Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Risky Bisquick posted:

Bitcoin rules, sorry guys

yeah it's a great way to find gullible idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

It's not enough to reflexively hate anyone with family name Black?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Yeah that works better when you're not using a word starting with J directly before the disputed word. loving coward.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Good access to running water, what the hell is he complaining about?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

namaste friends posted:

Yah cops shouldn't be expected to do anything you capitalist monsters

What is their job anyways

Hassle people who don't look right, raise money for their own charity by playing hockey vs. the fire department.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Because BCers and Albertans are not opponents. They are neighbours. They are fellow countrymen and women, who want the best for themselves and each other.

Every day millions of Canadians in both provinces work together, play together, build communities and a great country together.

BCers don’t want to block Alberta’s resources. They want to know that the coast is protected. For too long it wasn’t, and now it will be. The Oceans Protection Plan makes sure of that.

Albertans care as much about Canada’s natural beauty as anyone. Spend some time camping or hiking around Kananaskis Country and talk to people. You won’t find more passionate defenders of conservation and the environment. They wouldn’t dream of putting it in jeopardy.

So, you want to tell us how they're actually preventing oil spills with that Ocean's Protection Plan? I see lots of words about everything else, but their prevention plan looks non-existent.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

CLAM DOWN posted:

Cool, so Sask wants to get owned by court challenges too. Do we even import oil from that racist hellhole?

Yeah, they evidently export to BC.

"The government said on Monday, in 2017 lack of access to international markets cost Saskatchewan's oil producers $2.6 billion. In addition, the province would have received another $210 million in taxes, royalties and other revenue.

As for lost revenue to Saskatchewan if it restricted exports to B.C., the latest numbers from Statistics Canada shows Saskatchewan traded more than $350 million of refined petroleum products to B.C."

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

InfiniteZero posted:

Conservative Math Problem:

Which is better? Zero income tax gives full time-workers earning $14 an hour an extra $800 per year. Raising the minimum wage to $15/hr gives the same worker an extra $2080 in gross income and $1553 after taxes.

Conservative Solution:

TAXES BAD! FORD NATION! NO TAXES! FORD NATION!

That's a generous way to interpret it, when it's more of the same Conservative gently caress THE POOR mentality while trying to also get their votes.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Powershift posted:

Is not allowing BC wineries to sell directly to customers across the country not a restriction on trade?

It is, but NB is claiming that the primary purpose is to manage the supply of liquor in the province, therefore meeting the requirement of not being primarily intended to restrict interprovincial trade. It's a low bar to clear, but it's still there.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Yellow Ant posted:

Stephen Fry noooo. Is he a milkshake duck?

Not quite as bad as that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/stephen-fry-political-correctness-1.4662626

"I'm very, very... I won't say dreading, but I'm, hmm, somewhat tentative about this whole thing. I don't think Jordan Peterson is a man with whom I necessarily share an enormous amount of, you know…

But to me, that is the point. I wanted to appear with someone from a different side of the political spectrum, if you can put it that way, in order to express, as much as anything, just a sense of worry."

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

PT6A posted:

See also: Notley, Rachel

yeah who could have predicted the petrostate wasnt sustainable

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

James Baud posted:

This question structure is the most fun since hypothetically 17% of the vote can pick the new system.

The recommendation is two questions, first is whether or not you want PR, second is how you want to see PR if it happens. If 17% of the vote is picking the new system, there are a bunch of stupid motherfuckers.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Typo posted:

imagine a system in which trillium gets to hold everything hostage unless w/e weird soCon agenda they want gets passed because they are basically the 7% of parliament which the government needs to pass anything

Or maybe two major parties will have to, and I know this is completely hosed up and unbelievable, cooperate and compromise with each other.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Piece of poo poo acts like a piece of poo poo, news at 11.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

PT6A posted:

gently caress off tagesschau, you stupid fascist cracker motherfucker, you're not wanted here.

yeah stop calling him a cracker motherfucker

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

sitchensis posted:

So what the hell is going on with ICBC

Liberals raided it to pay other bills, NDP has been trying to unfuck the situation.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Arcsquad12 posted:

Would there be an uproar if the songs had been pulled for the sanity of retail workers?

Yeah, because hardly anyone gives a single poo poo about retail workers.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

If the federal NDP just wants to give up in BC, Notley would be a fine choice for their leadership.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

So some idiots from BCIT ran a poll that swayed libertarian WHAT A SHOCK.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Radical hot take: it is hard to do suicide by gun if you don't have easy access to a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Justin Trudeau does not have a problem with women, some of them are just being too uppity and should know how to talk to their betters.