Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Rexroom posted:

I know so much that you can co-op with 3 other players for quests. Although not locally of course. If I understood correctly, there are 32 other online players on the field doing stuff. I've no idea how that works.

This link explains all the multiplayer stuff pretty well:

The Black Stones posted:

I found a good post on Reddit (sorry) which is pretty informative of the online features of the game. Read about them here - https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3u77rz/xenoblade_x_multiplayer_information_thread/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Alot of people just seem to be very self-conscious about any guitar music with lyrics, as seen with all the awkward justifications for liking Metal Gear Rising: REVENGENACE's incredible soundtrack, as it is too 'buttrock' and not serious enough

Nah, I don't need to make any awkward justifications about Revengeance's soundtrack, it's amazing. XCX's on the other hand is garbage and I might just mute it and listen to the first game's instead

Edit:

Inflammatory posted:

i want to watch someone who complains about the xcx soundtrack play persona 3/4 or twewy.

I didn't mind it so much in Persona 3 and 4, because the singing in those is incomprehensible so I can't tell if it's good or bad, it pretty much just becomes part of the music

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Someone posted a spreadsheet link on the previous page

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So is there a goon nnid thing?

gently caress it, made a spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15XBTrRJQnZ4qZzCET_Rgn3mD2cdpOkCuJ75lFkCyKfE/edit?usp=sharing

You all should be able to edit it.

Putting this in the OP would probably be a good idea.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

Quick question, I'm considering actually buying a Wii U just so I can play this game (and Hyrule Warriors), will the digital version fit in the 32 GB default hard drive or is an external an absolute necessity? I know the download size is supposedly 23 GB, which WOULD fit, but sizes for console HDs can be tricky sometimes. Just wanna make sure here.

If you're planning on getting the Hyrule Warriors dlc then I'm not sure you'll be able to fit all of it and XCX at the same time.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Huh, interesting, you can sell items straight from your inventory, wherever you are. No need to have anyone around to sell them to. I'm not sure how that works, but I'm not complaining :v:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Zombie Defiler posted:

You guys are aware you don't have to pick-and-stick to a class right?

Max out a class, move on to the next one, you'll still be able to use the maxed out class weapons and arts.
Max out all classes and switch back to drifter, custom it out to be whatever you want. (Drifter has 5 skill sockets, final forms of specialized classes have 4 skill sockets and a status buff)

I'm going to go Full Metal Jaguar first to get a specific dual-gun art that will probably be in all my builds ever.

Oh my god it's a job system, isn't it? :swoon:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

When I move near a person with a speech bubble over their head, there's a visual effect like a glint of light flying from them to me. What is this? The game didn't say anything about it, and I can't find anything in the manual, all it says about these people is that I'll overhear a conversation if I go near them, which is pretty obvious. I don't think it's an affinity thing, these people aren't named characters.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Motto posted:

There are certain quests that are triggered when you overhear people talking about them.

e: Here.

Oh, okay. It's kind of hard to tell that's what it is when it first starts happening, since none of the other stuff shown in that video is unlocked yet. I don't have the frontier map yet, and the "missions" option in the menu is greyed-out and unselectable.

I hope that when this stuff does get unlocked, I'll still have whatever quest info these random people I passed were apparently giving me!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

katkillad2 posted:

When I was watching streamers during the Japanese release that dumb song seemed to play almost constantly. Can you mute the music?

Aside from turning subtitles on or off, there are no sound-related options at all as far as I can see.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Is the multiplayer stuff up and running yet? I played a bit this morning and still wasn't getting the message at startup asking what kind of squad I want to be in. Or do I need to get further into the story to unlock that?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Baal posted:

Are there just like no sidequests in Chapter 3? I ran into the one for finding the stranded dues by Janpath Lake, but that was p much it. I'm assuming more show up as I go through, but I felt there would be more than just that.

Go to the mission board near Blade HQ, there should be a bunch of quests there.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Augus posted:

Hey so I beat Chapter 3 and a bunch of dudes joined my party out of nowhere, but I don't know where they are. How do I fix this?

Look at your map. Some areas of NLA should have "new" labels scattered around, tap them to see what you can find in those places. Some of them will tell you that a character usually hangs out there, others will be missions you can pick up at those spots.

To switch between the different parts of NLA on the map you have to back out to the whole world view, the NLA districts will be on the right. This is also how you fast travel back to NLA from outside, since someone was asking about that earlier.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Crimson Harvest posted:

Has anyone made any goon squads yet? I want to see all your retarded names on my screen and vote for stupid comments.

You can't really make a squad yourself. It's kind of like how Splatoon worked before they added private lobbies, you see a list of friends who are in game and can choose to join whatever squad they're in. So far, I haven't seen more than two people in my list in the same squad, everyone's been spread out.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Iserlohn posted:

Are there easier ways to switch which appendage you're targeting? I can lock on to one, but I can't really do much else.

As far as I can tell the only way is to move around the monster, since you automatically target whichever part is closest. At least running works when you're in combat

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Shoehead posted:

Move around and hit R and you'll lock on to the bit you are currently targeting.

Yeah I know that, they asked how to switch between body parts.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

The amount of Nopon-bashing going on in this game's main story is extremely hosed up. Did Monolith somehow get the impression people disliked them in the first game or something

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I found an NPC named Monica on the lower level of the administrative district who told me the locations of a couple of rare collectibles. She also said to ask her again later for more info, so I'm hoping this is a thing and she'll keep giving out info like this for different items as I get further into the game!

Here's the stuff she told me about: California Sunset can be found west of Biahno Lake near a cave, spherical EM motors are in the Weeping Whitewood area in Noctilum

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

The map is telling me about a heart-to-heart with Irina in the industrial district that appears at night. I'm standing there now, I have Irina in my party, it's night, there's nothing in this map segment to interact with. How is this supposed to work?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Motto posted:

Take her out of your party, she'll show up as an NPC.

What

Dammit, that's exactly the opposite of how it works in the previous game, maybe telling the player about that would be nice :argh:

Edit: and then I have go and find her again if I want her back in the party again afterwards, don't I? Lovely

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Please someone tell me there's a way to get Tatsu to wear his dadapon's sunglasses permanently

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Med School posted:

Where's this chick at? Couldn't find her in the hanger.

Go north from the Blade barracks, past the turning that goes to Armory Alley. On your left you'll find an elevator that takes you down to the lower level. Yeah, it took me several days to notice that there was a lower level. She's down there somewhere.

Also, after talking to the two guys next to her I realised I'd done a quest involving these three earlier outside the city, had to find one of the guys and then find his comms unit, so you might need to have done that before they show up in the city?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Med School posted:

Thanks. Every time I try to get that guys con device there's some lvl
30s or so guarding it.

Grab it at night. I don't know if they're supposed to be asleep or if aggro ranges are just shorter at night or whatever, but you should be able to grab it if you approach the item from the other side from them.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

There's one thing I don't understand about the revelation at the end of chapter 5. I get that everyone's real bodies are in stasis and they're remote-operating these cyborg bodies with their minds, okay. But the game begins with Alma pulling your character out of a stasis pod. Shouldn't this be your real body then?

Also holy poo poo that scene really suffered badly from having a silent protagonist.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Pomp posted:

some of you guys are valuing a few dozen points of attack power way too much, a lot of the other equipment bonuses will get you just as much or more mileage, like TP gain and stuff that works off arts. The stuff that increases soul voice odds probably does wonders when you can get it at decent percentages too.

Yeah seriously, I have several pieces of gear with Max TP Up and its pretty great being able to use TP arts and still have enough to revive someone or use overdrive if I need to. Goes well with the Duelist(?) ability that uses your TP to raise the rest of the party's too.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Place storage probes by each other as this will give you a stacking bonus.

I just tried this and it's not true, the increase to storage capacity was the same as when the storage probes were not next to each other.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Dastardly posted:

Oh yeah, this is essentially how you use your storage, duplicator and booster probes to increase your cap. I just tossed this together when I found out that Boosters works on storage probes today so you don't have to use these continents for it. I need to redo my entire network once I've found all chests out in the wild.

Wow, putting all your storage probes around a duplicator really is the way to go, I just went from a max of a little over 12,000 to 30,000.

Now I can afford... three extra augment slots at a time :negative:

Edit: rejigged things so I had a booster hooked up to my (so far only) duplicator and went up to 37,500

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 11, 2015

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Dante18907 posted:

Got my skell last night, played a bit on lunch. I loving HATE the vehicle mode. gently caress. Who's stupid rear end loving idea was it to change the camera orientation to the other side of the screen. I can't do poo poo in this loving car. It turns like hot rear end. UGH. Jetpack jumping around through Prone bases and they are all just like :stare: is great. gently caress you you xeno scum.

You can change the camera orientation in the options menu. Can't do anything about the awful steering though as far as I know, I just gave up trying to drive around NLA.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Welp, there's the first hit against my skell insurance. Quest to find a missing data drive in Oblivia has an unavoidable level 50 enemy pop up out of nowhere when you approach it. gently caress you, game :argh:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Can you take a picture of the entrance?

The plant in the middle comes to life when I approach. I've tried sneaking past on either side but no luck. Climbing over the arch doesn't help either, it's just a solid wall there.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Levantine posted:

So what do Booster probes do exactly? I have one but I'm not sure how to use them. Do they keep a chain going for the purpose of the bonus % of linked probes?

Booster probes increase the effect of any adjacent probes by a percentage, I think 10% for the rank 1s?
Duplicator probes copy (ie: double) the effect of any adjacent probes.

Boosters increase the effect of duplicators, so the best way to use them seems to be to plant a duplicator at a spot where four lines meet, then hook it up to a booster and three other probes (research, storage, mining, whatever) for huge gains.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Apparently it's stupidly easy to make exp up augments, and they stack.

What's needed to make these? Whatever the materials are I've never had them, since the augments are still greyed out in the list.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't know for sure, but I think it increases the chance of getting Pilot Mode.

I'm still baffled at what the point of this is. Whenever it switches to this view all my arts are X'd out and remain that way for most of its duration. Is there a way to cancel out of it, because all it seems good for is making me miss soul voices

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I thought that one was pretty obvious, as soon as it was clear she's infected keep her in sight and stop her following any strange alien compulsions, she's no snail!

Strange alien compulsions like "wanting to take a shower"? Typical goon

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm pretty sure she says something about her skin being really dry and peeling and then having a strong urge to have a shower, after it's clear the monsters in the plant are the former scientists who succumbed to some kind of body horror infection. Made sense to me at least when given the option to keep her in sight and stop her doing anything stupid. At the very least I thought it was one of the better multiple choice quests because the information you need to get the good ending is contained within the same scenario, unlike say the helicopter quest in Noctilum where you can only bad bad endings unless you overhear a random NPC in NLA

Yeah I know, I made the same choice, I just couldn't resist such an easy joke :v:

On a related note, when I got that quest about rescuing the tree clan guy's son, I already had a bunch of the herbs just from random exploring. Now I wonder if I still would've got the prompt to use them if I hadn't got the info by rescuing the other two guys first?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I guess I must have picked them up during all the time I spent scouring the south coast looking for the cave with the bug-something squashes for the skell license quest :suicide:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

I assume you mean killing the spiders while driving a skell? Can my starting skell seriously one-shot a level 50 mob at 25?

Also I can't find the Weeping Whitewood for the life of me and the internet isn't being very helpful other than "to the northeast". Maybe I'll just try swimming around the continent or something...

I was just about two-shotting level 50 spiders with those kind of augments at level 30, with the Amdusias and its scythe. I don't know about doing it with the starting skell, but if those are too hard then there's some spiders at around level 40 on Talon Rock's third terrace that you should certainly be able to manage. Don't forget to make some melee accuracy and ranged accuracy augments too or you'll miss a lot.

I managed to find Weeping Whitewood by going up on one of those huge rock bridges above the central area of Noctilum and jumping the gap in my skell. It needed a driving start to build up speed but I managed it! Then I discovered there was an easier way up there from near a ganglion camp, but gently caress it my way was cooler

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Well, I guess I should have done chapter 7 earlier instead of loving around with sidequests for so long. The boss was 12 levels lower than me and my opening attack with the scythe took off about 90% of its health

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I don't know who either of those people are, and it won't let me back out to check the affinity chart, help

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Zombie Defiler posted:

I said Ngogo and he ignored her, try Loma?

That... solved the problem, I guess? All it did was change affinity between characters, it didn't even start a quest. Was there a point to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I've never had a problem with getting enough survey percentage to qualify for missions, because I've always been over the requirement before getting to the mission anyway. So explore more I guess :v:

• Locked thread