Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vehementi posted:

Pretty sure the "My father has it, my sister has it - you have it" in the trailer is the actual sound clip from ROTJ

It was re-recorded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

euphronius posted:

Is plageius being a real person canon still. Or was he in the eu.

He's mentioned in ROTS, but in sure there's a dumb book about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh, and I don't know if anyone caught this, but during Rey's vision, Maz's temple becomes this.

Which is cool.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jose Oquendo posted:

It was obvious as day. Not sure who could have missed that.

Well, I wanted to post shot then because it's dope.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

There was bad parts of those fights, for sure. But that doesn't mean forget all the sequencing (you know, like how people that actually train to fight tend to know how to do) and go back to this stupid poo poo

This scene isn't about the lightsaber fight though. It's 100% about the characters. That's what every lightsaber fight should be about. Not the fighting or the cool moves.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

You're not even addressing what I've been saying. Shut up with your fan boy excuses for why its ok that the fighting has been dumbed down. I liked the characters, I liked the emotional fighting that we get in TFA back to what I'm saying, it doesnt make sense that suddenly jedi (kylo) who have been training in fighting sequences suddenly don't do that anymore and just hack at each other chaotically.

Ren clearly never got that far in his training. It makes sense thematically that no one knows how to use a lightsaber correctly. The only character who should be able to post prequels is Darth Vader and Obi Wan. It's a lost, dead religion.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Plinkett Reviews are good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

JJ Abrams said in an interview that his lightsaber battles are more like a conversation, and he didn't feel like making them highly choreographed. But he heavily implied Rian Johnson wants to go that route. So we'll see.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mitchicon posted:

Have a link to this? It'll be unfortunate if we see a departure from the emotional saber battles that we finally got back.

I think I misheard. He does say he 'maybe' he'll take that approach, but for some reason it felt more like a hint when I first heard it.

Just call me wrong. But here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ekui0QWaCA&t=1092s

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MisterBibs posted:

Of course I did. I like Star Wars.

For you? Same font of which all prequel criticisms are ultimately sourced, no matter how much :words: you use to claim otherwise: you didn't grow up with the prequels.

I grew up with the prequels and I don't like them. I hated Attack of the Clones in the theater. But Revenge of Sith was badass because of all the cool moves and the child murder. :black101:

TPM I was 7
Attack of the Clones I was 11
Revenge of the Sith I was 14.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 20, 2015

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Poe Dameron was strong and independent. Finn needed him. He also saved the day too. No force powers needed!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Finn is Luke from A New Hope, and Rey is Luke from Empire Strikes Back.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Stormtroopers aren't clones.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

nopants posted:

Stoomtroopers are clones. I saw the PT.

Those are clone troopers. In the OT they aren't clones any more.

Clones don't even live that long.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SunAndSpring posted:

I have no idea what the point of Captain Phasma was.
to get people to buy this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK45cONHijU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Boba Fett actually did something in the movies.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

raditts posted:

He broke a droid, made a delivery, and then died looking like a bumbling idiot.
There's plenty of time in the next two movies for Phasma to do at least one of those things.

Um. He followed Han Solo to Cloud City, talked back to Darth Vader, and then took Han Solo to Jabba's Palace.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

raditts posted:

Lando: "I had no choice. They arrived right before you did. I'm sorry."

"He's no good to me dead" is hardly a chokeworthy level of sass.

right, "made a delivery", like I said. He didn't even package the delivery. And then he died looking like a bumbling idiot.

Still more than Captain Phasma did.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

khy posted:

THAT'S not how HYPERSPACE works.

Actually I was discussing with my coworkers - as a kid I wouldn't have cared if the science is bad, I would have enjoyed it if star trek teleporters were present and the lightsabers could shoot out beams of light, and if people had force-jetpacks to fly through the skies. The older I get the more I tend to pick at the science.

There is no science in Star Wars.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The lightsaber fight was really tense for me. But less so because I was worried, and more so because of all the emotions rising up from it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This thread is about TFA, the other thread is now about the prequels.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It awoke in Rey, the new Jedi, because all the Jedi aside from Luke are dead.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes. The New Republic.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ImpAtom posted:

Perhaps you should actually pay attention to the film before you go flip out like this.

The Starkiller planet is green when we first see it during Hux's speech. With the sun dying it becomes a frozen hellhole. This is why there are still green trees when they land there, they're just covered by tons of ice.

No it wasn't.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ImpAtom posted:

Yes it was. Look at the shot of Starkiller Base firing. The leaves on the trees are entirely green and free of ice. Their base is in the mountains but the planet itself is covered with ice when it clearly wasn't before.

Those trees are covered in snow.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ImpAtom posted:

If you say so. v:shobon:v

you can see snow blow off the trees.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It did kill the sun, actually. I mean, it's literally called the Starkiller.

EDIT; lol.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

tetrapyloctomy posted:

It does seem a touch excessive, really, since a quick Google search says one second of the Sun's energy output is equivalent to the power our civilization would use for 500,000 years, and it's got five billion years left of fuel. Where does the mass go, and how do they contai--gently caress, IS THIS HOW YOU PEOPLE THINK ALL THE TIME?!

The big space machine sucks the sun into it's hole and then shoots the sun power out of it's hole. It's really quite simple!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

euphronius posted:

I love this because it is ambiguous. It could just be the landscape reflected in his eyes. But the landscape is also a metaphor for the turmoil of his emotions! Ah! The pt. so good.

It's pretty clearly Sith eyes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He got sith eyes when he was burning and screaming "I HATE YOUUUU"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

computer parts posted:

How is the scene in the throne room not "Palpatine manipulating both sides to get what he wants"?

Because he's doing it with cool things like spaceships and men in gas masks rather than through trade disputes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Only time I was bothered by her performance was when she said "It was Snoke".

Carrie Fisher, should not say Snoke.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The original line was "It was coke."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kulkasha posted:

Did anyone have somebody walk out of the theater after Han gets iced? I counted one dude at mine.

Maybe they just had to piss.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Darth Caucasion

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Finn is related to Ice Cream Cloud City man.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Wherever it's from he's right, you're never gonna see a teenager ejaculating over a comatose girl in pedestrian western sci-fi works such as "Star Wars", so f it.

Well, Finn is in a coma so anything is possible.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Speaking of that, James Cameron's gonna have to sell the poo poo out of Avatar whenever it comes out. What's going to be the gimmick to get people to see it?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TheMaestroso posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Cinema Discusso > Carrie Fisher's face is full of botox. You've been warned!

IT WAS SNOKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Carrie Fisher owns.

• Locked thread