Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I giggled about this post in an empty elevator today because I am 12 years old

Enfield posted:

i poop my pants

naem posted:

same (I poop your pants)

Germstore posted:

You have pants, and I have pants, and I have a butt. Now, my butt reaches acroooooss the room and starts to poop your pants. I- poop- your- pants!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Every once in a while the planets align and there is a funny post in D&D

Erenthal posted:

The Daily Mail is like a secret underground newspaper distributed by neo-nazis, right?

It's not an established paper with circulation that people read and nod along to, right? Right?

fatherboxx posted:

Literally The Daily Mail founder

Nenonen posted:

I see. And who is the guy on the left?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

From what I can tell, Lowtax got really mad at him for posting in a thread whose title and OP both consisted of the word "friend of the family" instead of instantly gassing thread banning OP, and making said post an image with no text when this was something he had previously probated people for. Lowtax gave him a 3-day probie in response to that, and instead of shooting him a PM or email to ask why, El Spider decided to express his confusion and sense of betrayal through the medium of the leper's colony which is a very weird and very public forum for something that could have been handled privately.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

seriously what was the point, it's right there and it's perfect

and they clearly saw it because they broke it up with commas the same way

"Your own personal cheeses" is a better pun on "your own personal Jesus", yes, but personal pizzas are an actual thing while I seriously doubt the pizzeria is actually making each customer their own private blend of cheese. Furthermore,

e: the actual explanation is in the thread though

mds2 posted:

I did not see the text on the banner. gently caress.

loquacius has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Dec 16, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

what is a poet? all balls no cock

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The basic tenant of Greek mythology boils down to all their gods living on a big hill but no one bothered to go climb it and check out what's up.

I think it was less that nobody bothered to climb it and more that they all thought you'd get killed by a thrown lightning bolt if you climbed it, but yeah it is kind of funny that they thought the gods lived on one specific mountain that was just kind of the largest one in the immediate area

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I really like how if someone posts an image and I don't know what it's supposed to be, my knee-jerk impulse is to assume it's a Loss reference and it is right every time

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

See a therapist.

The part a therapist would really have a good time with is that the #2 impulse is to assume it's a Goatse reference

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Context: a GBS thread about "Men Going Their Own Way," an Internet phenomenon consisting of really insecure dudes who, among other things, obsess about "alpha males," or "Chads" to use their parlance, stealing all the women

Mr Toes posted:

Stupid whores - I mean, why don't they go for the friendly dude who's also a psychotically violent knight protector! Never mind, though, 'cause I don't think the MGTOW group could collectively crush a stick of celery, never mind the bull-like neck of a fully mature, charging Chad.

King Vidiot posted:

Those loving charging chads got me every time in super mario world

many johnnys posted:

A typical chad exerting his privilege over the most disadvantaged group: the short fat autistic italian male.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

Well huh. I guess my anaconda do want some.

I object -- the context in the original song was that the gentleman's metaphorical anaconda's desire was contingent on the presence of buns, which is clearly also true of the literal reptile depicted in the picture in question, and furthermore,

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a shameful pig

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Syd Midnight posted:

They've got special medical terms for when someone is really, really dead as opposed to just dead. The best one I heard was "complete bodily disruption" but there's probably better.

I have decided that the terms are "merely dead" and "really most sincerely dead" and have no interest in learning any facts to the contrary

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I am actually kind of embarrassed that I got every aspect of this joke

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Can confirm, am super salty

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

If I asked for relationship advise and some bitter dude wrote a wall of fanfiction about my relationship I would do the opposite of what he said too.

Yeah I've always been torn about that post, because on the one hand I can't imagine changing my mind about a major life decision because some douche on the Internet heard one data point and wrote a novel about his snap judgment, but on the other hand I can't imagine him being wrong either.

Also, goons ALWAYS tell you to end your relationships. More than one person once told me to call off my wedding because my fiancee and I sometimes argue about where we'll live in ten years. I suspect they're just in it to feel better about not being in a relationship themselves. I say all this with the full knowledge that everything that post said was, more likely than not, 100% on-the-nose correct.

loquacius has a new favorite as of 17:33 on Jun 21, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A GOON IF...

...you fart so much and talk to people so rarely that your pet birds think farting is how you talk

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

GBS Falls For Reddit's Greatest Fakeposts: Vol. CVIII

I, too, hate and fear fun

If I hear fun happening outside my window, I draw the curtains and huddle beneath my noise-canceling headphones immediately

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alaois posted:

also a review of Godzilla about how godzilla is the main dudes dad and wants to gently caress him or w/e

At one point I actually really respected the Current Releases guys and trusted their opinions about movies, then I read this review and that all changed pretty fast

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I once had to explain to two people (over the Internet, not on SA) that "you reap what you sew" was the wrong spelling, and was informed in turn that I was wrong because they were pretty sure "sow" was a term for a female pig which was plainly nonsensical in that context

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Moon Slayer posted:

Context: The Something Awful Forums › Discussion › Debate & Discussion: You have a constitutional right to be a dumbass › C-SPAM › Trump Toxx: "Grab 'em by the pussy" - President Trump

There's a lot more after that, but you get the idea.

After being forced to read Baloogan's posts trolling the Bernie thread back in the day this was a very satisfying read to me, thanks much :tipshat:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

The butt cyst guy was one of the bachelor threads as well. Sometimes I think the only good thing that came from the bachelor threads was the duct taping of bags of wine in the shower to have a classy shower wine instead of a lowly shower beer.

wait, do you fill your glass in the shower, or do you tape the bag way up high and drink directly from the spigot, or do you poke a hole in the top and stick in some plastic tubing to use as a straw, or what

I *must* know

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

trapped mouse posted:

I had no idea what this was about, so I looked it up and :stare:

Sweet burn though.

Is this why someone bought a bunch of people Klurf avatars apparently at random last week?

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Allow me to present the sequel:

gonna read every SMG post this way from now on, thanks :tipshat:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

mock threads get like that, it's unfortunate but the content of this one is consistently hilarious and thanks to the subject matter the predictable posters are always blundering into making terrible confessions about their hosed up lives so that stays funny too. It's not like the old tvtyropes mock threads which eventually degenerate into earnest discussion of why liking turn-based RPGs is inherently racist

I like mock threads, but they absolutely do disappear up their own asses after a couple hundred pages. Just for fun, try dropping in on page 1000 or so of a mock thread mocking something you don't particularly care about. It's like they're speaking a different language. (In my case, trying this with the Xbone thread was an eye-opening experience and not in the way they'd expect)

I used to post in r/r but I had to quit because the in-thread drama rivaled the content and it was exhausting

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

you sort of got the sense people were looking at reddit posts and seeing the face of the ex who broke their heart

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I guess no one here has seen Elsa's comics from the R/ Relationships thread. They're loving hilarious.

Elsa was completely bonkers but then started only posting illustrated R/Relationship stories and did the most amazing worst to first since Mermaid Shelly.

That sounds like the kind of funny forums quote I would like to see posted in the funny forums quotes thread!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah that's the poo poo :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A couple of them like "You are not to get mad at me about a single thing ever again" or the one where he has to silently turn and walk away if a girl talks to him under any circumstances make it sound like a joke letter to me but if so it's not a very funny joke

I think I'm leaning toward "insane person is cheated on but seizes the opportunity to set up the controlling abusive relationship she always wanted"