Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Should probably add a "If you're in it just for the robots or toys toys" reccomendation for build fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Motto posted:

Build Fighters is also a generally solid lighthearted kid's tournament show.

That wasn't meant to be a dismissal, that show is what got me back into Gundam. It's one of my favorite anime and absolutely fantastic, but it's a show probably recommended after you see a few others because it parodies and subverts a whole lot. Unless you're here for the robots.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Or you want a tiny robot sports anime.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Also, first page, so MS IGLOO is great disregard the haters. They can't appreciate the glory of tank combat.

The rest of the show's kinda eh just watch all the tank related episodes.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

We need more tanks in Gundam.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Droyer posted:

Good news: IBO

I've not yet seen it!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

G-Reco, and the Kapool.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Namtab posted:

I'm going to ask now that people give reasons for their choices like I did so that we don't get pyf tier posting tia.

Amazing robots, great characters, two cour, great thread-comedy AND one of the few series that made me want more from a Gundam.
The Kapool is the cutest.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Srice posted:

ZZ also took me quite a bit of time to finish, maybe half a year if not more?

I think if I started watching Gundam shows now instead of many years ago I'd have real trouble even finishing something like Zeta, there's just so many episodes.

I doubt I'll ever finish Zeta.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

The GM Underground Combat Type is a GM Cold Climate but with drills for hands and a new headlamp. Incredible.

YES

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Yeah, IGLOO definitely has a "Zeon soldiers are just normal people" theme, but then the higher ups send children out on suicide missions and they constantly abandon the science team to die and ignore any actual field testing conducted so calling it pro-Zeon is still a bit of a stretch, even with the Zeon flag waving at the end of every episode. It's also a lot less Zeon centric in season 2.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

If anything it underlines "wow the people in charge were major dicks," even to their own soldiers.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So I remember there being an interview with Tomino about how he had them scrap the original designs for the G-Arcane because it was "too sexy." I'm curious if anybody knows if they ever released the original concept art in any material.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

so i bought settei for reconguista in g and I am pretty sure that there's some stuff in here that hasn't been published. would people be interested in me getting the thing scanned in and uploaded somewhere

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

managed to get them scanned
147 g reco settei images
aome of them are rotated weird because that's just how the scanner did it but oh well
a lot of this stuff was just never published or only published real small

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o5-wlQLuso5nwXKJArp7nkig6nCXMXju/view?usp=drivesdk

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

g-reco simul is up!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900186

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

noin is super cool I want to be like noin

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

im pretty sure it's when aida cried that one time after her lover died

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

Ill never fotget the time that same guy who was weird about greco wokely called the female lead of srwv 'a walking pair of tits'

Because she wasnt story relevant

Because he picked the male protag

chitose rules though?
soji is cool too even though he's not very story relevant because I picked the female protagonist

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Retail Price: $74.99
who the actual hell is the intended audience for this

im saying as somebody who liked divers

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

Thats actually kinda cheap. Anime blurays are expensive

I thought the prices were usually more reasonable over here

I'm pretty sure I got G-Reco for like 15 bucks

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

Thats because nobody wants greco

nobody wants divers either!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

i mean divers is still better than zeta tbh but zeta should be like $20 tops

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

zeta's primary distribution method should be aired for free on the gundam.info YouTube channel

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Reconguista in G also is 75 dollars MSRP.

worth it tho

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

divers was pretty good as like a saturday morning cartoon

especially with the dub

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

you know if you think about it the diver series went up in quality proportional to the number of furries they added

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I feel like if you don't remember much about relena you probably haven't watched the show in the past decade

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

Actually, as far as 'Char Clones' go, I do really like the detail that Harry from Turn-A has damaged vision and the shades help accommodate for that. but that's only mentioned in a manga. A manga where Corrin gets a gundam. So how canon that is is up in the air.

I feel like that's a good argument for it being canon rather than against

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

tsob posted:

I really don't think it will. Re:Rise has taken a good bit of time to establish that Freddie is the only Eldoran we know of who can actually using the summoning software, that the mission is locked to 5 specific people (Masaki, Hiroto, May, Kazami and Par) and that all the other summoning platforms that the cast know of outside Milaag Mountain are busted and have little to no shining sand remaining regardless.

The big elephant in the room is that they're making new versions of the protagonist suits from the previous series so they're probably going to show up in the next few episodes.

Which I am perfectly happy with because I liked the Divers cast. Their story was a whole lot of nothing but the characters themselves were fun.

Magee being this cool mentor figure to May and Shahryar being a large part of Par's character and motivation has been really enjoyable so far so I'm excited to see what they do with the rest of them.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 4, 2020

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

3 posted:

If nothing else, I'm definitely more confident about the current writing staff's ability to use the OG cast in a much more compelling way than the original showrunners could, weird fanfic complaints notwithstanding of course :v:

I for one am thankful that the Bible Black writer took over

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Moon has some of Ippei Gyobus best work so I would be extremely into that

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

tsob posted:

I've always figured Corin seeing the Wing Gundam was just a reference someone put in for fun, possibly because he'd shouted "It's a Gundam" earlier in the show.

he straight up gets an upgraded geminass and the manga, and I think it's stated he used to be a member of OZ

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/OZ-10VMSX_Gundam_Aesculapius

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There is a potential bright side here; we might get to cathartically watch every first-season character blow up one-by-one :unsmigghh:. Except Magee, of course. Magee rules.

Lusting for the on-screen death of a bunch of (child!) characters from a literal children's show because you didn't like it definitely seems healthy and not at all like you should maybe take a step back for a moment.

Like actually what the hell.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

this is a weird request but does anybody have a screenshot of the megafauna's steering wheel unobscured? I've lost my blu-rays during the move and I guess g-reco isn't streaming anywhere

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I mean considering that he references wing in turn a it doesn't cause that much of a shock

also I feel like most people, even if they might not agree it was good, would at least find wing interesting

it's a very unique piece of television

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

It's hosed up how the nu Gundam never came back people should appreciate it more

stair there's like a new nu spin-off every build series, including Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G

sometimes multiple

there's at least two in build divers re-rise

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

Well that was every bit as great as I was hoping it would be.

Wodom Pod being remote controlled with a gamepad by Mobile Doll May :allears:

always had been

https://twitter.com/KANETAKE/status/1296429516668248070?s=19

this was the best bit in the episode imo

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

divers is good tho, watch the dub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I know we're in a Gundam thread, and therefore crimes against humanity are de rigueur, but can't you go with a classier one than recommending Build Divers? You know, something kinder.

Like a colony drop.

better than zeta, stardust memory, or try imo