Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

This webpage is from the future! WHOOOAAAA! Crazy Australians. If I had one of you guys for my Santee, I'd send you a box of snow and really show you what-for.

A local guy here sold snow last year online and people actually bought it. He made a killing because Mass got like 70 billion feet of snow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Zac Snyder is fine. He is what he is, and he makes amazing looking movies. People get all bent out of shape because they always expect him to be something he's not. I can think of far worse people who have been given the keys to the car

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

scuz posted:

The BluRay release was amazing because you can turn on subtitles. DKR was such a loving let-down. If I had my way, it would have followed the Dark Knight Returns arc where everything's fast-forwarded long enough for the Joker to be out of the picture, get a woman to play Robin (I so had my hopes set on that), and have Bruce pass the torch somehow. Whatever, I don't write movies, I just complain about them v:shobon:v

I didn't like DKR because it was kind of boring. Some cool poo poo happened and at first watching in the theater I liked it but I also knew it was one of those movies that I might only rewatch once or twice ever. He didn't really WANT to make that movie either at all or at the time, and you can definitely tell. I liked the Dark Knight but I don't think it was the masterpiece that a lot of people do and IMO the first one is the best of the three.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Inception is a great movie, how dare you lump it in with DKR

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

scuz posted:

Inception took a really big swing with a lot of practical effects and a fun idea, and I respect that. The movie was very enjoyable and I watched it a bunch more times, but at the end of the day, it's 2 and a half hours of people on screen explaining to people watching what the hell's going on.

Because the average person is an idiot and can't understand things :v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

leica posted:

Anyone else see the end of the Packers/Lions game? Holy poo poo :vince:

detroit.gif

Lions saw what happened to the Browns on Monday and were like oh yeah watch this

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

leica posted:

It was a good call, and it was a facemask, the Lions just hosed up by letting a loving 60 yard hail mary happen. The odds of that working in the NFL are like .05%

But Detroit Lions, so it's more like 50%

It wasn't a facemask. Incidental contact on the facemask isn't a penalty, and he never hooked and pulled him by it. His hand grazed by it as he grabbed his jersey on the shoulder and pulled him down

http://gfycat.com/FamousHugeBrownbutterfly

If that was reviewable (which in that situation it should be), it wouldn't have stood

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

leica posted:

No, they spoke to the head ref in NY and he said it will get called every time. The rule states “No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction,”

It might have been slight but it was a facemask and it would not have been overturned because there was no evidence to the contrary.

He didn't do any of those things though, he grazed by it and grabbed his shoulder

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I finally upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to 10 and now it just crashes when I type in my password and reboots. Sigh...

Did you turn it off and on

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

What the hell did you do

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

Good point, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a taxi, since foil probably wouldn't transfer color like that.

Here's the sticker on the outer shell of the mirror:

And here's the one on the mirror itself:

"20200540" is the part number I used to identify the mirror as belonging to a BMW. The corresponding left side mirror is "20200539".

Leave this info with the cops and all the nearby dealers/shops with instructions to contact the cops if any car comes in for this

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Just get someones pee. Or you know, don't light up when you are trying to get a job

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 8, 2015

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BoostCreep posted:

My friend swapped an LS3 into his FD RX7 a few years ago and still has the 13B and transmission sitting in storage. A few months ago the engine in his 2006 M3 ate itself, so now he has a 65k mile e46 M3 with a bad engine and a good twin turbo rotary sitting on a palate in a garage.

He'd never do it, but a man can dream.

Get him really drunk and convince him to do it

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Cage posted:

The kind that would pay money to live with SAG.

Low blow what up.

Shots fired

which is what hes worried about :v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

AI: I have three cars that don't run, so I'm getting rid of the two that do.

To be fair the jeep could easily switch to "doesn't run" at any given moment

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Enourmo posted:

moving some of my unplayed (or at least underplayed) games back to the mechanical hard drive, I am really feeling the pain of being speed capped, either by the HDD or the fact my motherboard only has SATA 2 ports on it.

When I finally do a proper build it'll be SSDs all the way and whatever the fastest ports are at that time

I can't wait till 1+ TB ones are cheap enough to justify buying

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

120 isn't enough for a main drive IMO unless you put no games on it

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Fart Pipe posted:

Guess who has a date this Monday? Yea this guy. Broke my dry spell last weekend with a wedding hookup and got a date out of it. Im soooo stoked.

You suck

good luck

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Five Guys sucks

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

My cat Julius just suddenly died in front of me. He was only a year and a half old.

Please hug your loved ones tonight, folks. I wish I had gotten one more chance.

:glomp:

sorry buddy :(

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

2015 was a nightmare for me

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Need a making GBS threads update on SAC, it has been hours since the last one

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I just realized that I am not excited for Christmas at all this year

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

Have a kid. Now that mine is 3 and super loving excited for the first time, I can't remember the last time (if ever) I was this excited for Christmas. I think I'm about as excited to watch her go apeshit on Christmas morning as I ever was as a kid to open my own presents.

Kid is like five steps ahead of wherever I am right now lol. (also i hate kids)

I was excited having someone to give a bunch of stuff to last year and this year well... gently caress :smith: Funny how much poo poo changes so fast

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Apparently I'm some sort of magnet for unsatisfied girlfriends

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

SAC you are gonna get clean for the test, then maybe last like three weeks before you smoke again lol. Someone around you is gonna light up and trigger the poo poo out of you

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

MrChips posted:

Well clearly your lot in life is to go satisfy them! :quagmire:

I do, I guess I have a reputation now

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

How good is Microcenter at price matching? I know they have a thing about always matching CPU prices but what about other stuff?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Star Wars trip report: It's good

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Bought computer parts today then immediately thought man that coulda been car parts

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

ken how do you have so many tabs :stare:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Steam Winter Sale time :retrogames:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Phone posted:

:toot: First time I've wanted to buy something in a few years. I've burnt myself out on Rocket League and wanted to get Don't Starve for cheap.

The store was only down for 45 minutes. :f5:

I've been wanting to buy Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Gone Home for a while and both are 70% off :dance:

e: I'm gonna get DMC4 SE too even though I already own DMC4.. too bad theres no upgrade option

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Fart Pipe posted:

You're god drat right.

Menthol Dr McGillicutty with a squirt of chocolate syrup is awesome

Just do exactly this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bt6aNEf3Vo

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

My booze supply got replenished and my sister got me another sugared donut candle, so not bad gift wise. I wish everything else was better though, such a big 180 from this time last year and I hate it

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Mid 60's here in MA and I'm ok with that. Keep the snow away, I didn't buy winter tires yet

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Cakefool posted:

I got Fury Road and my water damaged copy of H2G2 replaced, and a small selection of beers. I'm well pleased, now if only I wasn't coming down with something.

Start drinking and dull the sick

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I'm more than halfway into this bottle of Dr McGillicuddy and still not feeling it yet

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I may or may not have killed a bottle of McGillicuddys this afternoon..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

This seems appropriate.

You stole our weather, you can keep it though

blk posted:

I'm contemplating selling my Miata and getting a Boxster or Cayman - I'm comfy in it but don't pass the broomstick test, even with a mild foamectomy.

Cayman probably isn't an option with all the kid expenses, though.

S2000

• Locked thread