Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Baal posted:

I mean you get these things from talking to people who played the Japanese version of the game too, just fyi

Yeah but it's hard to understand them between all the screaming about the ruined integrity of the game because of the removed 13 year old bikini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The 11th can't come soon enough!

...:smith:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I just have to wait a week.

:smith:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, I found the entrance on my own, took a peek inside and hit reverse on my Skell very quickly so as not to wake the Queen inside.

That was the first drat place I explored once I got a flying Skell and couldn't escape fast enough.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Motto posted:

You can argue that Xenoblade's locales are more visually appealing than X's relatively more archetypal zones

Noctilum has like 4 different types of Jungle and I want to see what "archetype" Sylvalum can be said to fall under.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Why is there a section in northern Cauldros fulll of single digit level enemies?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ChaosArgate posted:

You use them when your skells run out of insurance. I'm not sure where to use them, but presumably you'll get the option when you go to pay for skell repairs after you have no more insurance.

You go to the hanger like normal and your uninsured Skell will be greyed out. If you choose it, you get the choice to use a Salvage ticket, spend money to repair it (a little less than 200k for my level 30 light Skell) or outright abandon it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I just hit level 50 and bought the most expensive lv50 Skell. Tell me how to turn it into a murder machine.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Alxprit posted:

Yeah it would have been really great to have more aliens join the team. I realize that they did it because they didn't want non-BLADES doing stuff for you or to have anybody incapable of riding in a Skell (Nopon), and just to keep that player avatar thing going with the online connectivity and stuff... But one of those weird non-standard Orpheans would have been great.

They should have taken cues from Xenogears and make the Nopon's Skell form just be the same as its ground form, just giant. They even had a sidequest in the first game that made a Nopon grow huge, though not really to Skell size.

Anyway, are there any prereqs to get Phog's mission to appear on the board? I keep checking it but haven't gotten it yet.

Also, who is Murderess? Is that some unanimously agreed upon nickname (like Seven in the first game) or an actual character name?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So I found an Intergalactic Phoenix with an ATK of 7496 and an Intergalactic G-buster with an ATK of 35000. Are those what I should be looking for? I got them in like two minutes of fighting the Puges in Sylvalum so I want to make sure I just got lucky and got the right ones really quickly.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Got 'em. That was the easiest grinding I've ever done.

Grinding them for the right built in augments? Shut up I can't hear you LALALALALALA

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Where do you get the blueprints for the weapons and gear that show up as ??? in the Develop New Gear menu?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The Taint Reaper posted:

All around the internet, maybe gamefaqs? But all the adds from all the bullshit videogame discussion sites and wikis slowed my browser from having 12 tabs open looking for how badly people failed at videogames.

There is also like a multipage argument about why Morrowind sucks and why undertale is better which was what the chat turned into. But the moral is some people just can't get into videogames unless there's fan art and tumblr rants to accompany it.

There's also a lady with 150 hours in Fallout 4 and she never got past the initial starting point after the nuke scene because none of the characters had good fanfiction so she just stayed in her base and hasn't done any of the quests other than the ones where you meet 3 interesting characters who her friends made fan art of or whatever.

Can we just close down the internet?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ashsaber posted:

Does anyone know any good areas with level 60+ enemies to fight? I would like to get some decent high level skell weapons and it seems like level 60+ enemies drop the good stuff more often. The only one I can really think of off the top of my head is the one ganglion tower near the bend in the abyss of Oblivia.

What do you guys dress your characters up with? Once I found a decent pair of jeans and a nice red jacket my avatar was never in anything else.

Bring your Skell to the inside of that giant flower at the very top of Noctilum. Make sure you have a good AoE attack on your Skell and you'll obliterate like 15 level 60 bugs.

...and aggro the lv 90 but it's a pushover for a tyrant of that level.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Abu Dave posted:

Do you have to download the fifteen gigs to play this game disc version?

It's not required but it's recommended. It helps with loading and such.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Even with level 50/30/30/30 skells I still can't make it through Chapter 12. Now it's this chimera fight. AND I have to do the whole thing over again because I lost my skells now.

Just get your skells back and then die on foot to the boss 3 times so it drops the difficulty.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silver Falcon posted:

What has been up with the Prospectors lately? For 3(?) days in a row now they have not been at the top, and yesterday they were at loving 7th!

Oh no, my Salvage ticket stockpile! But really, I wonder if they retooled something server side to give the other groups a better chance.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Anyone else unable to connect to the servers?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Do Booster probes work on Duplicator and other Booster probes?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

White Mortifole Feathers will just not drop for me. I've gotten two the entire game and grind session on those stupid flowers.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ChaosArgate posted:

Can you not buy them with reward tickets?

I need those for Neilnail masks.

Silver Falcon posted:

Are you targeting the top part of the flower? The head has the highest drop rate for feathers. I was swimming in the things before too long.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hover above them on your skell and target aim the top part of the flower, they're breakables.

I'll try it. I didn't see other targeting points when I was fighting them, but I guess I just missed them.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Welp, I tried to G-Buster that downed Mech tyrant near the Noctilum falls and boy was that a mistake.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bruceski posted:

Well, I just spent 90 minutes beating my head against a wall. Quest to fight some Prone in a cave full of flowers and wasps and beetles. They're at the far side of it and halfway through the fight I get about 10 adds for an unknown reason. And it's all on a small island over lava. I'm coming back at 50.

A good example of this game being morbid as Hell, though. "They started skinning her, and when they found out she was a mim they got mad and took their time pulling her apart, screaming for Alfred the whole time."

Is that an Affinity mission because I've done almost every Normal mission and I do not remember that one.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yelv's final affinity mission...Yikes.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Oblivia. There's one by one of the rivers and another in that thin canyon area to the east.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I mean, they aren't that hard to remember.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

many johnnys posted:

I feel the same way. The areas are vast, but that's about it.

Chronicles Original: the areas of the game have their own histories, and there are a ton of optional quests to learn more about them.

Okay now you're just making poo poo up.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So what makes the Lailah Queen so good at fighting Gradivus compared to the other Lv 60 Skells?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ometeotl posted:

So what makes the Lailah Queen so good at fighting Gradivus compared to the other Lv 60 Skells?

Still looking for an answer to this. Someone suggested this and I'd like to know what makes it so good before I start investing reward tickets and drops into it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Just fly around the ocean in the northeast of Sylvalum. Just make sure you stay in the Sylvalum waters, because the area is close to the boundary of the Cauldros waters.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Aww yeah, Gradivus down. He isn't the tyrant of that segment hex like I thought, but still, he's dead.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yeah, I immediately looked up that tyrant and slaughtered it after it didn't proc upon killing Gradivus.

Anyway, my strategy was to pump my ground gear and Ares 90 with as much Evasion as I could, helped further by that one galactic knight skill. I think I was at 523 or so in total, so almost nothing actually hit me. I also added a Fuel Efficiency XX on my ground gear and loaded my Skells with as many Theroid Slayers as I could fit with augments to prevent Flinch, Blaze and Topple on others. Though, Flinch Resort of 100% only blocks the pausing it causes, not the loss of GP and I was still afflicted with Blaze even though my resistance should have been 100%, but whatever. Last but not least, I had an Aug that healed by Skell 20% when entering overdrive.

EDIT: if you want, I can snap a couple screenshots of the build when I get home tonight.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Grinding these Deva Red Ears or whatever is excruciating.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm grinding the fight whenever there's no squad tasks or missions to do.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

...How do you trade in appendages for tickets?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Woooow I feel dumb. I thought you could only trade them in at the end of the Nemesis period, automatically.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Aaaaaaaaaaaand down goes Telethia the Endbringer...Both times, because gently caress taking the lazy way out.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is the zenith cannon ether based? If it is, you can try it on the Sylooth tyrant that's in Noctilum around where that one Millisaur tyrant is. That guy has ludicrous Ether resistance so that should answer the question once and for all.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yeah, I'd fight Gradivus again bu t Telethia? Not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Well there wasn't a stupid 20 mission limit and a dumb list that doesn't show every available mission for some inexplicable reason

No, you just had to run around and search for every single mission by hand and hope you didn't miss one that only shows up at a different time of day.

• Locked thread