Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Kilroy posted:

I can't be certain, but it seems like this woman actually believes that Obama supports taking in Syrian refugees... so he has people to hang out with once he's left office?

Nah she's built up in her mind a paranoid fantasy where Obama's inviting Syrian refugees to set off another 9/11 because he's a Muslim and not 100% American and thus wants to destroy the country from within. Because Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

THANK YOU!

I thought I was the only one who felt this way and that I was the crazy one. It's like there's this elephant in the room of deepening income inequality, stagnant wages, etc. and yet NPR et al are acting all optimistic about the economy getting better. It's practically willful ignorance from the way the media portrays the economy now.

The mean household income of NPR's audience is over $80k/yr. The economy is doing pretty well for them.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Stultus Maximus posted:

The Independent chose to clip off part of the original:

Sounds like typical "we don't get any benefit so not in my backyard" was the real reason, with some idiots for window dressing.

Yep that's the real angle. The northeastern corner of NC is a hot market for solar farms, with one of the largest on the east coast set to come online next year. Outside timber plots for wood pellet harvesting, leasing out some unused farmland is about the only growth industry in the region. I guarantee that lady is either pissed off because her neighbors are getting checks for doing nothing and she sold off her daddy's land years ago, or if she still had land the offer she got wasn't what she was expecting.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

FAUXTON posted:

Couldn't be that the town is packed with filth like this, no sirree.

It is a traditionally Democratic county and was one of only two counties in the state won by George McGovern.[11] The last Democratic candidate to lose the county was William Jennings Bryan in 1896.[12] In the last five Presidential elections the Democratic candidate has consistently received over 63% of the county's vote.[13]

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

FAUXTON posted:

What does that have to do with them being absolute trash? They managed to convince themselves that a solar farm would suck up all the sunlight.

Actually the solar farm was set to be the town's fourth, but was rejected because it didn't meet residential setback requirements.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Well a new Iowa poll came out yesterday with Jeb at 2% so his numbers only have one way to go!

The same poll has him in 6th in NH, behind Kasich. :laugh:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Kitfox88 posted:

I was about to ask why the gently caress we were purposefully targeting civilian centers but then I saw the picture of LeMay and all was made clear again to me.

Fact: Curtis LeMay was a big fan of Miracle Whip.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Actually, the difference in living standards between now and other points in American history is even more pronounced for racial minorities.

Absolutely. When a cop shoots a black guy for sport these days, he might get charged (and ultimately acquitted) for it.

50 years ago you'd be lucky if it made page 4 below the fold next to the horoscope.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Boon posted:

Listening to "The Night Santa Went Crazy" by Wierd Al, reading Pope Francis' speech, and making chocolate chip pancakes (coconut syrup) as we speak. I think I'm the gooniest USPol goon at the moment.

Some digital cable channel called Chiller is running crappy horror movies all day.

Right now Killer Klowns From Outer Space is finishing up. Next up is Jack Frost. Here's a screenshot:

Sadly no Silent Night, Deadly Night.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

:agreed:

And Stone Mountain should be renamed W. W. Law Mountain.

Get hosed traitors.

There's already a much more elegant solution for Stone Mountain

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ThirdPartyView posted:

Have it mandated that "Elevators (Me & You)" is looped in perpetuity as well.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

computer parts posted:

It's true that a lot of black people are outside of the South (maybe more than in it, though I don't know for sure), but it's also true that a lot of Southerners are black people (at higher percentages than anywhere else in the nation).

The majority of black people live in the south, 55% in the 2010 census, up from 54% in 2000

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/census_2000/cb01cn176.html
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/2010_census/cb11-cn185.html

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

haveblue posted:

I don't get One America News on Time Warner but I do get the American Heroes Channel :patriot:

AHC is just where the Hitler channel dumped all their Hitler material so they can run more reruns of Ice Road UFO Swamp Truck Pawn Rebels of the Bible.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

KomradeX posted:

I'm going to say literally because of movies since that's what people do in Westerns after they rob the Wells Fargo stage coach they hide out in Mexico

Every country in the western hemisphere has an extradition treaty with the US, so Mexico is only good for passing through to somewhere else.

If you're gonna go on the lam, southeast Asia or one of the more stable former Iron Curtain countries is your best bet, and even still they can send you back if the US makes a big enough stink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Presto posted:

Virginia's licenses are compliant. At least, mine (from 2010) appears to have everything they're supposed to have. I guess they just asked for an extension so they could replace the old licenses gradually as they expired rather than doing some bigger rollout.

NC's are now. It was gonna be sooner but the original contractor the state used hosed something up so they had to cancel and find another one, so they didn't start printing complaint ones until this year. They look really stupid.

• Locked thread