Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Moartoast posted:

The soundwork in this game reaches borderline-DICE levels of masterful engineering, sometimes arguably surpassing that. Sound occlusion tends to be pretty barebones and crappy in most games, especially for footstep sounds, but the amount of effort they put into it here gives a sense of dread kinda akin to hearing someone actually scurrying around a floor above you. That's a real difficult thing to do in the wild world of game sound design.

Granted, none of it's HYPER REAL and actual voices still carry a bit too far, but the reverb lends them enough credibility and honestly i'm surprised at how much VO the AI alone has for everything. I mean, it's not uncharacteristic for these games, but with how little they needed to care about that stuff they definitely put some effort in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti6ZWRSiqpQ
Audio Director explains propagation with stick figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

The Bananana posted:

You can't shoot through the airplane windows

Glaz's Dragunov can. :toot:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

AbortRetryFail posted:

Any idea why sometimes thermite starts cutting through plate and then just ... doesn't? The wall gets all scorch-marked but it doesn't break through.

I think it can happen with regular breaching charges against non-reinforced drywall as well.

If you're using it on a none reinforced wall, chances are someone shot it through the wall ?

Also maybe they had mute and he deployed a jamming device as you were breaching but thats a bit far fetched.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

So some bullshit happened last night. Every round in setup some guy on the opposite team would call out everyone we picked in all chat. Like, every round. Turns out if you alt/enter out and back in on the setup screen you can see everything the opposite team picked. It's super frustrating and hopefully it gets fixed soon. Will be even more bullshit in ranked when people actually care about counter-picking and not just " pick the dudes that look cool"

It's fixed in the next patch :ssh:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
PC Codes here because no PMs are people too :colbert:

WLCC-DYVN-8NMC-J4AW
XQCA-UVP8-LBMR-CQDV
JHFE-PW8J-M63V-HN3B
MNL6-BDK3-DBN3-AUWH

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
A PC client hotfix just got deployed. It isn't compatible with unpatched clients and it won't download if you're already ingame.

You will matchmake but won't merge / start game.

Restart client to get the patch or never stop playing i guess.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I was playing with Keshik, jamesray and a few other guys i'm unfamiliar with yesterday and someone said he could see this game go competitive.

If you're looking for competitive-R6 (i'm aware these 2 words sound weird at the moment) it’s not very easy to know where to look at the moment - Most of the player base have only about 2 months of game experience and most of it is being played in custom games, under the radar however last week the finals of G4G was recorded @ http://www.twitch.tv/speedpenguin/v/33971039 **Warning, contain lot's of sacre-bleu. :france:

The stream is like 4 hours long so i haven't watched the whole thing but theres some good plays in there.

The streamer is Kryp, a Spanish player who’s known in CSGO. He’s playing with AERA, a French team, and they face another French team (REVOLT, who happens to be a team where 2 players were accused of hacking in Ranked matches and in the first ESL cup).

It’s a small cup with nothing at stake but pride i guess, but hey the level is good!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
:frogsiren: OkPlanB fix your loving game -ROBOBALBOA :frogsiren:

For the xth time we got that no sound bug for the whole squad in bank where you could only hear the sprinkler/drone.. Is it me or it's always bank when we're messing around in basement/garage/vault? Also i haven't had a clear idea whether the other team is affected or not.
Gaga, Kramersrant, ROBO, Wolfy..Anyone?

If you think you have specifics steps to repro this poo poo or even if you guys can remember where you were/doing when it happened it could help us isolate it because right now the cause seems to be lost deep in a clusterfuck of code.

You can poke me here, PM, uplay, steam etc.. I'm not hard to reach.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
edit: ^^
Yeah it fixes itself in between round transition, at least theres that.

BadLlama posted:

I've played a lot of hours of this and have never had this happen on any map or bank. Not sure if that helps at all.

If anything it enforces the fact that it's not 100% and hard to repro :/

wolffenstein posted:

i asked the other team and they said they lost audio too. the other thing i can think of was gaga's drone was lodged between a shelf and a wall in the garage and seemed to keep bouncing off whatever boundries involved.

Ah i don't remember them replying. Thanks, and yeah that drone was doing an awful lot of noise.

ex2: VVV That was exactly it yeah. Drone stuck basically spammed the same sound over and over eventually busting out the allocated memory :ms:

Hard fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 12, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Dead Like Rev posted:

Can we just go ahead and flat out turn on the insta kill defenders outside the map in prep phase? These asshats need to die.

Just need to make sure theres no nasty side effect like instagibbing any DEF going out during the action phase or killing them while they're reinforcing a garage door and then we're all set to deploy.

Castle shield is also getting a well deserved punch in the dick soon. :ssh:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Doctor_Acula posted:

That's why I'm interested/confused.

Welp, there is a current exploit where Castle can deploy a shield that cannot be vaulted over. It kinda sucks if placed in a simple doorway especially when you're out of explosives. This will be fixed soon.

automaticswim posted:

this is likely still processing, but I gotta go to bed and I told planB I'd upload it so he can watch my ~shenanigans~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SvLpA2VKTU

:neckbeard:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Gunder posted:

The 1.04 patch hit PS4 today. Is it the one the ups the tick rate?

Yup.

e: In fact, tickrate improvement is one of the few things consoles get today. Rest of the content will be available on the 20th according to the patchnote.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 13, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

keyframe posted:

Uh what?

I doubt anyone ever said "man I wish they nerfed castle barricades" in this game. You guys have been doing good with the game so far please refrain from loving it up destiny style with unnecessary buffs/nerfs.

I like your enthusiasm :) I didn't meant to be that vague on purpose.

I was talking about fixing the exploit specific to Castle deploying a.. deployable shield that can't be vaulted over. Nothing related to balance. Unless we consider fixing exploits balancing.

True a lot of DEF have deployable shields but given the repro steps it has to be castle that deploys his own, hence why i called it Castle's shield. :colbert:

Foehammer posted:

I don't think this is true

Castle removing one of his own barricade will refund it into his inventory.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

keyframe posted:

Great to hear that is getting fixed. :)

By the way, are we still going to get the campus map added to mp rotation if you can talk about it? I thought that was supposed to happen in December but I might be wrong , can't remember where I read that.
Yeah can't talk about the specifics on that sorry. Right now it is only available in Terrohunt defuse bomb.

wolffenstein posted:

Because OkPlanB asked us to put our requests here, my request is to make uncancelable actions like placing breaching charges or climb over a barrier from repelling able to be cancelled. It's aggrivating to be stuck in those kind of animations when someone's shooting at you, and you can't do anything.
No i just wanted to play without acting as a secretary <3

Nalesh posted:

Speaking of requests, PLEASE let us be able to choose which animation we use when prone(legs forward, legs behind), it would be a huge bandaid for the getting shot when your leg clips through a wall thing. (Though I would prefer if you guys did it like counterstrike and culled parts of models that get clipped through walls)
The more plausible option is to fix the locations where the limbs can go through collision in certain stances. Fixed a bunch but there is still some to go obviously.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

It seems to me that a system that culls clipping parts would be best, because as it is now it seems like body parts can clip through any sufficiently thin wall, and if you're going around fixing these one surface at a time I imagine it would be both labour/time intensive while still leaving it open to reoccurring in future maps.

Also here's my UI suggestion from last night.

The UI/HUD elements as they are now can be pretty obtrusive, and while it's good that we can turn pretty much every individual part of it off, the huge downside is that there is no middleground.

The main gripe I have is that HUD elements like team-mate outlines, names, objective markers, etc, because of being drawn over everything else(as they should be) can obscure things you're trying to pay attention to. For example if you've got an enemy of a point of interest right between you and a team-mate or objective, your vision can be pretty heavily obscured.

So an additional option to have those HUD elements fade-out(not necessarily completely, but that could be an option, too) when they're near the middle of the screen would fix what I consider to be a pretty big(but mostly an edge case)downside to an otherwise serviceable HUD.

Generally speaking here, its easier (and safer) to fix level design over messing around with interactions/animations mostly because if you modify an object in the engine, the change can ( if you want it to) affect said object anywhere its replicated in the game. Say i decide to make the cameras purple its one change to affect them all. No need to individually change them all.

As for the HUD/outlines you mentioned BF4 right? I haven't played this for so long i completely forgot how it looks. Guess i'll reinstall it to see what you meant.

BadLlama posted:

I mean I always took the listed damage in-game as damage per shot before anything such as armor/hit location is this not the case?

I'll agree that the UI could do a better job at explaining what you just said.

Hard fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 15, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

Oh another complaint I had about the UI, but a different part of it completely.

Having to back out to the main menu to change gun configurations is pretty terrible.

On those operators that have multiple equivalent weapons(two different ARs) it's not too horrible since you can have one with a suppressor and one without(for example).

Also it sort of sucks that the nicer weapon skins are locked behind r6 credits. Having a way to get those with just renown would be nice, even if the equivalent conversion was really high. Either that, or having some nice skins to unlock with renown that are more than the generic mil-camo options we currently have.

Also also, how are the shield k:d + winrates currently looking? It feels like since the tickrate got upped the chances of being "netcoded"(your own apparent hits not counting) have gone up with it being especially frequent and egregious in the case of shield users. I had a game as Tachanka just now where I was firing at the head of a Fuze, so that when he dropped his shield he should have caught a bullet with his face, but he was able to ADS headshot me without any of my connecting shots counting.

In general, trades seem to happen as often as they ever have, which I don't have any gripes with, because it seems perfectly fine and reasonable that occasionally you're going to have two people shooting at each other land a killing shot at what is for all intents and purposes the "same time", but having shots that appear to connect be completely negated is incredibly frustrating, and when it does happen it mostly seems to involve shields.

Usually seeing something like this would mean that you had "traded", where you died but the other guy was also killed/downed, and their being downed/killed being hidden from you was just a case of the way deathcams work, where you don't see point or kill feeds during them(which I also think should be changed because that seems like where 99% of the frustration of trading probably comes from).

But then seeing that he is in fact running around, not having been at least downed, as if nothing happened(with the giant bloodsplat on the wall now gone), makes for a pretty poor, and frustrating, experience.

Can't talk about current design of weapon modification and i'll never go into microtransaction territory. Sorry bud :)

K/Ds are being analysed like everything else in the game right now, it speaks quite more clearly than anything else tbh and while i can't share numbers, things could get adjusted accordingly based on said stats. The situation you described however seems super specific since Tachanka can have hit registration issues with his turret. It doesn't excuse anything but at least its a known issue..

Since were on the subject of shield users raking headshots with pinpoint accuracy without even being in full ADS.. well, enjoy it while it lasts.

About the trades, i think patch 1.2/3 introduced a bug in the health bar from the killcam panel where it doesn't accurately represent the amount of health left. We're investigating that. It doesn't help when it shows that the guy who took a few bullets before killing you is at 100% but then again your image shows a headshot which should have killed Blitzy. I dislike tossing this in the replication/tickrate/lag bucket but that might be the case.

e: Unrelated to the topic but man this one will be fun to try reproducing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdsKqN4MzPc

Hard fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 15, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
but what about her shoes!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
^^ That confused me for a good minute.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I was thinking about asking for OKPlanB at the front desk but I decided otherwise.

The receptionists are dealing with weirdos all day long so don't worry.

Shame though, i would have came down for a smoke. Hope you are enjoying MTL so far man :)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Vengarr posted:

I can confirm it's not just a Club House bug, I've seen it on Oregon and Consulate too.
Ah really? I didn't even knew about Oregon and Consulate. Hell i don't even know whether the cam in Club House's bar is fixed or not since QA wasn't able to repro it. I'll look into it.

ShineDog posted:

Any word on stuttery right stick on console? thats really grinding my gears.
I know theres a deadzone fix for xb in patch 1.3 that drops on the 20th but if thats not it then yeah.. Care to elaborate please?

lohli posted:

Is this going to be a case of longer ADS time? Because frankly that's all it seems like would be necessary.

Shield players are currently able to achieve full ADS accuracy without being in full ADS. It is unrelated to the time it takes to achieve that state.

Keket posted:

Chance you could make it so defenders that are 3 vs 5 at leased get the full amount of barricades, being down on people AND not being able to fully wall up a room loving sucks.`

This is not a bad idea.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Monday morning are always fun :suicide:
Sorry if i didn't get to reply to everyone who had questions/suggestions but i can assure you that as usual i'm browsing through the thread and making sure everything is noted, flagged and sent to the right people. Also thanks to those who helped giving me repro steps for the various issues reported here.

Your vids are the best Gaga :sparkles:

__VVV Neato!
1. Did the bullets do actual damage aside from the bullet impact on materials? Like were you able to kill terros ?
2. You mentioned it happened to the other pubbie ( and no news on the 3-man squad?) but do you remember seeing any other players shooting for an abnormal amount of time?

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 18, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Zaodai posted:

1)The bullets operated completely normally as far as I could tell, aside from having more of them than I should. I could shoot through walls, blow up nitro cells, kill terrorists, etc. I never had reason to fire continually enough to run through all 78 rounds in the mag before the regeneration kicked in and put me back at full, so I don't know what would have happened if I just went full Rambo.

2) I wasn't looking for abnormalities in their play, so I can't say for sure. It felt like they were being more free with ammo than I would normally expect, but that's not really incriminating. If it helps, the host (and apparently leader of the 3 man group) was named along the lines of "IPleadtheF1th".
I only played one round with them because it was laggy as poo poo and I was just using Terrorist Hunt as a warmup round, so it could have just been a weird glitch, but it certainly seemed too big a change to not be a hack of some sort.

Yeah not really looking to incriminate anyone, i'd rather find the cause and get it fixed asap than go on a witch hunt as theres other people well more suited than me who are paid to do that.

It was more along the lines of whether its a server or client side issue. Sometimes every player can experience the same issue individually but in some cases you cannot see the other players having said issue. Both behaviors can lead to completely different roads of investigation.

Great Beer posted:

I've run into a similar glitch where an Ash was running around firing breaching rounds non-stop. This was in Casual, not T-hunt but I wonder if its the same glitch/hack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdsKqN4MzPc ? .. I never want this fixed . :)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

keyframe posted:

It will be pretty great if ubisoft fired the intern looking after r6 community and hired an actual community manager. Does anyone have an idea what that community challenge is supposed to be?

"leave no man behind and get points"

Uh ok. Then what? Are we getting something? Is there a way to see our points?

Aw cut them some slack they are only the messengers :( More info should come today I believe.

:siren:Oh and Siege is 35$ on all platforms only for today on Amazon. More goons should play this game.:siren:

In other news, Euro Goons can now create their own deathdicksquad and join the ESL ladder for both PC and XBone.
http://play.eslgaming.com/rainbowsix/europe-pc/news/262598
http://play.eslgaming.com/rainbowsix/europe-one/news/262598

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

automaticswim posted:

^^ I don't know if you saw it, but are you able to get global stats such as melee kills? I must know.
I like points. I need more knife points.

I did check homie but global stats aren't a public thing just yet.

You can still compare dicks with all of your uplay friends https://game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us/leaderboards/pvp/friends/featured/matchwon-casual but knife kills aren't shown :(
On a side note i knew i was bad but this leaderboard is just rubbing it in my face.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I'm probably going to break the tables.

Hey Raz ! Saw the post on Reddit so chances are the UI devs saw it too. Theres some good ideas in there as far as i'm concerned. Personally i like keeping the HUD as light as possible but theres always room for improvement and the OP names in the scoreboard couldn't hurt. As for the map/mode it will be shown in every loading screen don't worry.
For the ingame indicator i tend to agree with whoknew since "grab", "secure" or "defuse" is on your HUD but i won't act as a filter. I said i would forward the feedback and i'll do it.

BadLlama posted:

While uplay is utter poo poo (sorry Dev friend) they somehow managed to poo poo out a gem on this one, $35 for it is a steal.
That's just me speaking but i think people who works at the uplay dept hate uplay more than you do.

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 19, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
but mooooom, my job doesn't revolve around being in game.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

automaticswim posted:

maybe if your mom took some plan b she wouldn't have you whining about it :colbert:

I'd be appreciating that incredible burn if i wasn't so shocked by the fact that a morning-after pill has this name :aaaaa:

content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UT68khDhI Stop.breaking.the.game.. god damnit.

e: Nice clip Pax!

Hard fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 19, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Profanity posted:

Leaks on the new Canadian operators:

:catstare:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Profanity posted:

Er poo poo sorry, I forgot you post here. Want me to take it down?

Nah man no worries if its not here its everywhere else so you might as well discuss about it. It's just that we had an NDA test an hour ago.. AN HOUR ago.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

SaltLick posted:

Ah no PC? boo

It was this morning, probably ran out of stock :(

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

ireladd posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but it's a hard one to get Google results on. I assume that any skins I apply to my weapons aren't seen by the opposing team, correct? I can get as garish as I want without overly standing out?

The skins you apply to your weapons are visible by everyone.

Do not be ashamed of your flower skin.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
So hum, consoles players. Hows that patch so far?

Anyone experiencing connectivity / framerate issues that they didn't had prior to 1.3 ?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Talkc posted:

I just read this, can someone explain how a friend of mine with the game can give me one of these so i can try out the game with him? Google is doing that stupid thing where even though i put quotations around guest pass it still gives me nothing but Season Pass stuff.

There have been no such things as guest pass since closed beta.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Party Plane Jones posted:

What? There were guest passes in late December.

I... hum, I was testing you yes. :downs:

and this is why i shouldn't post dead tired.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

whoknew posted:

I preordered Division, anyone else get into the beta that wants to play this weekend?

But it's 50% renown bonus this weekend!!

(I'll play the Div)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Y'know, everytime someone uses the word :airquote: Clancyverse :airquote: in a serious conversation, it is immediately followed by cringes, eyes rolling and sighs.

I love it.

automaticswim posted:

My favorite part of this video is Keshik: "gently caress gently caress dick" dead.

This is happening everytime Kesh dies tbh.

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 26, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

Ey Hard, any chance of looking into the mic volume bug?

Windows mic volume gets set to whatever the mic record setting is at ingame.

It seems to happen when the game is initializing party voip stuff, like when you first get put in a party after getting online, or if you quit out of a game and get thrown back into a fresh single-person party.

Steam voice chat has the exact same behavior. It calls for the same Windows function in both instances so it's not really a bug per saaaaaay.

It's a pain if you don't have a manual mixer on your headset i'll give you that.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Guys have you noticed the small patch?

The greedy suits assholes just released bolted the Emerald skin for any weapons at the low price of 3.99$ (CAD)

Please buy it so this game doesn't die in a few months since no one wants to deal with this poo poo.

Sincerely ~An infuriated Dev.

Speaking from a player's perspective here. Behind all your salt i do think you bring some valid points that are plaguing the industry. It's easy to get greedy as everything is about consumption and profit or simply because the servers need to stay up however i sincerely think this is not the case with what this game is going for. Sure you have horror stories like PAYDAY2 but putting all your eggs in the same basket isn't the way to go.

Hard fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 27, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

BadLlama posted:

Do you need to unlock the new operators to have access to those operators recruits? Will we even get recruits for these new operators?

Also, I do not think I've bought a season pass to any game every except this one.

No JTF2 recruits :quebec: :canada:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Talkc posted:

Arstechinca

The reviews on this site are beyond loving :psypop:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Eatpants posted:

I got this game for free today for owning a GTX970-980 series card.

http://www.asus.com/event/VGA/Bullets-or-Blades/

Set Region to Japan after clicking Redeem Now.
Search if your manufacturer is honoring this promo. I'm excited to play this again, could have been playing last month too had I known.

Welcome back! Get in mumble and come cluster the hostage with us.

VulgarandStupid posted:

OKPlanB you should let us play operators on the opposite teams in custom game. Thanks.

El Jebus posted:

Edit: Hard, just had a game type idea. What about a VIP/President style mode? Tall building or something, have to escort the VIP to the safe zone outside, while the "defenders" try and stop you/kill the VIP.

I also wondered if there could be a map or mode where everyone has access to the building cameras. Defenders can place sticky cameras while attackers get their normal drones? Always seemed odd that the attackers couldn't get access to the building cameras.

Noted :)

lohli posted:

2nd of Feb, non season pass owners get it on the 9th

This only applies to the operators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Drone parkour in House

Some neat spots if you're not being shot at.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn_ledi8IB0

e:

lohli posted:

Would anyone be interested in a pretty big writeup of all the operators and what they're good and bad at, when to pick or not pick them?

Theyve been posted here before but Serenity17 did some really good class reviews, lots of useful info in there if anyone feels like writing all that down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQb2lB1S3ag

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 28, 2016

• Locked thread