Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Why is this guy wearing sunglasses on his head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

How the gently caress does a thread move so loving fast.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Look at this chump that paid thousands for a game that probably will never exist.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

What are the Sandi letters that I keep seeing referenced? Anybody have a link?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Some Twitter users who have tweeted nothing but pro-SC and anti-Smart stuff were apparently trying to troll me but eventually gave up and stopped replying to me when I made it clear that I sincerely did not care

#toopussytofacereality and #gay

I really love twitter. Its just amazing.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I just read this and it was worth the read. This is why you don't let family be executives in your company with any real power.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

She was sort of generically cute when she was younger, in an "interchangeable Hollywood starlet" kind of way, but time is being unnecessarily cruel to her.

Most actresses get better at their jobs over time. Considering how irredeemably bad she is as an actress today, can you even imagine how bad she must have been in the beginning, before all her swords training?

I bet her DNA is on every casting couch across 10 countries.

I am pretty sure if anything she has taken dna on every casting couch across 10 countries.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

AP posted:

He seems to be:-

Jeff Clark, Austin, Quality Assurance, June 2015 – January 2016 (8 months)

I like how often unemployed people are also the CEO of their 1 person company. Funny how that works out.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

I feel like I'm starting to suffer from one for actively talking to them.

Then again I try to be a nice person and like talking to people.

Except the Belgians.

gently caress those guys.

I applied to a job in Flower Mound. Is that a bad area?

Don't work at funimation.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

The op really needs to have the juicier stuff included more often.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

"I don't understand why the same bugs have existed for this long"

"You don't know anything about software development"

Repeat, every thread.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

G0RF posted:

You say "backpedaling", they say "revamping"...

Why is he continually namedropping like anyone would know who the gently caress those people are.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

kordansk posted:

shes still ugly

I get why people really dislike sandy... But seriously? Calling her ugly is a bit of a stretch.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Variable 5 posted:

She's actively ripping people of for hundreds/thousands of dollars. I think we can call that "ugly." She's a disgusting human being.

kordansk posted:

ugly is much more than looks.

runsamok posted:

Can I call her a faded & haggard harridan?

Remember how this thread makes fun of shitizens for being delusional? Lets not become the things we make fun of. Sandy certainly is a vile sociopath. As far as unattractive... eh... lets me honest with ourselves. For a 40 something talent-less hack, she isn't half bad looking.

Not this is a point I want to argue page after page over, just seems like a silly thing to attack her on. Goons are better than that at least compared to shitizens? Right? :iiam:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thanks to darkarchon for pointing this post out. It's disturbingly resonant. CIG has a history of reactionary measures. Often those reactions, such as with basically everything Ben has ever done, end up being terrible failures. But it never dawned on me that the same approach would also be true of the game design. It makes perfect sense when you consider the fact that CR's interest in the gameplay of Star Citizen is insignificant compared to his interest in the cinematic aspects. Without a clear sense of leadership, established design documents, and a cohesive vision for gameplay the individual designers and developers are forced to largely come up with things on their own. This is not what someone who extensively plays his own game and is familiar with the mechanics looks like. In the absence of feedback from those in charge of course the designers are going to listen to the community and whatever the most vocal users say. Who else can they listen to?

My impression is that this guy wanted to make movies but out of lack of funding for one he decided to make video games instead. I am certain that after getting 100 million he would have preferred to have made a movie instead and thinks about that fact all the time.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Mirificus posted:

Well, that certainly removes any doubt whether CIG monitors PMs for dissent.

I would assume chargeback is probably a filter word they look for in pm's. Wouldn't be surprised if they have a system in place to send out alerts when people pm each other with that keyword.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Herman Merman posted:

Do you have trouble telling the characters y and i apart?

See, this is the level of poo poo posting that only shitizens should be doing. Disgusting and shameful.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I just realised you can click on the <Message Deleted> and it will show you the original message. Chat's much funnier now.

Everyone that spends any amount of time on twitch needs the betterttv pluggin for chrome. One of the options is that deleted chat messages are auto shown for you.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Is this man unable to go one or two posts without saying the words 'Wing Commander'?

The entirety of the dialog from Borderlands 2 is jokes cast off from reddit.

Wing commander is still his life and may always be. Its been his only claim to fame and its got him the job he has today.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Can anyone remind me what the motivation is for goons to destroy Star Citizen? I haven't been here long, so I think I missed the meeting where we all agreed to bring down this 100 million dollar company by laughing at it.

I am pretty sure the only things goons are actively trying to destroy is the illusion that this is a good game. Hell, even a game at all.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not ignoring you - this thread moves a hell of a lot faster when you actively participate then just sitting back reading/lurking. I'll respond because I see you put a good deal of effort in the post:

To start, I want to say that your math is based on just as much speculation about pricing as has been spewed by CR himself. I don't think he truly knows or understand the ratio/formula for real life price conversion yet and that he just needed to respond to that question when asked because - it was asked.

That said, let's assume similar numbers: If you take a $250 dollar ship, and convert that into 3x the worth, you get $750 equivalent in UEC. Currently, you can purchase 20,000 UEC for $20. That means, it will cost 750,000 UEC to purchase the constellation that you mentioned.

What we don't know yet is just how much grind is required to churn out UEC. In arena commander, a 20 minute dogfight that consists of some kills nets you approx 500-1000 REC points (rental credits). I can't imagine that this will be the earning rate for UEC, but for sake of argument, let's say it is. At 20 minutes, earning 750 REC, you would need approx 333 hours (750,000 UEC / 750 REC = 1000 * 20 minutes = 20,000 minutes. 20,000 minutes of fighting / 60 = 333.3 hours) of fighting to earn 750,000 REC (and I'm saying REC is equal to UEC for the sake of this argument because I have nothing else to compare). If you play 6 hours daily, 42 hours in one week, that would require close to 8 weeks of gameplay to earn the amount of REC (and in the spirit of this argument, UEC) to buy the Connie.

Now, as you mention, we don't the earning rates for different ships. Starting with an Aurora instead of a Hull-E could mean it will require more effort to earn a ship with in-game UEC. But, there will likely be needs for crew on other ships, missions you can acquire, etc that would supplement the low earn-rate of the Aurora. Likewise, we don't know the earn-rate of the Hull-E. Is hauling cargo worth 10x the earn rate of an Aurora? I think there are a lot of variables that are unanswered to make an educated guess at this time.

Sunk cost fallacy make people do and rationalize silly things.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

D_Smart posted:

It's worse than that.

"Two weeks" and "I predicted this back in..." is pretty much played out. If you are sitting on info but don't want to release it for whatever reason, you could simply keep it to yourself until news breaks. Nobody gives a poo poo that you predicted anything or you knew before info was released publicly but you here. Save that poo poo for trolling the idiots on reddit.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Wrecked Angle posted:

So hyped yo!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

D_Smart posted:

My guess from page 2681 is one of the government people you had a meeting with has finally decided to take a look at CiG instead of giving you the you're-just-jealous runaround.

D_Smart posted:

I can neither confirm, nor deny that.

I really hope that it isn't that because seriously that would be pretty lame loving hype. :flaccid:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Ryan you loving hack

BY RAYN ACNHR

Not to be confused with:

not by ryan archer

Is there still a thread for this? I have noticed he hasn't gotten on twitter or posted on reddit since he was called out.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Roberts seems to mention batshit things that will never end up in a game every other minute. I can't fathom how anyone could listen to this and ever believe any game could have all this detail.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

So Roberts just said something that I find to be absurd. He states that desync happens because the FPS of the server drops to be less than your client and then you desync. What the bloody hell? Why would the server be rendering anything fps related? Does he know what the gently caress he is talking about at all?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.

Go gently caress youself.

Signed,

Literally everyone that read that

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

D_Smart posted:

In fairness to others, I have to re-think my position.

So new rules. For every loving Ryan Archer post, which means 1 day of my not posting AND skipping pages, I want to see at least 4 non-RA posts. So that's a good ratio and it means that I won't miss that many pages.

But seriously, unlike my reading every post religiously, if this RA bullshit continues, even with the above ratio, it just means a lot of skipped pages containing stuff directed at me; and which will never get replies.

Nope, still go gently caress yourself.

The End.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

D_Smart posted:

You're not very bright are you? Your post just helped the ratio quota.

I hate to shatter your illusions but if you never posted on SA ever again this thread would still exist and just as much information would end up in it.

Actually, it would probably have less blue balls.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

blueberrysmith posted:

please don't steal, original art

3 days. 3 days to tell us that he had nothing to tell us 3 days ago.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

So did anybody figure out what the gently caress "3 more days" actually meant?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Fooma posted:

Remember if you aren't just trying to be a goon and actually have information regarding corporate insider knowledge, don't post. Don't share. I can guess as what Derek has in his hands right now, do not be made part of it. Things need to resolved on their own, these forums can be subpoenaed for information on the poster.

Its really not that serious. Don't let people drum up fear by making a mountain of a mole hill. :justpost:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It works even better in the reverse. If I give you "W4:S3:V11:P203" you wouldn't be able to do much of anything until you had the hex.

I remember when beer posts were interesting to read.

This code gimmick ranks pretty high up there as far as dumb forum gimmicks go.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Kilmers Elbow posted:

New ship sale.

Introducing the TRITON.

Is that a mouthguard on the end?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I wonder what kind of salary Chris pays himself and his wife from donation money.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Seriously, if it's one thing that I hate the most, it's when someone makes a mistake, and simply doesn't have the balls to own up to it.

Then, instead of just walking away, they double down.

I have figured it out. I have cracked the code.

The reason you hate Chris so much is because he is exactly like you. You are both egotistical without merit, confident without backing, and too happy to believe in the bullshit you spew. You are both two of the biggest man babies the world has ever known.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Yea

I will give derek props for being better to his employees though

After some of the rants he has gone on, do you really believe that he is pleasant to work for? At this point the only thing he has on Chris is that his game was actually finished.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Moving off steam seems like a terrible business idea. Good luck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wakapedia/status/719711057023905792

• Locked thread