Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
To make sure it's on the first page for easy access, because somehow it got lost from the OP:

by Zackarotto

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

This is just making me miss Green Bridge even more. If they're gonna add more Classic jobs, that and Panic Room better get the treatment.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Coolguye posted:

no that is a completely separate set of plates for counterfeiting money that the gang never really uses but are willing to risk life and limb for because ??????????????????????????

it may seem like i'm shitposting here but i'm actually serious and i'm just using shitposting grammar guidelines because the situation is dumber than my shitposting

Hey, for some folks the action is the juice. Might as well eat dinner off the plates as much as use them at that point.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

literally every single Trustee Bank lobby you will find is a stealth one.

Being a stovetoucher, I hate this fact; sometimes I just want to have a quick bank shootout that isn't as sphincter-clenching as GO Bank can be, but apparently these dweebs are just too scared of the prospect of law enforcers who shoot back to just walk in the front door with an ICTV and have some loving fun.

The lesson, of course, is to always just host.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

A protip for H&T "stealth"- a combination of ECM and control freak aced are enough to let you rush to kill tellers, open the camera room and generally kill everything. The best of both worlds!

Okay but then you still need to just stand around with your dick in your hands while the drill does its thing, which is the actual worst part of sneaking H&T. The ECM rush is actually pretty drat fun.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

Protip: if you're good enough and have a saw, you can also do it with diamond store! Toss down an ECM, rush in and shoot guards/saw security/avoid glass.

Okay, now that's a fun idea and instance of potentially fun "stealth". Taking the waiting game out of Diamond Store is great.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

BillmasterCozb posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/85929319030253890

..Point break heist?!

Bohdi himself as a heister?!

FREE SNIPER RIFLE THANKS TO THE BLACK MARKET UPDATE?! :vince:

Well this isn't something I was expecting.

weekly font posted:

It's almost certainly gonna be the remake Bodhi just fyi.

The disappointment, however...

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

weekly font posted:

Just from the flashes, the heists look extremely dope.

Yeah I'm ready to replay Mile High Club except with crime.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Who wants reddit tears?

quote:

I'm kind of confused here. I haven't been following all of this drama so much, but haven't you guys been complaining about things like this costing money? Like what the gently caress is everybody complaining about here? Somebody correct me please.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Honestly, if Nu-Bodhi's constantly spouting New Wave-y Crimelightenment bullshit, I'll be perfectly happy with it. Tell me more about your pursuit of apotheosis by blowing off Taser faces, Guru Bodhi. :allears:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"Pain is just mental, as are all your limitations! Free yourself of their shackles and get the gently caress up!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Being King poo poo of Muscle Mountain is the best. My loco sows panic. My flamethrower sows panic. I regenerate like loving Wolverine under my ICTV. It's magical.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Psion posted:

swan song HE is a payday 2 experience everyone should have. Regularly.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of being an unstoppable juggernaut of murder who never goes down. :smug:

I'm just bitter because I infamied and haven't leveled enough to have a dodge build with the same usefulness as just being a MasterForcer, and I do miss zipping around like a smooth-dressed idiot on speed.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Basticle posted:

6. Make one of the parachute bags contain a spare tire like in Roger Rabbit.

hey as a death vox idea what if the crate only has two parachutes and you need to run back to the cockpit to steal the emergency ones from there oh god the infection is inside me now

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Furious Mittens posted:

That's pretty much the only time I've ever aimed for anything other than the head/neck.

Congratulations, you've learned how to git gud at Payday 2.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Jesus christ the M308 is a death machine, especially paired with an HE Judge for shields and dozer stunning. Entire time I was playing with it, I never once needed to hit an ammo bag, and was just popping helmets left and right like an assembly line.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Tempest_56 posted:

But the best mask is still the Mask of the Moon because pubbies hate it.

I haven't encountered a pubbie yet who hated it, but some who got sad they wouldn't be able to have it themselves.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Psion posted:

looking forward to Mega Kawaii

Mega Gagball

e: megagball

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Dillinger is a bad mask. Know what should get a mega variant?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Popping shields with an HE Judge from across a room is supremely satisfying.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
This is it. This is the colossal goatfuck.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

canada jezus posted:

I just accidentally ruined someones Normal difficulty mallcrashers stealh run, i joined and didn't realize they were stealthing . None of them had infamied, i'm infamy 2. I feel so guilty.

Don't feel bad. You're teaching them not to be idiots. There is never a reason to stealth Mallcrashers.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Loading up a C4/Saw Techforcer and blitzing a couple DW ATs is actually pretty drat fun. They're reasonably quick, but drat tense for the short time you're there. Even Crossroads can be fun if you've got a team who even slightly understand holding out indoors during assault waves.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

The Iron Rose posted:

god this man is attractive

CrimeDad is the sexiest Payday Gang member.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Payday 2: Still Heistin' After All These Years

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
For my part, I am excited at the possibilities that moving beyond very serious crime brings to Payday. I look forward to the Supervillain Pack, containing the Death Ray and GenSec Satellite Heists. To be clear, the second is invading GenSec's new satellite HQ. You arrive the same way you start Hotline Miami Day 2.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
it's a secondary

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dr Cheeto posted:

The Hungry Wolf legendary KSP 58 has an interesting feature on the magazine

Well, he is hungry.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

LuciferMorningstar posted:

No no, don't apologize. I feel like we're due for another slapfight.

This is the most activity this thread has seen in weeks.

I hacked my first five Infamies, what're you gonna do about that????

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dr Cheeto posted:

The main menu open beta is pretty unexciting. I have to hit two buttons to get to crime.net now and the side jobs are on the main menu and impossible to reach from a lobby for anyone. The Steam Inventory button is front and center for some reason. Honestly, I feel like it's a step back.

The one change I do like is putting the infamy menu in the profile page, just under the prefered character and mask buttons. It'll make it easier for people to remember to spend their dang infamies!

I can't wait for the skill beta to go live. It'll be interesting to see what Overkill has and hasn't learned!

"Skill Tree Open Beta 1.1 update:
* Fixed a bug where all skills were replaced with Moving Target"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

New teaser on the fbi site:

I'm very excited to finally see what the big deal was with Damion and Crime Dad filming a thing last year.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Concordat posted:

Good lord I'm getting sick of hearing Bodhi's voice, too bad goons are never on and every single pubby plays as him.

He's not even in the top 4 free characters, how are pubbies this bad.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I don't think I like this too much as far as the new skill system goes, but hey, Stockholm Syndrome might finally do literally anything now!

E: Endurance is a hilarious grab bag of unrelated abilities.

E2: :siren: Mastermind now has both FAKs and Doc Bags as deployable options :siren:

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 18, 2016

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

So my question is, are the trees going to be similar to Perk Decks in that you can only pick one of them? Or will you be able to mix and match your abilities like before? On the one hand it encourages going deeper into a "class" of build, but on the other it severely restricts what you can do overall, and it will probably make certain "classes" just out and out better at copshooting, which is not a good thing. If I want to be a Masterforcer and shout my teammates up while running around with a Beagle at mach 3 dressed like the Michelin Man I will goddammit. :(

The post talking about the new system said they don't want to cut down build diversity and actually want to encourage more of it. Whether the changes are actually going to encourage diversification is another question, but they at least intend to, so I don't imagine they're going to restrict players to a single 'class'.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm more excited than I should be for "The Payday Gang save the world".

Also where's my psyker perk deck overshill you fucks

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

Almir Listo ‏@almirlisto 13m13 minutes ago
Community update: Safe house customization is in development, previous release date was spring, looks to be delayed. New date TBD. #PAYDAY2

One day. One day we're gonna move out of this laundromat. At the rate we're going though, we'll be able to just build a home from all the money we've stolen by the time it gets here.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Basticle posted:

I've made this point before but Counterfeit and Undercover are like Go: Bank or Bomb Forest in that instead of moving from objective to objective you just guard a central objective point and then occationally have a fetch quest, its boring garbage and didnt translate well to PD2.

Unfortunately that kind of describes Panic Room also so hopefully that dosent suck.

Panic Room still had more movement to it than, say, Undercover; you have to get Chavez, plant and defend the saws, clear the roof, collect the C4, plant it on multiple floors, defend the chopper while it lowers the winch, secure it, then cover it while it escapes and escape through the basement. There's a lot of vertical motion, even if you do spend three objectives defending the roof. (This is based on my memory of last playing Panic Room years ago so I might have misremembered the order or objectives)

I want PD2 Heat Street, though. Imagine: you step out of cover and instantly get pasted by a pair of black dozers all the way at the other end of the road.

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Am I the only one who liked that bridge level in PDTH?

Green Bridge also ruled and I want that in PD2 too.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Basticle posted:

you mean a pair of black dozers steps out of cover and insantly gets RPG'd

This is the obvious counterpart, yes.

I just want the streetfighting heists with the ability to shout at people to run faster all the time and also paste anything at distance with a Thanny.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm still so glad Jimmy has retroactively justified my massive nosebleed surgical mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Grapplejack posted:

Lmfao, my goodness.

Glad we finally got the true history of the ICTV.