Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
We're all getting coal this year, aren't we? :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How are GOP leaders getting away with saying refugees aren't being vetted and that we need to enact stronger measures to keep out terrorists? Are they betting on people literally not knowing anything about the refugee resettlement process (ie that it is already the most stringently vetted migration process we have) and will not even do the most basic of fact-checking? :psyduck:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Tempest_56 posted:

Because they know people literally don't know anything about the refugee resettlement process and don't do even the most basic of fact-checking. A significant portion of Americans believe that being a refugee means that someone shows up in a boat on the shore, is given a green card and is given a house/medical care/a secure job/stacks of raw cash. This is something people actually believe, and I have heard from the mouths of otherwise sensible human beings.

drat it, this is child's play level stuff. It's not like Watergate or the Pentagon Papers here. Politicians could literally say grass is purple and the sky is red and the media still wouldn't call them out and people still wouldn't fact check. :eng99:

I'm not new to this stuff, it just continues to amaze me when I think we've hit rock bottom already.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 1, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Zombie Samurai posted:

Wait... what?

That was my same response, mixed with choked out :laffo:.

Uh, sure Jeb! Communications Director, try googling that. I'm sure DeviantArt or Reddit will steer you in the right direction...

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Luigi Thirty posted:

The new media message by the way is that Rosa Parks was a god-fearing Republican because she was fighting against racist Democrats.

The Dixiecrat flip has had some unfortunate consequences when it comes to manipulating peoples' ignorance about historical context. :smithicide:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I dunno, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and say the image is meant to emphasize Parks starting from the back of the bus but then moving forward along the arrow. The emphasis is on the physically moving forward part, which is what the anniversary is all about. I don't think it's as bad as you all are making it out to be.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
When is the government shutdown supposed to happen this month?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

FAUXTON posted:

How detailed do you want? This is a snake whose head is in the present and whose tail is a couple centuries in the past. The end of reconstruction brought a violent reprisal and a spiteful return of as much of the prior social order as could be had with slavery being outlawed. They could no longer own people, but they have ever since been bound and determined to keep their prior possessions (and the descendants thereof) from enjoying full participation and equal treatment in society. Nearly every racial advancement (especially prior to the 70s) has been over dead bodies and beaten ideologues of the south, and this is just another rear-guard attempt by the same poisonous filth that shelled fort sumter 151 years ago. They know they likely won't face consequences from the legal system or reciprocity from the peers of their victims, and they act accordingly.

Hypothetically, if the Union and the Confederacy remained split as two separate countries to this day, would their relationship to each other be like India and Pakistan's today (ie highly poisonous and antagonistic)?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I see nothing wrong with this, and if approved, Our Troops would become invincible. Why is Obama not letting our skeleton warriors loose?

In other news, Thomas Piketty agrees with Bernie Sanders that income equality is the driving factor in most of the world's problems.

This should be hung up in every high school across America. :allears:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

seiferguy posted:

I think this is the most important thing from that Trump article:

This should be reproduced as an oil painting.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

http://www.theonion.com/article/frustrated-gunman-cant-believe-how-far-he-has-driv-51923

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

An Angry Bug posted:

Disabled god damned children. Burn the NRA to the ground and salt the earth.

I didn't think we'd be able to top Sandy Hook, but here we are.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

SubponticatePoster posted:

Sandy Hook happened and not a loving thing got done. Let me reiterate that: some crazy motherfrucker murdered children and not a goddamn thing happened. So no.

Well, some people were advocating for doubling down on bullet proof vests for students and concealed carry for adults, so there's that.

With all these shootings and and people helpless to do anything about it, you'd think we were in Burundi, not a country number one in GDP in the world.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

pathetic little tramp posted:

If it helps, it may not have had anything to do with disabled kids - apparently there was an outside group renting space at the facility today and that seems to be where the shooting took place.

I've known people personally who, in hushed tones, wished for the death and purging of the mentally disabled for being a waste of resources. I can't say I'm surprised.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

haveblue posted:

Maybe this would finally be the motivation to make guns harder to obtain.

No, they will just make it harder for them to move there like in Texas. So only white people have easy access to guns. To commit mass shootings with. :downs:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So we're televising mass shootings weekly now. When do we get to televise mass shootings daily? Or on a 24/7 pay-per-view channel?

[e]: It doesn't have to be ISIS shooting up the mentally disabled guys. There are people who genuinely despise the disabled, I am not yanking your chain.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Touché.

:wow:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BonoMan posted:

Oh come one people were being speculative... not assuming the rumors were true. Just saying "if it WERE terrorists, then why here?"

We're just asking questions!!!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Just face palming at the knee jerk ISIS speculation here. Good job, guys. :bravo:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Heard Obama responding to the San Bernadino shooting on NPR. He just sounds so totally exhausted and dead inside trying to make a statement.

"These shootings are unparalleled in any other country on earth. They should be rare, not normal." :smith:

Also the NPR reporter saying it's just totally impossible to prevent these kinds of shootings from happening. gently caress.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 3, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12443/web

San Bernadino police scanner active right now.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Nprs not wrong though. At least until people get over their fetish for guns.

Yeah, it's just depressing when even NPR throws in the towel.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

CarterUSM posted:

Listening to the speech tones and cadences of a traffic reporter talk about the detours and traffic disruptions caused by the live killing of two suspects in a mass-shooting is just surreal.

"Tonight's traffic update is brought to you by Pennzoil!"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

OAquinas posted:

In other countries, this would be a shocking and revolutionary event. For the Freedom loving US, this is a Wednesday.

The US is competing with Burundi for greatest apathy towards shooting events and live killings.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I know the bodies aren't cold yet but did Obama start taking everyone's guns?! :ohdear:

No, he's just as resigned and dead inside as we are. :smith::hf::smith:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

KABC talking about a missing third suspect so I keep thinking I'm missing something.

Well, you see, two of the suspects had #1 and #3 written on them in sharpie, so they'll spend forever looking for the mythical third suspect.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Preview for the conference: 'We do not know much. There is not much information; things are still active. We will see you in an hour with more information.'

"The motive is unknowable."

Alternatively,

if(white)=unknown;
else=terrorism

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Loucks posted:

Edit: The narrative that in the US terrorism is defined by the color of the perpetrator's skin is really stupid and wrong. This is what I'm trying to communicate.

Those were the 90s, my friend. Welcome to the now.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Thump! posted:

*900 new posts in the span of 6 hours*

I take it some stuff happened?

...You could say that.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Winkie01 posted:

Meanwhile in San Fransico today....

https://www.instagram.com/p/-z3eBvPopx/

:nws::nms:^^^

It's nice we can use police as an impromptu firing squad death sentence versus an actual process of law and order. Making good headway in the competition against Burundi.

Good job not marking that with warnings too! :thumbsup:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I wonder how that SF police shooting video must look to our European counterparts. I can't think of a response other than "they're loving crazy. :stare:"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Abel Wingnut posted:

ap confirms one of the gunmen was named syed farook

Oh cool. Chances yet another white shooter of "unknown motive" unleashes vengeance on random bystanders next week based on the slightest provocation because of this?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Why'd this terrorist shoot up a christmas party, if religion had no connection?

Literally a War on Christmas, you might say?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Fascism is cool and all but when are Americans going to start wearing the cool uniforms?

Fascism will come to America wearing Crocs and an XXL Tapout hoodie.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Second suspect identified -- Tayeep Bin Ardogan, a Qatar citizen.

Don't worry guys, anytime soon we're going to get the surprise evidence of them being secret right-wing militiamen! You just got to believe!

Accompanied by third suspect, Bessie Al Asud.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Republicans posted:

In a way that leaves me felling kinda sad and gross it's almost comforting to know these kinds of events don't even make people bat a loving eye anymore and significant hay won't be made from this come election time because nobody cares.

I'm trying to imagine what would at this point.

I'm thinking something like a mass shooter on top of an SUV swinging a decapitated head at the end of steel chain like an around the world yo-yo, splattering blood on bystanders while hooping and hollering like Major Kong at the end of Dr. Strangelove.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

McDowell posted:

What if Ahmed Lanza had done Sandy Hook, and not Adam?

Supermegaultraterrorism.

Nippled America? :confused:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 3, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

zoux posted:

I don't know why the Republicans think that an America in which you have to go around armed in order to protect yourself from random violence is a society worth living in. If that's America, it's terrible.

I guess that's just the price you pay for a pseudo-autistic level of fixation and inseparability with guns. :shrug:

...Err, sorry if that's offensive, maybe Stockholm Syndrome instead? Either way, it's most definitely a mass national psychosis.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 3, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Radbot posted:

Their firearm skills are off the charts, it's the lack of PER and AGL that's gonna be dangerous.

INT is the dump stat. They're gunning for the Idiot Savant perk early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

toanoradian posted:

Will the right wing's responses towards a mass shooting of Muslim victims be different?

"They were no angels." *long, wet fart*

• Locked thread