Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Also, while chat thread was down I watched some Hellsing Ultimate and it is as good as I remember it being. Integra is the coolest and best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I just noticed the question was answered, so oops.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Hellsing has a pretty solid cast just in general.

They're all great and cool and awesome. But Integra is still the best out of all of them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like that in an anime with invincible immortal vampires, nazi werewolves, and crazy paladin's of God's judgement, it's the ordinary 20 year old human that is the biggest badass in the show.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sounds like a good date so far.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Humans have always vanquished monsters.

Monsters are nothing more than humans who weren't strong enough to survive.

I know! It's really great.

Hellsing is good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Hellsing was the second (or I guess possibly technically fourth) manga I ever read, and always somewhere nebulously on or just shy of my top ten manga picks.

I'm surprised by how well I found it held up. I thought I might have liked it back when I first watched just for the gore and action scenes, and while there was some stuff I disliked, it was legitimately really good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

Athena is still cool and a good addition to the Ace Attorney cast, even if her gimmick mechanic is kind of lame and not implemented very well.

Blackquill's mood matrix testimony is one of the best parts of the game and justifies the mechanic.

Best new mechanic is the thought route though. It should have been used more often, even if that kinda goes against how it's just supposed to end cases.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

All the extra gimmicks in phoenix wright games aren't implemented the best honestly, though I still like them. The Magatama is probably the best but that's just because it plays the exact same as being in court, and so it doesn't really offer anything new.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

thought route was good

Oops yeah. Thought route is fantastic. They should keep it for all future AA games.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

aa2 is the worst game in the series, and it's right between the second best game in the series (aa1) and the best game in the series (aa3)

I think I liked DD a bit more than aa1 but that's pretty much my thoughts on the series.

AA2 still does have the best final case in the series though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

The fact that the prospect of more returning characters is the only thing the fanbase really gets excited about these days makes me think it would've been for the best if the series ended at T&T. Not that I disliked DD, but it felt like a very "safe" game, and I think that AA6 will be similar, what with the huge focus Spirit Medium stuff is going to get again.

I hope most of the cameos in newer AA games are going to be from some of the more recent games instead of characters from the original trilogy. But I admit I still want to see Gumshoe back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

maya and franziska aren't in dd because they're on their honeymoon

That was Adrian and Franziska silly.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

Sorry, Phoenix belongs with Franziska.

Phoenix is better as a single dad.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

I just wish we'd gotten Dai Gyakuten Saiban. :sigh:

Same.

I still believe in localisation though. Eventually, many years into the future when they release it as a bundle with the rest of the Dai Gyakuten Saiban trilogy which will probably be made.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

Adrian has learned how to depend on herself since AA2.

Yeah, but she doesn't need to depend on Franziska to marry her.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

littleorv posted:

I still have not finished DD. I'm at the beginning of the fourth case I think.

I like that case. You should play it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Apollo and Athena are really cool in DD and it almost makes me mad Phoenix was even playable at all, even though I really like him as the boss of a bunch of rookie lawyers.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

is anyone going to tell trucy and apollo theyre related

When either Trucy or Apollo become the defendant in the final case of aa6.

Motto posted:

I like that "Wright & Co." is an actual law firm now, rather than just Phoenix, whatever kids are bugging him at the time, and Charley, but it really cuts down on how much time each lawyer can have as the lead. They managed to give everybody a good role in DD's finale, but I'm curious about how they'll handle Apollo (and Athena if she comes back) in AA6, since Phoenix will almost certainly be the guy to handle the first and last cases.

Controversial AA opinion: Phoenix has pretty much had his character arc completed and future AA games should have Athena and Apollo replace him as the main characters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

I feel similarly, but I don't see it happening. I'm really happy that DD didn't over-correct and try to pretend that AA4 straight-up didn't happen like a lot of people wanted though.

Same, to both those points. I still hope it happens though, I honestly don't see what they'll do with Phoenix if they keep him in the main character position. What else is there left for him to do? He seems pretty completed as a character.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

he'd make a fine mentor figure, but that isn't really something he needs to be playable for.

:agreed:

chumbler posted:

Well AA6 is most likely going to have a lot of focus on his relationship with Maya given the whole Kurain thing. Who knows whether they'll have the guts to sink any ships, though.

Well I kinda imagine half the point of bringing back the Kurain stuff was so that Phoenix could remain the main character. Because he's got a history with that sort of stuff, but I doubt he'll actually grow from it or anything because I don't see anywhere else for him to go.

If an aa7 or aa8 happens I really hope they take the risk and make the newbies of the office the main characters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Another controversial AA opinion: I hope Maya doesn't play too much of a role in aa6 because i'd like the screentime to go to newer characters and it'd be a shame if she was the major focus in it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tomo's mum is a babe.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

homeless snail posted:

she's not nice to tomo

She just doesn't want tomo to embarrass herself in front of her boyfriend.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

people give aa5 way more poo poo than it deserves, it's good and AA6 is gonna be good

Who is giving dd poo poo? For those people likely have bad opinions and, should not be listened to.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm stuck on what I am pretty sure is the final case of AA because Von Karma is an enormous tool.

He's a jerk. Beat him with your logic and contradiction-finding skills!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Some dude on ANN wrote an article about Bleach's decline and pretty much every point he listed off was something anyone who's kept up with Bleach has known for years.

Link it to me so I can agree with his points.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

people who stopped reading when aizen died are pretty common tbh

Those people are smarter than I. But those who stopped even before that are smarter still.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He should've spent more time talking about what went wrong during the Aizen arc rather than acting as if it got significantly badder after his defeat. Instead of it being just as bad except over a longer period of a time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

I still maintain that the Soul Society arc is where everything started to fall apart.

It's where the things that would become problems were introduced but I don't think they were necessarily issues in that arc at least.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Bleach is about finding the 2-dimensional personality you like amidst a sea of 2-dimensional and 1-dimensional personalities and cheering relentlessly for that personality till the very end.

In my case those personalities are Mayuri and Kenpachi.

Basically I would like it if fights had more consequences that Character A dies while Character B suffers from no repercussions. An invincible villain who shitstomps everyone with no effort until the main character 1 v 1s him is no fun at all.

Bleach even had its own Hyperbolic Time Chamber moment right before the loving fight against Aizen. At least Vegeta beat the crap out of Semi-Perfect Cell while Goku and Gohan were training.

Ichigo getting a training arc in the middle of the final battle with Aizen was hilarious. :allears:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

A few of them were. Simultaneous cast bloat and under-utilization, training cheating, uninteresting fights; only Ichigo ends up mattering despite him being the most removed.

The fights were good i'll have you know. :colbert: (well, most of them I think. And I don't remember the series being really great at fights before the ss arc anyway)

Cast bloat though was definitely an issue, yeah.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Ichigo has shown up like once in the past year I think.

At least 5 times i'd say. Though I think he's only actually done 1 thing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The fights where Mayuri instantly wins after 5 chapters of him saying "no your attacks don't work" are bad actually.

Ichigo vs Kenpachi was a good fight though. There were some good fights in soul society, Mayuri vs Uryuu, Renji vs Byakuya, Ichigo vs Byakuya, I think even some really small fights like Ganju vs Yumichika were pretty neat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Almost every fight in Bleach I can recall just comes down to one dude overpowering the other with their ability or spirit energy or something. Fights weren't a priority for the series prior to the SS arc and for awhile Kubo coasts on just making them look cool, but past a certain point the luster wears off and you begin to pick up on just how substanceless everything is.

I'm fine with that happening as long as something is done with it and it's not just "oh I am stronger than you I guess". Like Uryuu sacrificing his powers to finish off Mayuri or Renji shattering his blade trying to kill Byakuya but failing and even Ichigo finding his resolve and trusting his sword in the fight with Kenpachi. It all still comes down to one character is stronger than the other, but I think those can still be done in enjoyable ways.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Space Flower posted:

I tune into Bleach when Rukia is around. Her bankai where she becomes a chameleon is pretty cool.

Wait. That's what her bankai does?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

lol that yaoi VN has a body hair setting so you can adjust how hairy the dudes are.

That's considerate of them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

There's a tone to the terrible anime-lite games I've been recommended like Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney that seems like it's going for whimsical and just comes across as flat, unrealistic, unfunny and childish in a really insufferable way.

It's embarrassing because someone seeing me watching this poo poo would think I'm a mental adolescent who believes humans interact that way. It's kind of like listening to Beastie Boys in your car. poo poo's just embarrassing.

How is unrealistic possibly a complaint for loving ghost trick. A game that heavily involves ghosts?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Thinking about doing something different next con, is dual cirno with a friend a bad idea?

Go as Clownpiece instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah.

I totally understand why a lot of newcomers just jump into the games and love them without a thought. If you don't have any history with the games, you've no idea what you're missing or what's wrong. A lot of us (thought not all of us, obviously) who've played the earlier iterations though tend to feel betrayed.

So as someone who has not played a fallout before, you're saying that I should get fallout 4?

• Locked thread