Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

AoS cannot fail it can only be failed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I paint all my models with the same toothbrush. For larger models I sit them in front of a high powered box fan and throw paint into the fan blades

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The final evolution of Chaos warriors will basically be Cousin Its styled like top knots with top knots wielding flails that have top knots in place of spiked balls

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Could it be that Calth didn't do so hot because people are still waiting for the other AoS shoe to fall on 40K? The CEO did say the AoS treatment was in process for the other line. It'd be kind of funny if AoS is such a black hole it's drawing every thing else down around it like some kind of reality ball of despair

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

fnordcircle posted:

To be fair, the guy Aaron Hernandez killed knocked into Aaron's drink at a club and made him spill some.

But the LIEberal media will never give you that side of the story.

Everyone knows that was just an excuse. He really killed the guy as an offering of loyalty to Dark Lord Belichick

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

I was looking at some of the art released for the new space wolf stuff, why does fantasy flight always have fantastic art in their warhammer games and games workshop hire dudes putting out work like this?

I always assumed they were pulling from the same pool of talent but i guess not.

I had no idea this was 40K and not AoS until you told me so and saw the tiny itty bitty space marines in the background :psyduck: Also who the hell at GW has a hard on for top knots? Every loving new model seems to have one, even loving Tau

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

the panacea posted:

FFG just announced a Miniature Wargame! Fantasy setting and mixing descent with Xwing/Armada systems!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/5/runewars-the-miniatures-game/

It's amazing how nicely the Xwing style systems make miniature games flow so much better while not getting rid of any depth. Sadly they don't really let me forge a narrative so I have to pass for a better system *throws another fat flying baby in gold armor on to the pile of miniatures in the center of the table*

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Wanna pet that snake

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

FrostyPox posted:

This is also true. But I really question GW's ability to really learn the right lesson from..... anything, really.

They proudly proclaim they never do market research on anything they do of course they won't learn anything

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Speaking of GW games in stores does any other miniature game have the issue of players having to worry about being declared a "WAAC" if their army is good at winning? I dropped out of GW poo poo awhile ago and just ventured onto dakka and forgot how much of a witch hunt WAAC poo poo is and how you're an awful player if you play a list that is designed well compared to a "fluffy" list. I don't recall any other game really having an issue like that

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It is possible to be sociable and nice and have fun and still play a game to win these are not mutually exclusive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

fnordcircle posted:

The big problem with patching a game is the type of people who bloviate about DESIGN FLAWS and poo poo like they know what the gently caress they're talking about.

"Let's borrow LoS rules from Warmachine and use them in this GW game" is one thing, but normally the patching fucks up things even worse.

You really can't patch GW games because the rules are broken from even the most basic function. Patching one thing just shows off multiple other areas of terrible rules. Fix those and yet more horrible balance issues become apparent

• Locked thread