Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

MisterOblivious posted:

Dude, we literally had a war about this. New York hasn't been under UK rule for a longass now.

He told Justice Barry Ostrager that the documents were “absolutely essential for me to properly assess my own case.”

The judge disagreed saying they contained “proprietary financial information.”

“Those documents frankly have nothing whatsoever to do with the substantive merits of your case,” Ostrager said.

Simon & Schuster’s attorney Elizabeth McNamara has accused Yiannopoulos of canning his legal team and representing himself so he can see the files, which have been designated “for attorneys’ eyes only.”

All the poo poo I’d read previously made it sound like the contract and suit were taking place in the UK. I’m the idiot. Sorry phanatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Samizdata posted:

A, umm, friend of, erm, mine, says to add the, uhhhhh, word queensnake to that.

What. The. gently caress

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What am I missing here?

His lips look terrible :shrug:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

chitoryu12 posted:

Actually this video is much more relevant to the thread, because this sport is terrifying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWvOCceuWlM

Many of you recognize that music from Red Alert. But did you realize the name of the track makes it ludicrously appropriate for that video?

Hell March

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Samizdata posted:

Other than them not marching.

Don’t be an idiot.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Samizdata posted:

It was more a snark at the "Look how cool I am! I know the game trivia!" tone your original post had.

Who the gently caress regularly knows the names of video game songs? Also, knowing video game trivia isn't cool. Ever. So you're not an idiot, but an rear end in a top hat.

Sorry, not just an idiot, but also an rear end in a top hat.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

canis minor posted:

- are willing to forgive Apple quite easily for some reason)

I'm more worried about this: https://krausefx.com/blog/mac-privacy-sandboxed-mac-apps-can-take-screenshots (apparently any app can make a screenshot of your screen at any point)

On the first point, I just don't expect better from any company. The only bright side is Apple pushes patches to all their poo poo as long as it's any form of supported. And that's a really god-damned dim bright.

That link though, is loving horrifying.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Samizdata posted:

I think he's in the perimeter shrapnel from all the bullshit, horrible shock and political stuff a fair bit of YouTubers have been pulling lately.

You’re exceptionally stupid, and should stop posting. The reason people don’t like his videos anymore is:

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I was hearing people rag on him here a while before that happened, but the general tone was that he is obviously psychologically disturbed and these videos are a symptom of his spiral, so people didn't want to keep watching them anymore.

He was self-destructive to the point his roommate paramedic refused to live with him any more and he had to move back in with his parents. Watching his videos literally contributes to his mental illness by giving him validation.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Aramark serves lovely food year-round. They probably just had that on the menu because they got it from the "about to be expired" shelf at the bulk food distributor. They're also a company that loves to negotiate the absolutely horrendous deal of "you have to use us for catering every single event on campus" which always ends up being hideously over-priced sandwiches that you could make yourself in 30 seconds. Except your 30 second sandwiches would taste better.

Aramark should be burned to the ground, is what I'm saying.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

That kid has the WORST reaction time. He'd never make it in the wild.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ilmucche posted:

Let's never talk about curling again

No, we are absolutely going to talk about curling. That shameful men's display never would have happened if my cousin was still Team Skip. His son's angling to follow in dad's footsteps, so there's still hope for the future.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ilmucche posted:

Wait what?

I didn't get to watch the game against the states, but was he running the cheryl bernard blank-everything-then-win strategy? How did the steal in the 8th go down?

He loving peeled off a guard he didn't mean to, and handed them 2 points, making it 4-2.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Subjunctive posted:

Yes, all of that is very simple. The post is saying “the 1st applies to Twitter even though it’s new”. Everything you say applies to every other privately owned channel in exactly the same way, per the post.

Yes, I have never said otherwise. The post doesn’t say otherwise either.

Given the current US government’s relationship to the press and the truth, the 1st amendment protections applied to Twitter communication are not irrelevant to discuss.

I told you, you’re giving the twitter idiot too much credit. He is saying that twitter violates his constitutional rights by banning him. He is claiming the ability to use twitter is a fundamental right. It’s not spelled out that way, but it is always what he’s actually saying. If you keep giving the fascist gun-fellatiating psycho the benefit of the doubt, people are going to start questioning your motives.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

boner confessor posted:

there's nothing illegal here tho, and probably nothing unethical, even though it is indeed dumb as hell

It's incredibly bad optics, which can sometimes be enough. "We're punishing you for your politics." The deal to reinstate was actually part of the budget that was ready to be signed, and it was specifically dropping the NRA discount that kyboshed the break.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Random Stranger posted:

" is one character. :colbert:

It’s also ambiguous.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Two Feet From Bread posted:

You wouldn't do poo poo and posting here about how much you wanted to commit attempted murder, at best, just shows how unhinged you are or how full of absolutely poo poo you are. And that you say it while fully expect accolades from fellow poster really shows how vile your side is. This is how Lowtax gets the FBI knocking on his door and why antifa is considered a terrorist organization.

Freedom of speech, and all other civil rights, is more important than your infantile and pedantic feelings. Deal with it that someone doesn't agree with you. It is called growing up and being an adult. Civil rights are literally more important than you.

The schaden is how much it pisses people off that he he is winning all his court cases for blatant civil rights violations by publicly funded schools that, supposedly, champion civil rights. The fact that the US Constitution is being upheld and how much it pisses people off is amazing. I. loving. Love. It.

Nazis don't care about civil rights. They explicitly work the system to undermine it. You're a complete and utter loving dumbass, and the reason Antifa is considered a terrorist organization (by who, btw?) is because they're fighting Nazis who are using "decorum" as a weapon.

Also, the US Constitution is poo poo garbage for babies and needs a dramatic overhaul to realign with the real world.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Rainbow Knight posted:

Seems to me like saying goons won't do something is just as absurd that goons will do something.

Remember the last Goon who Did Something?

That's right, the guy who ended up in a prison for years.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

There's so many of these, and there's almost all wonderful. There's a certain simplicity in the one that's set to "Another one Bites the Dust."

djssniper posted:

Caro? or someone else?

Yep. The lesson? Don't do anything.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Phanatic posted:

It's a stupid question. Even assholes have rights. Even *assholes who would deny the rights of others* have rights. You get to criticize them. You don't get to break the law in order to suppress them. *Murderers* are entitled to the exact same protections of law as the rest of us. "This person literally murdered people, that's whose right to be secure against unreasonable searches and seizures you're sticking up for. That's whose right to be immune from cruel and unusual punishment you're sticking up for."

Well, yes, yes it is. That's the whole loving *point*.

Please enlighten us; how do you stop a cadre of people who use the system to strip others of rights, and use the system to protect themselves? Because the entire modus operandi of Nazis and fascists is to take over the system and wield it as a weapon.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Phanatic posted:

Every single criminal "uses the system to protect themselves." We manage to work within the system to arrest and penalize murderers and child molesters and the most vile of the vile. That's what rule of law means. Nobody is above it, nobody is beneath it. Or at least they're not *supposed* to be.

So long as Spencer and his ilk are *speaking*, then the way you fight them is with more speaking. Do you really think Nazis are winning the battle of ideas in the public sphere? The only way you get to any significant tally of Nazis in American political discourse is by defining "Nazi" so broadly as to equate to "people who disagree with me politically in the slightest degree." According to the SPLC, there are 6000 members of the KKK in the *entire United States*. David Duke called for a big white supremacist meeting in New Orleans in 2005, it had 300 attendees. To the extent that there are literal Nazis in America (of which, sure, Spencer is one), they are an utterly marginalized and entirely impotent political force. And they have been utterly marginalized and rendered impotent by using the system. They are not an existential threat demanding we make a choice between the upholding fundamental precepts of our society and being able to fight Nazis.

And if they stop speaking and start violating the law, then you can hammer them, using the system. Just like we've done with a bunch of organized crime institutions, domestic terrorists, and so on, and so forth. You make it sound like complying with the law is some brutal straitjacket that prevents doing anything against Bad People.

Seriously, if all it takes to get you to say "gently caress the rule of law, let's just start rioting against the people we don't like today" is a few thousand Nazis, you really don't get the point of having laws in the first place. And you *definitely* wouldn't fare well in the kind of society that would exist if everyone felt that way.
So you don’t actually have an answer to when the system is weaponized against you, which is the fascist specialty.

I used to think you were a pedantic rear end in a top hat who thought too much of himself. I know better now. You’re just massively privileged and have no idea that the system can actually be flawed and used to disastrous ends. Which is actually much sadder. I don’t think everything needs to be thrown out and rebuilt from scratch like some do, but Nazis and their ilk don’t use words to make arguments, they never argue in good faith, they twist language to suit their needs which is deflecting people from forcing them in to the fringes. If it takes beating the poo poo of them to show that society will not tolerate them, then so be it, even if "the system" says it’s wrong. It’s not a slippery slope, it’s a clear line in the sand. We Will Not Allow Subjegation.

And your valuing the system over people makes it not worth engaging with your privileged rear end.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Odddzy posted:

I think that if anyone has fantasies on the subject of beating up Nazis, I'd want to see them post in one of the martial arts threads on this here forum and actually train reliably in combat sports or they're only kidding themselves as to their actual chances and shouldn't go in harms way. I think Phanatic was kinda frustrated at the posturing of internet tough guys that albeit good hearted, have no loving clue what they are talking about.

I remember seeing a pic of a very light antifa lady that posted pics of herself before going to a protest looking for a fight and posted after pics with her face all bloody after getting beaten up by Nazis. That's what could happen to any protestor. It's dangerous out there and just crossing fingers and hoping that you've got people that will have your back in the crowd is taking a huge loving risk.

No, Phanatic is absolutely "the rule of law overrules all other concerns". If he saw someone training specifically to beat up Nazis he would throw an absolute shitfit.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Barry Bluejorts posted:

Jesus people, the page ended on a derail post please take the hint.

You’re not Weatherman, so it doesn’t work. Find your own derail gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Barry Bluejorts posted:

Not a drat thing better than that one. But fair. I'll come back tomorrow when people are done talking at walls.

Yeah, it is really good.