Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

"Steady now, Newcastle are doing just fine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

julian assflange posted:

I hope the transfer AI is improved. I lost Manolo Gabbadiani to Bayern for 36m. Real Madrid promptly buy him six months later for 40m and then proceed to not play him for the entire duration of his 275k/w contract :pwn:
Yeah of all things I want this is the thing that I really really want but at the same time I'm almost confident they haven't done poo poo for it considering how lazy they've been on that front to date. I imagine if they do improve it it'll be a marquee thing and it'll be advertised so that dumbies like me buy it fast.

The fact that they've not mentioned AI transfer improvements means they probably haven't done much for it... but who knows I'm still grinding away in FM 15.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

So if you have a talented but inconsistent player are you just doomed to him under performing in half the matches or can you somewhat manage that by giving him a role off the bench. Making him save his magic for fleeting moments on the field instead.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

I'm still plugging away on 15, is 16 a must have or would I be safe in waiting for a steeper drop in price (or rather, 17.)

Outside of designing an ugly manager I don't see the point in buying, especially since the match engine was broken again after the beta progress.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

It'll cut off the future flow of the SA legend pipeline, but those who're already in it will still remain iirc. And depending on how wide that pool of talent is the damage could already be done.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

He had lunch with Sir Alex Ferguson once and he told him all his secrets about Championship Manager 96.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Still playing FM15 but I've run into a funny problem with PSG. It's Feb and I've yet to lose a match in any competition, headed towards a treble and potential CL glory. And yet, Zlatan, Cavani, Veratti, Van der Wiel, have all expressed leaving for a better division bc PL teams want them. In short, am I going to lose every player I ever have because Ligue 1 is a poo poo coefficient or can I safely ignore all of this and let them go on frees later after I've run their legs into the ground?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Luckily bids didn't materialize for any of them so they eventually dropped the issue. The only one who persists is Veratti whose moaning over reaching later stages of the CL. We're in the semi-final against Barca so lets see how it goes.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Adrianics posted:

My team was mentally strong
But physically short.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Booted up a new save in the PL and the ever present reminder that Liverpool and United have boosted their squads potentials a hell of a lot slapped me in the face once more. Like, Depay winning the golden boot with 32 goals in his first season. Wonder if he'll still be a world beater in FM17?

Also I wonder how big of a boost Vardy gets if he goes to Arsenal.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

mark-p87 posted:

I'm playing FM15 after ages away. First season with Arsenal went really well, 2nd in Prem with 89 points, unbeaten at home all season, CL final etc.

Now the second season is here and it's all gone to poo poo. I'm 8th in the league after losing 4 home games all from winning positions. Do the AI managers just figure your tactics out after the first season or something? I'm worried that if I throw a whole new tactic in my players won't have a clue and it'll get worse.

For the record I play most home games 4-2-3-1 with a DLP and CM, then two IFs and an AP. either AF or CF up front. Any advice is welcome at this point, although I must say I forgot how angry this game can make me!

Yeah you need to switch tactics up a bit, it's a mixture of AI's figuring out your tactic, complacency setting in on the team and seeing your clubs position/rep improved so teams you face will tend to sit back much more stifling your play and generally playing on the counter. Usually you can get away with just switching up the roles somewhat and not having to drastically overhaul formation shapes. At least, that's what I've always heard about it.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Masonity posted:

I generally go by this but don't be afraid of small changes. The players i have tend to control if I'm using wingers or inside forwards in my wide AM slots for instance. We rely on fullbacks for width anyway though so it's really a difference in how they attack the box and that's about it.

My favourite save so far this year is taking a middling premiership side (Swansea in my case) and trying to do a Leicester. Then build them into the best team in the world. It would have been easier if I was QPR or Palace probably as London vs Swansea and English vs Welsh regens. I'm probably too invested in this save to change now though. I have a spanish regen striker so good I almost want a Swansea shirt with his name on it... Not sure how I'd explain a Swansea shirt to my wife though...

How could I leave him?
13 technique and 13 long shots??? I'd rate him for my under 15's.

/s

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

I'm still playing on 15 and won't be buying 16, will eventually buy up 17 once the match engines somewhat sorted. General rule of thumb is to skip buying every year as typically the older game will still have all the relevant roster updates etc. and so there's no real point to drop $50 every year.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Ragingsheep posted:

How do updated transfers work on an older version? Do you still start in 2014 (for FM15) but have the correct squads for today?
Exactly that, game date remains the same but you'll have correct squads, contracts, injuries, guys outta contract etc. A few will even have updated promotion/relegation. That said I don't actually know of any databases that are current for the end of the season... I've been using one that was current at the end of the first transfer window but that's literally back in August so ymmv.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

sassassin posted:

The FM15 database on sortitoutsi.net was last updated at 11am this morning.

:chord: me gusta

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Waroduce posted:

what the gently caress is "thinks he should work on shooting"?

i switched this guys training to finishing but he's still bitching about it
You need to enroll him in pistol training, it's the first badge in his coaching qualifications.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

I didn't buy 16 on account of people saying how poor the match engine was. Anyways I hope they add the brexit demolishing the value of the pound as a feature. So I can raid EPL clubs like a wall street baron and maximize the value of the market as a pseudo wenger type manager.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Did your chairman take him to brothels in Thailand or buy him a brand new BMW?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can't wait for every player with 'Argues with officials' to get sent off every second game thanks to the new rules about dissent
Don't forget the shirt pulling focus either! It's a new dawn for defending corners and crosses.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

sassassin posted:

Dribbling controls the penalty to movement attributes that a player suffers when on the ball, so high dribbling is generally pointless without high agility.

A player with both will go round keepers (and other players) well.
I though it was balance that was important on ball and agility off ball?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

sassassin when are you gonna make an grognard effort post on all the match engine details because I want one already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vpu7sBaV0
give me your knowledge

OoohU fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 24, 2016

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

straight up brolic posted:

most goals i've ever scored in a PL match

what was your tactic?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

I for one hope its real so I can create Shite United with a giant brown blob as the mascot running down the touchline or meeting players celebrating at the corner flag.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Yeah I've not bought one since 14 and got 15 for free and loved it so never really had an urge to buy 16. That said, I think I'll snap this one up if I can find a decent offer... anyone have any cheap preorders that aren't dodgy russian resellers?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Shroud posted:

I am seriously beginning to despise the morale system in 16. Playing as Arsenal, at home, against Villa. Petr Cech (33 years old, Model Professional personality) is nervous. We're also up 1-0 at the half.

WHY IS HE SO GODDAMN NERVOUS?

Telling him "No pressure" has no effect. Who comes up with this?
I'd be nervous having to battle Rudy Gestede in the box with a broken head too.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

I'm preordering.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Beta to drop tomorrow.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

"I felt we were absolutely smashing them to bits, and feel the 5-2 result was undeserved."

- Walton "Big Brendo" Simons

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Also, it's not said enough but it's your players. Sometimes you can set up a tactical masterclass but if you're expecting Danny Drinkwater to be Andre Pirlo you're destined for a poo poo result. Sometimes with a poo poo team there's little you can do but set up a negative side and hope you can grind out a result. It's very similar to rl football in that regard in that not every team can play the "beautiful" game.

*Unless you're using one of those exploit formations like having 3 strikers in FM15.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

sassassin posted:

They're really letting the west ham researcher run wild with Lanzini.

Eh only 12 anticipation? He wouldn't make my XI...

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Fabinho for RB could be alright, although I don't remember what he costs.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Waroduce posted:

Ummmm Barca asked me for an interview after getting promoted to the Championship...

wtf

Is there anyway to actually get that job?

Maybe its a bug or something but if they asked for an interview then chances are you're in the running at least... what's your rep level?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

Aaag I'm getting murdered in League Two, when did the jump between there and the Conference get so big

My board threw money at me and I replaced my garbagemen with League Two-caliber players but I'm 20th in November :(
That's because having an entirely new XI (or even just a lot of new players) in a team means you've had very little time for the squad to gel together which means as an overall unit they perform much worse and are all individually learning your tactics alongside the rhythm of playing together. Chances are in the back end of the season you'll see a run of improved form and maybe survive the drop if your good enough.

FM models the "new division challenge" well enough in that freshly promoted teams don't just boss the next division unless they're bringing in talent a worlds above the rest, instead they have to survive the drop solidify and then get on with it.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Hmm so will Dynamics be cool and good? It definitely seems interesting and a good step towards representing the player power of the modern game. But at the same time considering how shite current player interactions are it seems like a quickly hosed up recipe. Also I'm almost certain the AI cannot manage it properly.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Segundo volante is Spanish for Second Wheel...I think it's a CDM?

Carrilero is a wingback.

Dunno about the other thing.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Don't think it's performance per say, but rather playing for the national team improves a players world reputation which in turn increases his worth.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Or a Regista... seems like a Kimmich type.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

"fix your specticles gaffer playing 2-6-4 is suicidal for me i've only 5 pace"

thassa fm24 feature convo

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

It's off 25% should I do it? I've heard some people like the new dynamics and scouting and other people hate it. Also hows the match engine handling things now or are average wing backs still gods like 16/17?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

So do any of you use loan fee's when you loan out players? I've always avoided it since I'm afraid it'll deter bids for my youngins but I kinda wanna start a Chelsea type academy.

Considering setting my loan standards at 100% wages and 200% loan fee but I feel like this will probably kill off my loan options. Guess I'll find out... :10bux: