Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Seriously, what is with all the hilarious character names in Gundam? The characters with relatively normal names are way outnumbered by the ones with absolute gibberish names or bizarre double entendres or both (looking at you Jamitov Hymen).

Have you seen what some people name their kids these days? Imagine how much worse it will be in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I just want an RX-78 model that changes wildly in shape and proportion every time I look away from it, preferably without drug use

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

I hear the music every time I see it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Zv2cIE_oQ

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

He also got real sick of people asking "Hey where's Krang?"

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Nasgate posted:

You mean I can't get a model of those sweet square bots? Wtf japan.

Be prepared for more disappointment

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Zechs curing cancer was alright and another delightful dub moment

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

There was that cool scene in the first ep where flit shanked the vegan suit with his beam knife

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Tae posted:

Anew died and that kinda sucked

My favorite thing about Anew dying is that in S1, Lasse shoots the beam saber about to kill Tieria, and in S2 Tieria shoots the lance about to kill Setsuna, but for Anew? Setsuna just blows her away with no remorse.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Belzac posted:

X suffers from meandering around for it's first third or so but once they got a fire under their rear end and eventually the cancel notice it starts to pick up as the rush to get the anime done.

Also as I'm currently in the midst of a full gundam watch through with my GF, I am in fact forced to watch AGE. At least we're finally on the Kio arc.

Being able to just watch all the episodes when you want makes AGE not as bad as watching it when it aired and having to wait a week for another poo poo episode at least

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

It's a shame AGE wound up like it did, it had some cool moments in the first episode, like the Vegan camping the MS exit and Flit shanking a dude with a beam dagger

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Marvel's getting a bit insane with the rebranding for all their known heroes.

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/923394351056728064

Also you just know someone's getting thrown off that plane in the back and shot in the head but you can't see it because of CAPTAIN AMERICA.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Not to defend Ages silly story, but I thought they learned right away that living there was killing them but the earth government basically abandoned them to their fate, and it took a long time to build all that crazy poo poo that let them go back

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Gripweed posted:

What if the RahXephon was an Astray?

It's also made out of super magic OMEGA metal that is invincible !

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

tsob posted:

The Hambrabi had an ejection system cockpit, and it saved Yazan's life.

The Asshimar has one too, you see it when that guy bails out of his at Dakar in Zeta
Edit Oh yeah and the Gaplant as well

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Crashing your spaceship into the ocean next to a prison base on a coast to hit them with a tsunami was pretty great

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

NikkolasKing posted:

My favorite early post about Kamille summed him up as a kid who would have climbed the nearest tower with a bunch of guns had he not been recruited by the AEUG.

I mean he basically did just that, it was just a very large moving tower with guns already installed

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Warmachine posted:

Also doesn't the situation where he gets in the Mk 2 for the first time happen right after, or not long after, that scene? Where he then threatens to step on the space cops?

He also remembered one of the most important rules, don't loving talk to space cops
Kamille is a good kid

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

drrockso20 posted:

Pretty sure Dummy Balloons showed up in Unicorn

G Reco had a dummy balloon ship too

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Stairmaster posted:

How big an improvement is the Gundam mk ii over it's predecessor?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

My favourite thing in Try was how they made particle count be a big thing and then the build burning just has a crystal in it that gives it more particles even if it runs out

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

chiasaur11 posted:

For Mikazuki, everything is integrated weaponry.

I liked it when his right manipulator got broken off using it to break the MA's tail blade, then used his remaining manipulator to tear off a piece of armour and then smash through the exposed area with the busted wrist section

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

I thought it was funny how McGillis went for a cockpit stab kill and missed twice

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

My favourite name from Gundam OO is Healing Care, because she was a captain in the military so they called her Captain Care like she was the leader of the loving care bears

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

dogsicle posted:

because poo poo can just be retconned. CC is weird anyway because it also sucked up every AU, so i don't think the two shows need to particularly align

I always figured CC was the future of real life and the dark history was a collection of Gundam torrents

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Sam Sanskrit posted:

I'm relatively certain no such conversation exists. Mostly because they just are not very specific about the earlier era at all. But I could certainly be wrong and would be willing to watch some of those early episodes to check. But honestly I'm kind of just hoping someone in the thread with a better memory will jump in and do my homework for me.

Right after Mask gets his squad of dudes he talks about what Kuntala is

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

I remember reading that the Ahab reactors used in MS and ships not only generate their own gravity but also work as anti-gravity for the cockpit in the MS for dealing with g-forces and the Gundam frames have the cockpit located directly between the 2 reactors to maximize that effect meaning the MS can move in ways that would kill someone in a normal MS

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Gripweed posted:

The G-Unit manga has custom ace Leos and they absolutely kick rear end.

Not enough people know about the Smallgeese

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Why have anything at all connecting the top to the bottom

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Introducing Heine to kill him off a couple of episodes later is lame, Destiny.

It gave us this goofy scene so it was worth it

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Yinlock posted:

The whole system just seems too wildly impractical for me. I keep waiting for the enemy MS to just get tangled in the wires and snap them in half or something.

IIRC in the SEED manga Mwu uses the gunbarrel wires on the moebius zero to tangle up the providence so Kira can shoot him at least

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Arc Hammer posted:

I guess being known as "Person who lost to the Red Comet and survived" would be better than "Jerid's first girlfriend (RIP)"

I mostly remember her for kicking jerid in the face after he tried to punch her

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

wdarkk posted:

G Reco was bad because a lot of the mechs I liked never got model kits.

Not a single towasanga faction MS got a model kit which is some serious BS
Also one of my favorite parts in G Reco is when muscle lady exclaims "Aren't they afraid of the gravity!?" during her first re entry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

tsob posted:

the only artificial colonies I recall in G-Reco were one built into an asteroid and one that was just a series of rings floating in space.

There's a couple O'Neill cylinders too you see for a moment and are never mentioned again