Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Trapick posted:

Would it be better if she defended the rich for free?

I doubt even she could defend how dumb this post is!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Jordan7hm posted:

the segregation-clock issues may also explain why the case of one inmate who has spent more than 1,500 days in segregation at Thunder Bay Jail did not show up in the provincial statistical release.
A concerned correctional officer told her that one inmate had spent more than four years in segregation. When she asked jail officials about the inmate, she was led to a windowless floor of the jail and shown a cell that was covered on all four walls with Plexiglas and illuminated by 24-hour light. Inside was a young aboriginal man who spoke to her through a small hole in the Plexiglas.

“He told me he had difficulty speaking as well as he used to because of the lack of human contact,” she said. “He also talked about how the presence of artificial light made it such that he couldn’t perceive the difference between day and night, that he couldn’t recall time periods in the past at all. He also mentioned to me several incidents of self-harm and showed me scars related to those incidents.”

It's really cool that we've decided it's okay to slowly turn human brains into mush over the course of decades.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
God dammit, Justin

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Furnaceface posted:

He convinced enough people that nothing was getting done because his minority wasnt given enough power.

Also voter burnout. Wasnt it like 3 elections in 5 years?

To be honest if I had to go and cast a vote against Harper every day for a decade I'd do it with a spring in my step.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
This is getting into weird, bi-erasure territory. Maybe y'all can stick some electrodes to his dick and see if it moves when he's near a sexy otter.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Postess with the Mostest posted:

3 is the magic number. Not two. Not one, not four. Two is dumb, it's just two ones. As a professional expert pedant, I love that the bi loophole exists. A white guy born to white parents grows up privileged, parents pay university where they meet more white people and network and get hired by other white people. Marry a white lady, have a white kid. The privileged white man decides he wants to make the world more progressive for other people but alas he is blocked by the progressive party's policy. Wait, a loophole. Despite being in a monogamous loving relationship, he hasn't completely written off the idea of a relationship with another man, maybe down the road, who knows, he's not a wizard. As a bi man, the NDP now qualifies him as an equity deserving group. Congratulations bi man, gently caress the haters. And he really is underrepresented. I can name lots of gay politicians and straight politicians but I can't think of a single one who identifies as bi.

Bible A Lie & Word Is Lies. Navel Connects 4 Corner 4s. God Is Born Of A Mother – She Left Belly B. Signature. Every Priest Has Ma Sign But Lies To Honor Queers. Belly B. Proves 4 Corners. Your dirty lying teachers use only the midnight to midnight 1 day (ignoring 3 other days) Time to not foul (already wrong) bible time. Lie that corrupts earth you educated stupid fools. GoBelly-Button Logic Works. When Do Teenagers Die? Adults Eat Teenagers Alive, No Record Of Their Death. Father Son Image, Not Gods. Every Man Born Of Woman.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Besides, everyone knows Abraham Lincoln was gay and also had aspergers and dyslexia and marfan and morgellons.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

JVNO posted:

I'm a bi man who's currently in a monogamous, 7 year long relationship with an opposite sex partner. I have had multiple same-sex relationships in the past, but I guess I'm just a straight guy trying to pretend to be a disadvantaged minority.

Seriously, get hosed with the biphobia and erasure garbage.

Literally, unironically same except 5 years.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Interesting that women and other genders don't suffer as much from this problem.

Women also suffer from bi-erasure, what are you even saying?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

You specified bi men in your post instead of bi people? I figured that was the reason

Bi women tend to be told they're "just experimenting" or "going through a phase" whereas Bi men are either kept in the closet or just told that they're actually gay.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

peter banana posted:

That's what heteros think of bi women. Lesbians just want nothing to do with you and don't want you at pride unless accompanied by your lesbian partner (don't even show up if you're single.)

Also that part, yes.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Pinterest Mom posted:

Process of elimination, mostly. Hudak didn't run particularly strong in the riding even when he was leader, the OLP is the OLP, the ONDP has surprising strength in the Niagara region, and the PCs nominated a literal child whose main claim to fame is really disliking that women have agency.

Yeah Niagara, especially Welland is strong NDP turf, a lot of people there are still in unions or were within the last 10 years.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

infernal machines posted:

I feel odd sitting next Ikantski in the "I told you fuckers this was going to happen" box, but here we are, and no one wanted to listen back in 2014 with the specter of another Ford mayoralty haunting us.

Bonus: This is the lobbying/consulting dream team that enabled Uber to buy their own legislation in Toronto.

I spent hours convincing friends that strategically voting for Tory would be worse than another term of Ford. I'm not sure how many listened but man, being right sucks sometimes.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Newfie posted:

Liberal politician apologizes for telling Labrador First Nations to just stop eating fish if government action at muskrat falls causes their food supply to become tainted with methyl mercury.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3818408?client=ms-android-htc-rev

This has been part of an ongoing series of protests against the falls in Labrador due concerns over poisoning caused by flooding the area without spending the money to remove the surrounding bio matter to stop it from being an issue. Some good signs were recently at protests in Ottawa saying "truth and reconciliation and poison". If you want a great example about how all levels of government give no fucks about First Nations, look no further.

This blows my mind. I've been trying to track down info on where the mercury came from but I can't find any. Regardless, methylated mercury compounds are not to be hosed with unless you enjoy dying via slow brain death I'm a quivering heap.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

vyelkin posted:

Canada has fallen from first to 25th in the world on gender equality according to the UN.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/26/canada-women-un-ranking-discrimination-justin-trudeau

The Guardian knows their audience so they point out the difference between style and substance in the Trudeau government:

It's a bit misleading because we were in first place in 1995, not last year, but still.

The guardian has been tearing Trudeau a new rear end in a top hat lately, it's great.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

DariusLikewise posted:

How high can we raise taxes before CI decides to finally give up and leave? That's about the threshold right there.

make the top tax bracket 69% so nobody can complain about it without people giggling about the sex number

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

patonthebach posted:

Im not pro big business at all (im a incredibly staunch union guy, fair wages for all workers, etc) I just dont know how far you can go on taxing individuals to where you make it so the high earners just want to leave Canada and go to somewhere where they can save more of their money. If you are some kind of programmer ninja that is making killer iphone apps and getting paid 240 grand a year, do you want to take home 130 grand in Canada or 180 grand in USA? How about if you manage a snow plow company making 400 grand in revenue? Take home 300 of that in USA and invest/expand or stay in Canada and take home 210 grand.

Same idea for the best doctors, engineers, etc etc

These are theoretical figures, just trying to illustrate my thoughts.

Those people left already and some of them are coming back across the border anyway because san fran and seattle kinda suck and are getting worse all the time.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
The fact that weed legalization is even being talked about makes me furious because a billion single issue idiots voted red because of it.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
legalize every drug except weed, death penalty for weed

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Wow PT6A is.... right??

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Yeah it's nuts, my favourite is going to rural Ontario and seeing some poor gently caress who's had one too many duis biking 400km with 40lbs of groceries

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
If this thread really wants to slapfight about this poo poo I can post a picture of my dumb 6'4 rear end at 180lbs and 240lbs and then we can all agree that BMI is only really useless on population-scale and not individual scale and that waistline measurement is far easier to calculate and far more important to diagnosing unhealthy weight.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Eat more, IMO.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

a fleshy snood posted:

Have you guys forgotten that weed is the most important issue facing civilization in the 21st century

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I wish it wasn't racist to wear war bonnets because they look cool as poo poo. On the other hand I think wearing woad and the valknut are racist now too so I can't do that either. Thanks, racists 8(

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Wikipedia: it's good.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

vyelkin posted:

410,757,864,530 voters

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

If I remember, you're also a big proponent that electronic voting computers are a horrible idea and ripe for abuse, how do you feel that could affect the US election?

They are a horrible idea. Ballots are really, really secure and voting machines are not.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Ambrose Burnside posted:

paper ballots are perfectly suited to the particular needs and idiosyncrasies of large elections and theres no good case for moving away from them beyond "i owe diebold shareholders a significant favour"or similar

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Careers was a loving terrible course and civics has the potential to be good but it's often taught by the lowest teacher on the totem pole.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

CLAM DOWN posted:

My high school didn't have civics or "careers" way back when. We had a 1 semester class on why meth was bad and this is what a condom is you should use one.

To be fair, this is also pretty important.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

flakeloaf posted:

We didn't have anything of the sort. Closest we got was a computerized personality test to tell us what kind of job we'd be suited for, but the test bugged out and told everyone they should be bus drivers.

Everyone in my class got aerospace engineer or park ranger.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Risky Bisquick posted:

Just show them apps like YNAB. Have them pick careers and work backwards from their salaries to see how much it costs to live how they'd like to.

Apps, the future of our kids.

"So you'll see here that you're hosed forever and will never afford a house and will probably need 5 roommates for the next three decades. Vote Trudeau!"

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Mameluke posted:

Turn Civics and Careers into full-credit courses, throw out grade 12 English.

If you haven't gotten it by now after living in Ontario your whole life you can burn an elective on it. Everyone else can take shop (if you live in a school board that can still afford it) or computers or a secord history credit, which is functionally the same as English but includes critical thinking and trivia.

Oh yeah high school history in Ontario is just module after module about how AWESOME AND PROGRESSIVE Canada is. 12 weeks of Sikh RCMP officers wearing turbans and the Komagata Maru and not a single mention of the war of 1812, Confederation, the world wars, Korea...

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

I found this article to be an excellent insight into the generally incomprehensible Liberal mind.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-neil-macdonald-1.3829436

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

PT6A posted:

Yeah, I'm sure kids in grade 8 are cynical about trade deals and trans-national organizations. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I was.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Lobok posted:

Queen's Park:

This is incredible, I hope it's real.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Yeah they have huge orders for Mexico City or something? We just can't buy in the volume to get us higher priority. I mean there's issues with the parts being trash too, thanks, NAFTA!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Risky Bisquick posted:

This is more a quality control issue than an issue with mexico manufacturing in general.

Yeah this is what I was getting at. Manufacturing in multiple locations seems like a surefire way to get lots of mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Yeah potbellied union leaders aren't exactly the most politically correct people on earth.