Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Would the chaos damage from life leech from the The Retch be subject to multipliers from increased chaos damage nodes? I've got some stupid idea for a scion with Berserker/witch pathing for Leech and added chaos damage and want to know if it's a "incredibly stupid, won't work" or just "probably not very effective, have fun" level of dumb.

Fake Edit:

This damage cannot be modified by damage modifiers because it is considered as reflected damage. From the wiki. Reading is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

regulargonzalez posted:

Slayer's Endless Hunger would probably work well, then. At least in theory -- it makes it so leech effects don't stop even when you get to 100% life. Hm.

This is what I'm building towards actually.

I'll get back to the thread in a week after I find out if it works.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Mar 19, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

What unique has the "your attacks are not prevented by insufficient mana" on it again?

In typing that I remembered the right wording to search for it.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

How do any of you play without an SSD?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Is there any way to make holding shift the default without Autohotkey?

Turns out the AMD Crimson drivers are even worse than I thought. If you're stuck on a red card and having issues, go back to Catalyst.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Mar 21, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Ada posted:

I managed to get an Earthquake mod on my helm for my Earthquake build, but it was increased radius and I already had like 80 increased aoe already, so no dice.
What you have there is a free damage boost from conc effect with no effective AOE change.

Bushiz posted:

it's a 4790k with a r9 390 and 32 gigs of Ram, though. Is this not something that happens for other people and do I need to go hunting for some poo poo that probably got hosed up by the abused child responsible for AMD's drivers?

I actually just rambled about this last night but it was in the middle of the night and probably got missed. Get the gently caress off of the Crimson drivers. Rolling back from Crimson to an old catalyst beta fixed 80-90% of the issues I was having.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Ultima66 posted:

Conc Effect is multiplicative with your AoE so you'll still get a big AoE cut.

That's a little disheartening.

Why does it use decreased instead of more then? I thought everything with increased/decreased was additive.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Ultima66 posted:

Huh? It says "less" like it should. More/less is multiplicative, increased/decreased is additive just like you said.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Concentrated_Effect

Apparently I'm illiterate. I looked at that page before posting and could have sworn it said decreased.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

I wonder if those fixes will help with the last 10-15% of performance I'm still missing even though I'm on windows 7. Drivers fixed the rest

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Mortimer posted:

I love going through old threads where people are valuing new uniques. Especially when said unique is broken and eventually was nerfed and it's still incredible.

People still poo poo all over it.

A good example: Lightning Coil.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Coil

Used to be 40% phys as lightning. Now it's 30%.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/475284/page/74
^Lightning Coil is discovered in game.

People who don't know how mitigation works

As it turns out the downsides were too small :rip:

More people who don't know how mitigation works

~lightning coil~

I still don't understand how lightning coil works. I've never looked at any builds that use one either. Can someone short version it?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Valle posted:

Stumbled across this on reddit as I was looking up the daily labyrinth, and since I only knew about half of these I thought I'd share with those of you who are clueless like me: http://imgur.com/a/Yemuf

Maybe that hint will help me hate the marketplace less.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Man this league looked like so much fun but so many other games came out like three weeks into it.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

UnholyCow posted:

I came back after only playing a little in beta and just after launch, basically a new player, and started with Flicker Strike. I'm in SC so it's not exactly punishing when I die but it is 100% ridiculous and got me to learn the game. Now I have 6 characters and want to play HC next league. What have I done? :ohdear:

Enjoyed yourself

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

climboutonalimb posted:

So, is anyone else going for the top 25 Demi this race?

On HC, I'm currently #14 for Inquisitor;
Rodent is still in the Juggernaut top 25 field but will likely be pushed out end of the race.
On SC, I recognize ZyrKx is #12 for Elementalist.

Did I miss any other goons

NEEEEERD.

Good luck.

Did they say what the prize was for being in the top?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Been busy with some other games. Have they said anything about what's after the 2 week league?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Touchdown Boy posted:

I think he said characters, not players, which makes it slightly different in meaning. But still he did say many dont map or do Atziri at all, maybe through bad builds or just lack of interest in levelling slower... who knows.

My point was locking this sort of stuff (ie character development) behind high end maps is an older mmo thing to do and something they havent really done in this game yet and I dont really see why they need to.

Chances are no one will care but if it means balancing around 8 points it will probably mean shitter ascendencies down the road as they try to balance it a bit. Also you are making it easier on people because they can choose more goodies instead of having to just pick what suits their build.

I only really skimmed the post about it, but did it explicitly say there were more ascendancy points? Offering no extra points but having a higher tier of enchants would make the most sense to me . (But I don't work for GGG sooo)

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

If poe legitimately added fishing I'd probably have 3x as many hours as I do.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Maybe in prophecy I'll play long enough to get enough money to finally try out my perma-leech Retch Slayer.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

10ex average?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

Hello what is new my fellow exiles

What are the cool new things happening

Something about gypsies, silver dollars, and endurance charges

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Bouquet posted:

Someone got a free (Act 1 Normal) rare and a free 20% armor quality boost from me because of this one. I still got the achievement for boosting something to 20% quality with a prophecy though.

I was on the receiving end of one of these. Was a little confused until now.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 4, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Is a mid-high rolled pyre ring worth 3c or is that just early league price gouging on poe.trade. I got one and need some cash.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Goddamn trollass Carnage Heart.

Doesn't even have good rolls.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Social Media posted:

join the poisonquake crew and smash your way to victory with an oversized croquet mallet

I would love to see a joke flamingo 2h hammer unique

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Decided to check the prices on the uniques I need for my slayer build I never got around to last season.

Turns out there isn't a single Retch, Feastbind, or Faminebind on poe.trade right now..

gently caress

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

whypick1 posted:

That's probably because those are Talisman-only uniques, so good luck finding any outside of Standard (where you can buy a Retch for the low low price of 4.5ex)

I completely missed that they were talisman only.

Thank you for saving me minutes of annoyance

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Bouquet posted:

Here, let me rephrase that so you can move on from explaining how I am a bad person:

Voidheart would be more interesting providing a chance to bleed/poison on hit plus some other benefit than it is providing a 100% chance.

Your posts would be more interesting if you did something aside from bitch about an item that's only going to be in a video game for 3 months.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

TheRat posted:

We did it team

Did what?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is there an alternative to Marohi where I don't have to reduce my attack speed? Gotta go fast

Any other mace/axe

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I really loving hate the labyrinth. Let's create an arena where only about 10% of the ground is safe to stand on, and then have the boss cover that 10% in exploding poo poo that takes you from 1,300 life to 0 in less than a second on normal. Also now you need to spend an hour just getting back to him, gently caress you!

I figured level 37 would be enough to take normal labyrinth on, but nope! :mad: I don't even want to imagine what this poo poo is like in cruel and merciless.

An hour?

Go faster.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

TheRat posted:

So you're ignoring my post where I explained just that then?

Speaking of balance

You keep up quality posts like this and pretty soon you'll be designing the next "her sword" or whatever the gently caress it's called

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

People who play this game as their actual job are getting too good at it, so people who play this after their actual job must have a harder time to gain xp.
Moon logic.

Yeah that's some KMMO bullshit and they'd better drag their heads out of their asses. Starting the XP walling that early seems like a bad fix.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Awesome! posted:

you can bind walk to a key though which is what i did when i played it. i actually like that better than click to walk and i wish poe let me do it.

Get a better keyboard, map a macro key to a mouse button.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

climboutonalimb posted:

eh, based on the recent Q&A post, they have a queue of nearly 300 customer designed uniques. I don't really care that much ... just think it's an interesting thought experiment.

It shows. Stick to playing and not thinking.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

whypick1 posted:

So who wants to tell me what's wrong with this character because I am dying wayyyyyyyyy too much and it's really pissing me off because I just want to get to level 90 and I'm so close.

Yesterday I got one shot by Izaro with full Conduits and died 3 times running Poorjoy's, all the while I had my charges up (one of those was a rare corpse getting detonated :argh:). None of those times I was running RF (I've had to save that for times when it's obvious I can breeze by with it on). The obvious answer would seem to be "get more life/armor" but I honestly don't know how I can squeeze that much more out of my current gear (besides maybe my boots for armor; rolling BBBR on STR gear didn't seem like fun for me so I bought those for maybe 2c).

A better question is why did you let izaro get to full conduits?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

That is way too many words for anyone on this forum to care about.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

ronya posted:

the tail is crazily, improbably long

that is, a "normal" player has exactly zero exalts and has maybe some chaos from dutifully doing the chaos recipe a dozen times, whereas a handful of dedicated players have hundreds of ex

I'm not sure GGG has a way to make crafting more accessible without utterly devaluing currency

I have way more chaos from drops than from recipes.

I'm not so sure the average player bothers with sets that much.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

killstealing posted:

because of the insanely retarded feud between the goons who swore fealty to Blizzard and the goons who swore undying loyalty to Grinding Gear Games, you can't actually talk about one of the other game's features without

happening. namasté.

I'm a hella casual when it comes to poe. I play maybe 30h a league total.

I do play a lot of other games, and even before I started playing poe "who the hell even plays d3 anymore?" was something that was frequently said.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

Thanks! Will be on much later tonight to join up and beg for a Goldrim.

I'll never understand the sheer condescension in any discussion around this game. Cruel is a slog and idk if I'll want to read through a guide this late in a league, can't I just bash through the ledge in peace?

If you want peace go camping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

TheRat posted:

As you probably know, PoE has gone multi-core meaning it's a lot better at utilizing your cpu. So if you're dumb like me and run a stock cooler on your cpu, you should probably do something about that. I was getting annoyed about my core i5 throttling under load so I replaced the stock cooler with a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo.

Alright. Now turn your boost clock up to 4.0

• Locked thread