Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sparatuvs posted:

there was, they dragged him out with a meat hook no joke.

Detective Pinhead and the Cenobite division dispatched to restore order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
When the terrorists start shooting weapons, dem's hard times, daddy. Dem's hard times.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Our allies.

Oh, and Russia.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"Why would we allow a gun to a terrorist suspect why would we do that"
"OBAMAAAAAAAAAA"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

QuoProQuid posted:

Obama's recommendations for Congress:

1. No guns for individuals on the "No Fly List"
2. Prohibition on high caliber weapons
3. Stronger screening for individuals who come to U.S. without visa
4. AUMF for a war against ISIS

5. Stop loving up and occupying countries

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
muslim muslim muslim muslim

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

He's actually talking about very thin cows

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Meg From Family Guy posted:

The only time passion enters into his voice is when he mentions islam.

I bet by February 2017 the “announcement” will be made on the View or Oprah show that he’s “converted” to it

Shut up, Meg.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

But WHICH god? The true Christian one or some Moon God?

Moon slim

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Favorite part was still "To work along our allies. And even countries like Russia."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Yeah, yeah, some bad guys, influenced by a strange form of isLAM, did some bad stuff, BUT DONT BLAME ISLAM EVER AND LOVE ALL MUSLIMS, SHAME ON YOU IF YOU DON’T. Gd bless Americans who love Muslims and screw the rest.

more like isLAME heh :smuggo:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

blue squares posted:

I put MIGF on ignore, did it get banned and reincarnated as this? loving hell.

Just respond with "Shut up, Meg" and move on, it's part of the gimmick.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Inglonias posted:

:negative: I wanna get off this ride now please.

Please.

There is no getting off Donald Trump's Wild Ride. It never ends and only gets faster.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FAUXTON posted:

That said, that tantrum was after a Romney loss. Now imagine that rage dial cranked all the way up to the notch marked "Trump."

But you never go full Trump :stonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Winner is Jew posted:

So if republicans vote no on that it means they want terrorists to have guns right? :v:

Let's just remove Mr. V from the end of your sentence there and you pretty much have it right.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

You know who else forsake Christ.....

God?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Oh my god, what if you could pay like $2 a day to keep someone probated?

Literally no one would be able to post ever and you know what on second thought let's roll.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr. Wookums posted:

I'd like to think a super neglected IT department will burn companies in the long run like a cancer, but shareholders and upper management really don't give a poo poo.

It most definitely does, though the employees generally eat the damage first. I've already lost one job because they were yanking funds from IT to give to sales... after two months of complaining about how bad offshore's code is. Upper management will happily mortgage their future for sweet sweet dollars.

Consulting is where it's at right now, as the timeline usually goes:

Hire someone out of college
They get sick of doing the lion's share for laughable wages and move on
Teach BA to code
BA neglects it because they have "better things to do" (ie. Have no clue how to do it)
Contract overseas because you can pay them less for less expectations
Miss multiple deadlines and get poo poo code because overseas workers are exploited even worse
Panic
Hire consultant firm to fix it at twice normal fees
Go out of business

The big issue right now is getting in with a firm that actually makes software and isn't just interested in filling seats. Those are hard to find and finding one that gives a poo poo about anyone outside the people present at startup is even harder.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mandatory lesbian posted:

if i saw al-queda on facebook i'd like it as a joke, are we supposed to not allow people in this country cause of jokes

You've spent enough time on the forums to know the answer to this

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Nah, back in 2008 we had a different, though similar one for :arzy:.

This one, maybe?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It was like that one, yes, but different somehow. Sorry, this is getting needlessly nitpicky and my memory is being unaccountably uncooperative.

Nah, this is fascinating. I was there for the entire 2008 thread and I honestly don't remember this.

We should undergo a project during the 2016 election to re-create it based solely on the sketchy memories of any smilies that could have possibly been it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

paranoid randroid posted:

its is called, btw, "gently caress, That's Delicious"

in one episode, he makes a baklava milkshake.

Man you could pay me to get fat off of those live on YouTube

It would only take like one episode

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GalacticAcid posted:

article. Sorry it's Buzzfeed.

Oopsie. Welp, gg Bern.

The worst part about this is it probably isn't even his fault and he didn't use it at all. But idk, maybe I'm not cynical enough about politicians? :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fknlo posted:

This was not a good enough answer for the person that was talking about how a flat tax would be better and I was hoping there was more that I couldn't think of off the top of my head.

If "it doesn't work and even worse it mangles the income of poor people" isn't a good enough answer you are not going to win this argument no matter what.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

never not always don't post

This but the opposite

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ogmius815 posted:

Nate Silver is good at one thing: using polls to project presidential elections. Once he can start doing that again D&D will come crawling back.

Alternatively you can follow Voteomatic which did unweighted averages of all polls and also got the numbers exactly

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xae posted:

Constantly being in the news and disrupting things let the Occupy Wall Street movement force through landmark legislation such as:

Accomplishments:

• Creating the 1% meme
  • Bringing police brutality to the national spotlight and helping shift the narrative about them
  • Helping spread counteraction information about standard police anti-protest tactics
  • Giving a (literal) voice and rallying point for millennial frustrated with inequality
  • Getting the Dean of the college where an officer maced a line of protesters for no goddamn reason canned, leading to the awesome "silent walk of shame" moment

I mean it slanted way too much towards white college students and whites in general, but there were still protests like Oakland, which is probably the most occupy-y of all, down to actually occupying a foreclosed building as their headquarters.

But you're right, it wasn't able to get something passed given the house and the tea party morons in it, complete failure, everyone point and laugh

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I've never been trolled by TDD before this! I'm pretty excited, I'm going places as a poster :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Maarek posted:

I suspect what Joe is hinting at is that there's not a literal decline in most facets but there has been a massively unequal distribution of the improvements to quality of life or whatever metric you want to use.

I suspect the point being made is "things are better than horrible now" which is not the same as "things are good."

Which, while demonstrably correct, is not necessarily helpful towards the conversation about inequality, as it leads people to think that because progress has been made, we're over the hump and can just let things work themselves out. Granted, that's other people's fallacies, but you have to take them into account of you want to persuade someone to honestly consider a new point.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

One of the few absolutes I think we can all agree on in this forum.

it's a honeypot post to catch more racists

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hmm. Checks out.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

Only 27 more hours in 2015 to get in your hot take on the problems with BLM!

Not helping, Joe. Not helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Supposedly the final batch of emails will be released in a month.

Oh, thank God. Maybe now we can finally leave this whole stupid scandal behind us and get back to important things, like who killed Ben Ghazi and why.

• Locked thread