portions.

Wait do you mean the opening theme song?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Oh if it's whatever this garbage is then that's fine i guess. If you skip the original OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpMZH72vwdk we're gonna have words.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I've been tuned out of gundam news for like a month, did we get any new witch of mercury info?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Merry Christmas Gundam Thread. I wish you all giant santa balloons to hide behind in your fight against your rival/love interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

First ep of G-witch was pretty cool. The plot is almost beat for beat the same as the first ep of Revolutionary Girl Utena which is not a comparison i was expecting to make abot Gundam.

edit: lol oops missed it had its own thread

Droyer fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 2, 2022