Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I still like shooting and/or sneaking for crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

In all seriousness Vox, why do you do this challenge? Is it fun, or an unhealthy desire for 100% completion?

quote:

Vox

quote:

fun

Come on, think about it for like five seconds.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, I suspect that Overkill not talking with Wilko is that they trust him to not be a giant piece of poo poo and thus they don't need to gently caress with him.

Definitely all in on some storytime, though, yes.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Oh drat, I stand corrected.

gently caress these lastbullet people

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

isndl posted:

Black Marketing: Complete any heist with all four crew members using a stat-boost weapon skin.

:v:

You might as well just call that "salt production."

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What if some of the people I played with in the past few weeks don't go for headshots? Is there a polite way of saying what needs to be said?

Are the cops dying?

If the cops are dying then what needs to be said is absolutely nothing.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Are the cops the ones I can see through walls outside of the bank lying on the ground insisting I get them up? If so, yes, the cops are dying.

Name and shame, then.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Not goons sadly.

I feel like a jackass but it feels too drat good to wear the ICTV and know full well I can go pick them up without issue and not do it. What's that? Chhhhhrt you're chhhhhhshsh break shshshs I can't hear shshsh you.

Holy poo poo wow.

So you play with pubbies and then you act like a pubbie.

I think there's a lesson to be learned here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/pointbreak/

oh what the gently caress

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Well, we've already got not-Keanu, now we'll have not-Swayze, we just need not-Busey and not-....who the gently caress else was in that movie? Anthony Kiedis was in it, I know that. Right, so, a fake Chili Pepper and we've got the Not The Real Point Break Cast.

The heists themselves do seem pretty good, though, but that's probably just some hype.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

A Bodhi without Swayze is no Bodhi at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG1WNXgfJYQ

It could be Bodhi Lee, PHOTON WARRIOR.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Dec 2, 2015

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It's doing that now, yeah.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

I hope that this means we'll get Mega Dillinger

actually now I want a DLC where locke sends us back in time to rob a weapons depot, and our heister would be not-Johnny Depp as John Dillinger.

I've never seen anyone wear Dillinger. I've never worn it, and I think it was like my second mask drop ever.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

RandallODim posted:

Dillinger is a bad mask. Know what should get a mega variant?

A correct opinion.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

From noted good posted corn in the bible who was viciously blacklisted by the author for his negative review of this game.

I don't wanna run this into the ground, but is that a real loving screenshot? Because if so oh my god

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Sadly I'm on my phone and on vacation, so I can't share the preplanning loss.jpg I saw once.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Since we're fancrafting Alesso,

nobody's doing this

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Crabtree posted:

the weird Super Song of the 70 playing at the end of the SECRET TRAILER.

If you can't get enough of that in the meantime, it's really clearly a knockoff (with new lyrics) of "Tighten Up" by Archie Bell & the Drells.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

bored as poo poo, sitting in the mumble, someone fuckin' shoot some copsssssss

I haven't gotten to play this loving game since November

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

someone shoot some cops with me.

I refuse to touch the stove and haven't gotten to play since loving November.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Console players are never not screwed in this game.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

When I've got a bunch of free time (weekends, maybe, or sometime this summer, thanks second shift) I'm going to have to get my DW mask. I was like five or six away around the time of Hotline Miami, but my schedule conspired to gently caress me over. I gotta get back on the horse.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Payday 2: Time to get back on the crimehorse

This is good advice for the entire thread

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I do want to chime in that I am jazzed as anything that the eagle heavy is decent now. I always felt it had great gunfeel, and was usually what I went with at level 0 back before stealthing jewelry store dw became the automatic first heist. Might get a chance to play this weekend, which is nice.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Have I missed anything of interest in the last fifteen pages? Work has kept me from keeping up.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Oh goddammit, Infamy 3.0? I'm not even out of the infamy single digits yet.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I was with a group that tried for guessing game once, we probably ran it about fifteen times, never even got close. poo poo is the worst.

Since this weekend is going to be an absolute nightmare around town and I'm probably just going to hide inside my apartment, I might try knocking some more out come Saturday evening. I'm not bad on achievements, even with all the stuff that's been added since I last really went to sweep out the achievement closet, I've only dropped from like 75% complete to 60ish%. 62%, I just checked.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Maybe not all difficulties should be accessible to everyone.

You probably don't know, so I'm just going to clue you in, you definitely sound like an rear end in a top hat right now.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oh god, web
comics are following me everywhere now

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

What are these source images even from? I'm bad at movies.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Afraid of Audio posted:

either you havent watched the new trailer or you're taking the piss

I just literally now sat down to watch them and came back to this page to edit out my post. I was at work when they were posted and then forgot to watch them. I'm the guy who sucks.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Geight posted:

I like FWB and Slaughterhouse but Counterfeit and Undercover are actually pretty boring. I couldn't tell you what exactly makes or breaks a Payday 2 heist but the last two don't have that same charm, at least for me.

Honestly, I'd take 50% odds on future updates of old heists being good. If I had some sort of red phone hotline I'd tell them to keep going but gently caress trying to interact on social media.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Basticle posted:

whats the achievment for taking no skills and AMCARs and Chimano 88s? that was 1) the most fun I've had in this game in months and 2) the closest to recreating Heat Street I've played yet.

Tabula Rasa?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So I haven't played since basically last year (I got to try fail Point Break like once or twice before the rest of the crew got bored) and I hope to get back on the crimehorse tonight. Have errands to do first, though.

Have I missed anything in the last, say, 80 pages?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, last I remember, people were theorycrafting what the new skill system was going to be like and wait wait whoa what the gently caress

Crabtree posted:

Bikers, Ron Pearlmans and M1887s. And Hardcore Henry Heists, some free heisters, some new paid heisters, new akimbo, new skills becoming part of the game, safes releasing that don't need drills, Goat Heists and Wolf Pack bringing more PD1 stuff.

what

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Kerbal Space Program DLC looking good

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oohhboy posted:

Run MSpaint if that's your thing, just don't run HoxHUD.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Eh, safes aren't so bad now.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Coolguye posted:

It tends to ward off the toxic class of hardcore nerd.

Not always, though, what's the name of that guy who gets his jollies from kicking people who aren't perfect enough for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oohhboy posted:

Shock Proof Aced doesn't need LOS to trigger, just mash whatever the key you have assigned for it when hit. I haven't gone down to a Tazer since.

wait what? Is this new? I thought you had to aim it at them, so I never took it.